MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
CecaiGuardian
Kobold

Re: MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (NEW! Latest V

Post by CecaiGuardian »

It already works for b89, I haven't ran into any problems related to this framework so far. I don't think it's dead; possibly waiting on an official release of b90.

drswoboda
Dragon

Upgrade BoT to 32c

Post by drswoboda »

lmarkus001 wrote:In Development!
OTHER's TOOLS
[*]Upgraded to Wolf42 Bag of Tricks 25c -- CUSTOMIZED to support my UDF Wiki: setSize() and to support the automatic movement of the "shadow" invisible token. These customizations are implemented via Event macros on lib:EventMacros.
Can I upgrade this to use Bag Of Tricks 32c without breaking the framework?

-David

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Hello!

I was curious if anyone had any tricks for re-sizing the Active mods window in b87? A number of users cannot reach the "ok" button. I end up hiding my toolbar, which helps, but some cannot. Thanks!

Best,
E

Kodi
Kobold

Post by Kodi »

Elorebaen wrote:I was curious if anyone had any tricks for re-sizing the Active mods window in b87? A number of users cannot reach the "ok" button. I end up hiding my toolbar, which helps, but some cannot. Thanks!
I'm not sure if there's an easy way to resize the window. But one trick that might help is that a user can press ESCAPE to cancel the window or Control+Enter to press the OK button.

In fact, Control+Enter can be used to press the OK button in most/all windows.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Kodi wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:I was curious if anyone had any tricks for re-sizing the Active mods window in b87? A number of users cannot reach the "ok" button. I end up hiding my toolbar, which helps, but some cannot. Thanks!
I'm not sure if there's an easy way to resize the window. But one trick that might help is that a user can press ESCAPE to cancel the window or Control+Enter to press the OK button.

In fact, Control+Enter can be used to press the OK button in most/all windows.
Heya Kodi :) Thank you for the tip! I never knew about the ctrl-ent

Best,
E

drswoboda
Dragon

States and the mouseover option

Post by drswoboda »

I'm new to this Framework. I can see it is quite complicated and that there is not a lot of documentation. Excuse my ignorance as I ask a bunch of questions. I'll post each question in a new post.

States:
I really like all the States setup with this Framework. However, I did notice that some States are set to Mouseover, and some are not? I don't see a pattern to which is set to what.

Is there a rhyme and reason to how they are set to Mouseover, or can I change them to whatever state I wish them to be?

Thanks,
-David

drswoboda
Dragon

A lean and mean version of the Framwork

Post by drswoboda »

There is a lot of this framework that I don't think I will ever use. Are there any guidelines on how to strip it down a bit and not break the rest of the system? I'm playing D&D 3.5e so all the Pathfinder stuff is not needed in my campaign. I don't need the PF Summoning, calendars, etc. I'd like to get the size down a bit before I merge my maps into the framework. Which maps can be removed without breaking every thing. You need BASE and Libraries & Utils. What about the rest?

Has anyone stripped this down a bit? Any help would be appreciated.

-David

drswoboda
Dragon

Campaign verus Character (player) Macros

Post by drswoboda »

The Framework appears to be based on Campaign Macros. I'm not planning on running the entire game on the Framework since I still use DM Genie. I'd like to use it more for the information display abilities, like States. I like the Spell libraries and would like to have my players be able to use this feature for information lookup on spell details. We all play in the same room on a LAN.

Can I just add some of the Campaign Macros on the Character tokens without breaking the system. I don't see my players needing access to all the Campaign Macros. I'd like to give them just certain macros that they will need for their character.

Can I safely do this?

-David

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: States and the mouseover option

Post by aliasmask »

drswoboda wrote:I'm new to this Framework. I can see it is quite complicated and that there is not a lot of documentation. Excuse my ignorance as I ask a bunch of questions. I'll post each question in a new post.

States:
I really like all the States setup with this Framework. However, I did notice that some States are set to Mouseover, and some are not? I don't see a pattern to which is set to what.

Is there a rhyme and reason to how they are set to Mouseover, or can I change them to whatever state I wish them to be?

Thanks,
-David
You can change the visibility to what you like. Generally speaking, if the state has a visible effect I set it to everyone, otherwise just owner and gm. Mouseover option is just a preference but I like mouseover better for many of them unless, as a GM I need to notice it, like prone.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: A lean and mean version of the Framwork

Post by aliasmask »

drswoboda wrote:There is a lot of this framework that I don't think I will ever use. Are there any guidelines on how to strip it down a bit and not break the rest of the system? I'm playing D&D 3.5e so all the Pathfinder stuff is not needed in my campaign. I don't need the PF Summoning, calendars, etc. I'd like to get the size down a bit before I merge my maps into the framework. Which maps can be removed without breaking every thing. You need BASE and Libraries & Utils. What about the rest?

Has anyone stripped this down a bit? Any help would be appreciated.

-David
You can delete the PF macros and maps without a problem. The BASE map is for wolph42's Bag of Tricks which is it's own thing and has some very useful tools. Lib is the main map and you can't delete that one. The summon maps are for summoning, so if you never summon, then you don't need and you can delete the macro as well. That may cause a problem with the disguise macro because I think it looks at that map as well. Not sure if it will error though. Limbo map is good to have for general PC token manipulation, but you can have your own perma map and it doesn't have to be Limbo.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Campaign verus Character (player) Macros

Post by aliasmask »

drswoboda wrote:The Framework appears to be based on Campaign Macros. I'm not planning on running the entire game on the Framework since I still use DM Genie. I'd like to use it more for the information display abilities, like States. I like the Spell libraries and would like to have my players be able to use this feature for information lookup on spell details. We all play in the same room on a LAN.

Can I just add some of the Campaign Macros on the Character tokens without breaking the system. I don't see my players needing access to all the Campaign Macros. I'd like to give them just certain macros that they will need for their character.

Can I safely do this?

-David
I don't recommend putting macros on the tokens. It becomes a management issue if you eliminate the campaign macros. What I would do (and have done) is just move the needed PC macros to the top in a group and tell the player not to worry about the other macros. Campaign macros are much easier than using token macros and adds a level of security.

drswoboda
Dragon

Re: Campaign verus Character (player) Macros

Post by drswoboda »

aliasmask wrote:[I don't recommend putting macros on the tokens. It becomes a management issue if you eliminate the campaign macros. What I would do (and have done) is just move the needed PC macros to the top in a group and tell the player not to worry about the other macros. Campaign macros are much easier than using token macros and adds a level of security.
Thank you for your really fast responses to my questions. I appreciate the help. I am returning to Maptool after at least a 5 year absence, so I am a bit rusty and totally in the dark about all the progress on the macro system.

Regarding macros. Is there a good place to look to help on them? Is the Wiki the best place?

I was also wondering how you make the macro panels organized with sections like in the campaign. I have not figured that out. Also, moving them around with drag and drop seems to take some work. Can you give me any insight on this?

Thank you.
-David

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Edit a macro in the campaign window and change the group name. You can then drag the other macro to new group and delete the old macros. I also recommend saving before making any big changes so you can go back if needed.

drswoboda
Dragon

Bag of Tricks v32c

Post by drswoboda »

Aliasmask,

Thanks for the macro info. Towards the top of this page I asked about BoT v32c and whether or not it is compatible with the Framework. Do you know if I can upgrade from v25 to v32c?

Thanks,
David

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm sure you can. Probably just a matter of replacing the lib tokens, but you should visit the BoT drop-in page in wolph42's signature for details.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”