MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED AGAIN

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:
BearFather wrote:Yeah it was being a dumbass and not reading. Now need to figure out why I can't start it with more then 1gig of ram on all buy my main machine. But I'm sure it's posted in here somewhere. So off I go.
If you have a 32bit system, then you can use 1400 but not 2 gigs because of the 32bit limitation.
This isn't obvious to many, but even if you have a 64 bit system, Java wants to install the 32 bit version of java by default at their site. Install the 64 bit version manually if you have a 64 bit system and want to run more than 1.4 gb of mem.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

Full Bleed wrote:
aliasmask wrote:
BearFather wrote:Yeah it was being a dumbass and not reading. Now need to figure out why I can't start it with more then 1gig of ram on all buy my main machine. But I'm sure it's posted in here somewhere. So off I go.
If you have a 32bit system, then you can use 1400 but not 2 gigs because of the 32bit limitation.
This isn't obvious to many, but even if you have a 64 bit system, Java wants to install the 32 bit version of java by default at their site. Install the 64 bit version manually if you have a 64 bit system and want to run more than 1.4 gb of mem.

Yeah as soon as I hit submit. It clicked in my mind. I had install 64bit on my main machine. But not on the other 2 I was trying to get working. I am full of dumbass moments. Otherwise life be boring:)

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

ok so when using the attack macro it gives the error mentioned before when i have a selected target 1, 2, or both. but works fine if i literally just have the target selected and run it. BUT my problem is that no matter what the AC is set to it ALWAYS hits the target. i ahd it set to 20 and a roll of 13 HIT. any idea how to fix this?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

blakdeth19 wrote:ok so when using the attack macro it gives the error mentioned before when i have a selected target 1, 2, or both. but works fine if i literally just have the target selected and run it. BUT my problem is that no matter what the AC is set to it ALWAYS hits the target. i ahd it set to 20 and a roll of 13 HIT. any idea how to fix this?
Methinks you are actually referring to http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 75#p255975 and not my framework...

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

No, im not refering to my macro. Im refering to the attack framework(black) macro that is listed under campaign macros. It has the option to select 2 targets, 4 weapons, nd various conditions. No matter who is selected to attack or the AC it always hits. The damage button generated in the chat field works fine however

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

blakdeth19 wrote:ok so when using the attack macro it gives the error mentioned before when i have a selected target 1, 2, or both. but works fine if i literally just have the target selected and run it. BUT my problem is that no matter what the AC is set to it ALWAYS hits the target. i ahd it set to 20 and a roll of 13 HIT. any idea how to fix this?
The Attack macros (Frame or Dialog) do not perform automatic hit determination. They just perform the rolls and apply modifiers and present the results. At no time is the target token(s) AC queried or referenced. The player/GM make the final hit determinations. So the output you are seeing is showing what armor class would be hit (barring any un-tracked factors).

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

ok where can i find the tables referenced in the attack framework macro on the lib token?
at the end of the macro it references 3 tables i believe but they are not listed in the table window

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

blakdeth19 wrote:ok where can i find the tables referenced in the attack framework macro on the lib token?
at the end of the macro it references 3 tables i believe but they are not listed in the table window
The only table references I am aware of in the attack macro are to "SysVars" and "SRDSpecialATK" (both of which are visible in the framework). Could you be more specific which macro you are interested in and what line(s) of code has you confused?

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

Code: Select all

[MACRO( "tblAttack@"+getMacroLocation() ): margs]
      </td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td>
         [MACRO( "tblAttackVars@"+getMacroLocation() ): margs]
      </td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td>
         [MACRO( "tblSpecialAttack@"+getMacroLocation() ): margs]
      </td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td>
         [MACRO( "tblAttackModSets@"+getMacroLocation() ): margs]

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Oh you are referencing the attackFrame macro. That macro builds the HTML attack frame-window. The tbl____ ("tblAttack@"+getMacroLocation()) are referencing macros in that same section of the token. They are used to build the HTML for the separate parts of the attack frame.

For example, tblAttack@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder renders the 4 weapon choice pull downs:
Select Attack #1: < - NO WEAPON SELECTED - >
Select Attack #2: < - NO WEAPON SELECTED - >
Select Attack #3: < - NO WEAPON SELECTED - >
Select Attack #4: < - NO WEAPON SELECTED - >

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

So which macro do i need to edit to allow checking of AC and auto Damage?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

blakdeth19 wrote:So which macro do i need to edit to allow checking of AC and auto Damage?
I would guess a combination of LibAttack and LibAttack.sub with calls to your own routines.

But what you are after will be a significant change with many hurdles. Most notably, only one person may modify a token at a time. So if the GM runs attacks for his creatures and they "auto damage" a PC, but that token is selected by the player-owner, the changes are likely to be undone especially if the player then moves that token (or other modification).

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I'm trying to port my campaign (with all my mods) over to the latest edition of your framework.

Question: When I apply damage and token goes unconscious, I get a missing value pop up for "sense_blind" but I can't see (no pun intended) where there property is coming from or expected? Any ideas what I need to adjust?
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

JamzTheMan wrote:I'm trying to port my campaign (with all my mods) over to the latest edition of your framework.

Question: When I apply damage and token goes unconscious, I get a missing value pop up for "sense_blind" but I can't see (no pun intended) where there property is coming from or expected? Any ideas what I need to adjust?
The current framework tracks a token's senses (like Darkvision 90, lowlight vision, tremorsense, etc.). When a token goes unconscious, it's senses get changed to Blind. So at a minumum you will want the Campaign Properties: Sight
Campaign Properties: Sight
Blind: circle distance=2.5 r2
Darkvision90: circle r92
Darkvision60: circle r62
Darkvision30 and Lowlight: circle x2 r16
Dazzled: circle x0.5 r2
Darkvision90 and Lowlight: circle x2 r46
Obsuring Mist: circle distance=12
Darkvision60 and Lowlight: circle x2 r31
Darkvision: circle r62
Normal: circle r2
Darkvision120: circle r122
Lowlight: circle x2 r1.2
Darkvision120 and Lowlight: circle x2 r61
Darkvision30: circle r32
The Table: SysVars contains lists of variable senses (like Darkvision), and fixed senses (like keen scent, and low-light vision). So that table is pretty critical.

The campaign token properties include:
SensesFixedJ:[]
SensesFixedMod:{}
SensesRangedJ:{}
SensesRangedMod:{}
SensesDisplay

Hopefully this will get you on the right track. You can take a look at the summonable monsters map for some examples of senses. The quick statsheet should show them.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Thanks, it was the SysVars table! I figured it was setting it to blind but had the sight type and was like 3 macro's deep and still haven't found the issue...

Weird thing is, I started with your campaign, and then started porting in my macros, maps, properties, etc. I wouldn't have touched that table so not sure why it was only 19 rows vs 29 rows!

Now it's got me wondering if I need to start over....I'll see how the rest goes

Oh, one more thing, I see the RegExp parser has been heavily modified (for the better I assume!). I use a lot of HeroLab statblocks, it doesn't seem to like their format or something. Have you used them or know if they are supported by this parser? I'm able to use them or 20pfsrd's equally in my original parser.
-Jamz

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”