MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Glock-9mm
Giant

Re: MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED AGAIN

Post by Glock-9mm »

Hey team, so in a week I'm kicking of my games again but I have an issue and Im not 100% sure its with the Framework or the MT Build 91 or Java...

So I have just upgraded to MT91 and simply imported the .cmpgn framework *(This is Imarkus001's Framework) and everything works except the attack frame. I get the below error. - Note that it still works fine in Build maptool-1.3.b90-beta (Nerps edition)

Here is what I get
Spoiler
Any Ideas?
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

It's def a bug with .91 if it works in previous editions (and you are using Java 6 or 7, can you let us know?). Not sure what the framework is evoking at that point but it could be related to the smilies fix(?) that may have introduced a bug? Not sure what else would have been touched code wise with the html frames...

Lets see if anyone else can duplicate it. I'd look into it more if I had time but gotta get back to the garage to make some molding! :)
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

this concerns a known bug in b91 concerning the use of more than 6 styles in one sheet. its reported and theres also a fix somewhere posted. Btw IRC its java8 related. it should not happen with j7, if it does, than this is a different bug.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

JamzTheMan wrote:
Oh, one more thing, I see the RegExp parser has been heavily modified (for the better I assume!). I use a lot of HeroLab statblocks, it doesn't seem to like their format or something. Have you used them or know if they are supported by this parser? I'm able to use them or 20pfsrd's equally in my original parser.
I don't use HeroLab. I have taken various things people have put up and incorporated them, mostly untested by me, with a couple of corrections/tweaks on my part.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

wolph42 wrote:this concerns a known bug in b91 concerning the use of more than 6 styles in one sheet. its reported and theres also a fix somewhere posted. Btw IRC its java8 related. it should not happen with j7, if it does, than this is a different bug.

There is a fix posted!?!?! My search-fu is weak...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

lmarkus001 wrote:
wolph42 wrote:this concerns a known bug in b91 concerning the use of more than 6 styles in one sheet. its reported and theres also a fix somewhere posted. Btw IRC its java8 related. it should not happen with j7, if it does, than this is a different bug.

There is a fix posted!?!?! My search-fu is weak...
Yeah, I think username posted a fix for java. No idea when it'll be applied. As for a fix for now, you could use replace on the class names to put the style text in-line if you want to do it dynamically. Btw, you can use 7, but not 8 styles if that matters to you.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Ill wipe J8 and Install J7 and see if it resolves - Ill post the results either way tomorrow night :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Glock-9mm wrote:Ill wipe J8 and Install J7 and see if it resolves - Ill post the results either way tomorrow night :)
Yeah, you don't see the style error in java 7 but according to username(?) it's still there. It just doesn't flame out like it does in java 8.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Glock-9mm wrote:Ill wipe J8 and Install J7 and see if it resolves - Ill post the results either way tomorrow night :)
FYI, you can leave Java 8 if you want, you just have to specify the Java 7 JVM path for MT, which use to be in the mt.vfg (not sure with the new launcher).

Or wipe it if you aren't using it for anything else. :arrow: And as always, make sure you install the x64 but version.
-Jamz

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

JamzTheMan wrote:
FYI, you can leave Java 8 if you want, you just have to specify the Java 7 JVM path for MT, which use to be in the mt.vfg (not sure with the new launcher).

Or wipe it if you aren't using it for anything else. :arrow: And as always, make sure you install the x64 but version.
Yeah I know, I just flamed it because I use Java for MT and that's it :)

Rewinding to J7 seems to have resolved the above outcome so all good :)

Cheers team
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

LM,
Something i noticed while playing with the latest version, initiative doesn't have the 'roll twice, use highest' or 'roll twice, use lowest' mechanic.

Is this something you plan to implement soon?

Cheers!

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Hello!

I was curious if you can use Dedicated Multi-Skill Check macro with the various Knowledge skills, and if so, how does one do that. I tried the following:

Code: Select all

[H: targSkill = "Knowledge (Arcana), Sense Motive, Climb, Intimidate" ]
and it said

Code: Select all

Skill knowledge (arcana) not found.
When, the token definitely has it.

Thanks!

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Could someone help out with a macro please.

I need to have a toggle button to add 12 to perception, and add +1 to bab, but I'm not sure how to accomplish it.

Thanks!

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

jsharen wrote:Could someone help out with a macro please.

I need to have a toggle button to add 12 to perception, and add +1 to bab, but I'm not sure how to accomplish it.

Thanks!
I am no expert, but, you should be able to create a Mod with those bonuses, then, you can use the dedicated active mod to call it for the toggle. Let me know if that helps.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

I can do a mod with the MiscAtk bonus, but I do not see the option for an actual BAB increase, with everything that entails (iterative attacks, etc).

As for the skill increase, there is no option in the creation of a mod to add to a skill. I suspect it has to be done by attaching a macro to the mod, which is how I intended to do it if someone could give me the macro to increase skill and BAB :)

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”