91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: 91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (RELEASED!)

Post by wolph42 »

Thanks for the heads up. I never new that. So...how can this be fixed? I preferably do not use a different server (then dropbox) as is integrated in the entire workflow and easily upgraded. Is this a specific dropbox issue? or does it happens with other file shares as well?

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

My understanding is that there is no simple fix at the moment, other than using a hosting service that supports returning the file type as part of the return parameters.

I will try to remember to look for the original post tonight and link it here.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Easiest fix is remove the repository entry, then you will not get the error :-) This means all graphics will be hosted by the server, so make certain it is on decent machine with decent bandwidth.

I am confused as to the issue myself, as I tried hosting the file myself (on a webserver I have access too) and it fails there too. The Mote folks are aware of the issue and eventually repositories will return.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Lindsay,
Do you have any updates on the latest status with Mote? Do things appear to be usable now?

I'd really like to try working with Mote, but the simple fact is I only run pathfinder games these days, and your FW is Maptools lately for me.

That is primarily a compliment to your FW, given that Mote or Maptools is only as useful to me as your FW. :)

Cheers and I can't say enough, thanks for all the hard work.

Jash

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Most of the Mote issues have been resolved. My group has been trying to use Mote several sessions and we uncover issues which the Mote team does their best to resolve. The most notable issues currently are:
  • Limited Bag of Tricks functionality - Wolf42 continues his heroic efforts to get much of his kit working in Mote, but there continue to be challenges.
  • Using Character Sheet to modify a token when not on the token's home map - Just don't do it! Mote has flattened the token structure so you can get to any token from anywhere. But this causes pseudo-duplication of a token if you modify a token when not on the map the token resides on. So using the character sheet to roll a saving throw is fine, but changing elevation or any other change will duplicate-link the token onto the current map. I am working on a filter that only allows "safe" links to be run in Mote. Along these lines, if you use the Summon macros to summon critters, make certain they get renamed to avoid any back-end confusion in Mote (they may have this resolved, but better to be safe).
  • Z-axis issues - In Mote, there is just one Z-axis so a token on the token layer can be placed behind an image on the background layer! So what I currently do is select all Token layer tokens and bring to front, then select Hidden and send to back, then Object and send to back, then Background and send to back. This resolves the major stacking issues.
Also, I find some initial load issues with Mote (mostly for the players). A large percent of the time, when a player initially connects to the server, then end up with a black screen, or when they switch maps they get a blank/black screen. 100% of the time, having them disconnect then reconnect resolves this problem for the night. Additionally, some graphics fail to render and are replaced with the backwards ?. I find moving that image (even just moving and returning to starting spot) will resolve that issue.

KPhan1212
Kobold

Post by KPhan1212 »

Hello! Longtime user here. I'm trying to make an item for the PCs that improves a specific skill, is there a way to do that? All I can find is an option that improves all skills. How do I make an item that gives a +2 competence bonus to hide and move silently checks? Thank you!

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Hey, after the latest Mote update all weapon damage rolls default to 1. It will say "1d12 = 1" in the tooltip. Can you confirm and try to find out why?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

KPhan1212 wrote:Hello! Longtime user here. I'm trying to make an item for the PCs that improves a specific skill, is there a way to do that? All I can find is an option that improves all skills. How do I make an item that gives a +2 competence bonus to hide and move silently checks? Thank you!
This is not possible in the current framework, only global all skills mods can be applied.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:Hey, after the latest Mote update all weapon damage rolls default to 1. It will say "1d12 = 1" in the tooltip. Can you confirm and try to find out why?
Hummm... just ran a session in Mote on Friday and did not have this issue.

I do have an update coming soon that tweaks the output of most of the macros in the framework so when it gets released that will be worth a look.

Cain Eyebright
Kobold

Post by Cain Eyebright »

I was needing to work on a new module, so I grabbed the latest campaign version to use with b91, but I keep getting an error with the Setup Blank macro, happens after filling out the 'core' popup, never get the rest.

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): MACRO("setupBlank@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder")       Statement Body : ""

Any way to determine where the fault is?

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

lmarkus001 wrote:
smartsoldier wrote:Hey, after the latest Mote update all weapon damage rolls default to 1. It will say "1d12 = 1" in the tooltip. Can you confirm and try to find out why?
Hummm... just ran a session in Mote on Friday and did not have this issue.

I do have an update coming soon that tweaks the output of most of the macros in the framework so when it gets released that will be worth a look.
I see. I guess I should mention the version number was 1.5.5.3. Is this the same version you ran on Friday? I believe Mote has an autoupdate built in now.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”