[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b61 Campaign Macros

Post by lmarkus001 »

Azhrei wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:1) Yes. Two different ways. First if you have up the character sheet the skills are listed there and you can click the skill name to roll a check. Second you can copy the Sample Dedicated Skill Check macro from the campaign window on to your token, edit it and viola.
Which reminds me... I should send you my multi-token specialized skill check macro.

As GM, I want to be able to run secret skill checks for multiple tokens all at once. So I wrote a macro to do that and to give a very simple output table that has the result of each roll. And the tooltip for each token is still there. Part of the issue as that I didn't want to be prompt for each skill check when I've got 5-6 tokens to do...

I'll try to get to that today or tomorrow. :)
This is already in the framework... gmMultiSkillCheck

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

DMFTodd wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:Second you can copy the Sample Dedicated Skill Check macro from the campaign window on to your token, edit it and viola.
I don't see a button called "Sample Dedicated Skill Check" in the campaign window. I'm on 59b. Did it come with a later version? Maybe someone code post that code?

While we're on suggestions for skills, it might be handy on the Skill form to have a "Number of Rolls" entries. For times when the DM wants you to make 5 Search checks or something.

And while I'm begging for new macros: A gmMultiSaveCheck would be really handy when 5 orcs all get fireballed.
Yes was new with b59r2.

Agreed, consider gmMultiSaveCheck to be active next update!
EDIT: Oh wait a minute... the current SavingThrow macro process masses already! It prompts you once for what save+temp bonus, then it runs that on all selected.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Azhrei wrote:As GM, I want to be able to run secret skill checks for multiple tokens all at once. So I wrote a macro to do that and to give a very simple output table that has the result of each roll. And the tooltip for each token is still there. Part of the issue as that I didn't want to be prompt for each skill check when I've got 5-6 tokens to do...
This is already in the framework... gmMultiSkillCheck
Very cool. I just tried it and it functions the way I'd want it to. :)

Just one problem -- the UI and the actual implementation are in the same macro. :(

I can't automate the macro because I can't hard-code the skill I want to check against. If the macro were split into two pieces, one that does the UI prompting and one that does the actual roll, then I could call the macro directly without putting up a dialog at all.

That's what was different about my custom macro. :)

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

I'll be running the b61 version tonight, along with IceStorm's Bow Macro (not using the Sneak Attack though, as my players wrote their own that works just fine). I'll let you know how it goes.

I have a programmer player now! He's starting to open the bits up a little and see how they're constructed. He might make some refinements, which, if that comes to pass I'll see if I can pass along. (Of course his first wistful comment was, 'If ony this was written in Javacript!')
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Icestorm008
Kobold

Post by Icestorm008 »

I'll be running the b61 version tonight, along with IceStorm's Bow Macro (not using the Sneak Attack though, as my players wrote their own that works just fine). I'll let you know how it goes.
Let me know how the bow macro works, I'm busy until Wednesday night and then afterward, I'll be sitting down to work on this macro while waiting for my Thursday night gaming session. Player feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Lindsay,

Everything worked fine! No issues to report! I wish I had some glowing anecdote to share, but other than it worked smoothly with no bugs, that is all I have to say! Just as a reminder, you might want to add the Healing Link Feature to the Channel Energy Macro. Oh! Here's an ancedote.. the Healing Link is sheer genius. That really cuts down how much by-play has to go between players and the GM just to get the healing done.

IceStorm,

My ranger thought it was awesome. It really cut down on the amount of hacking he does to his weapon macros, especially both of his favored enemies were in play last night. One thing you might want to do is have it look at the BAB Variable on the character sheet to determine the amount of bonus for Deadly Aim. You had it preset, presumably for your Ranger Player, whereas my ranger player was a higher level and was entitled to more of a bonus. That was fine, we cracked the macro open and tweaked the code- but that is spot for improvement.

If you can do Rapid Strike, that would be awesome.

Vital Strike might be really tricky, since you just take the Base Weapon Damage and add it, and that might be hard to get a macro to figure out; plus you have to limit it to a single attack. Consider that Olympic Gold, and put your initial emphasis on Rapid Strike instead.. just my opinion.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Icestorm008
Kobold

Post by Icestorm008 »

IceStorm,

My ranger thought it was awesome. It really cut down on the amount of hacking he does to his weapon macros, especially both of his favored enemies were in play last night. One thing you might want to do is have it look at the BAB Variable on the character sheet to determine the amount of bonus for Deadly Aim. You had it preset, presumably for your Ranger Player, whereas my ranger player was a higher level and was entitled to more of a bonus. That was fine, we cracked the macro open and tweaked the code- but that is spot for improvement.

If you can do Rapid Strike, that would be awesome.

Vital Strike might be really tricky, since you just take the Base Weapon Damage and add it, and that might be hard to get a macro to figure out; plus you have to limit it to a single attack. Consider that Olympic Gold, and put your initial emphasis on Rapid Strike instead.. just my opinion.
I worked on it, and I think I got it figured out. Make sure Vital Strike is configured correctly because I don't know what "Precision-based damage" could be interpreted as under the actual feat itself. Not sure if it includes point blank / deadly aim / etc. So for now, I have the macro set up all inclusive, and it's easy to amend based on how the rules dictate. Please let me know what you think, it looks good to me. =)
Attachments
rangerbow.mtmacro
Thanks for the feedback on the macro. It makes me enjoy working on it much more. However, I didn't add the Deadly aim suggestion because it really adds on to the file size. In order to do this with the way I recreated it, I'd recommend cross referencing it somehow. Although at this point, I think it's easy enough to go through and change it manually. =)
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

MidnightLightning
Kobold

Post by MidnightLightning »

Azhrei wrote:
MIdnightLightning wrote:It looks like in many places in the macros, you're using "<br />" to create a line break, which is valid XHTML, but it seems that MapTool is only HTML-compliant, and needs it to be "<br>".
I open the XML in an editor and do a global search-and-replace to fix this. But it does get annoying...

There are three solutions I know of: replace all occurrences (as I do), upgrade your OS and hence your Java, replace your Java with SoyLatte (a community-sponsored version of Java). They each have their pros and cons.

Edit: Lindsay, if you'd like I can do the search-and-replace and send you the results? I basically use regular expressions as follows. I use <\s*br\s*/\s*> as the search RE and replacement text of <br>. Of course, since I'm editing XML I have to use < for < and > for >, so it looks pretty ugly. :roll:
In looking through the code, it looks like it's the <input /> tags that are most commonly the problem, so your global find/replace might want to include them as well (or just look for " />" and replace with ">")

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

if anyone is looking for ways to track class powers from PF my latest ver of the spells & magic manager can do this now. If anyone wants try it out and get back to me.

go here to get the framework.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 18#p124118

It should work with this framework, just have to add

CasterInfo:{}
CasterBackup:{}
SpecAbils:{}
SACats
SAGroup:{}

to the token props and add the new prop from lib token.

galneweinhaw
Dragon

Post by galneweinhaw »

lmarkus, another minor PF update for Bard Inspire Courage:
(Bard Inspire Courage): Gain a +1 Morale bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and saves vs. charm & fear.
this has changed to
(Bard Inspire Courage): Gain a +1 Competance bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls, and +1 Morale bonus on saves vs. charm & fear.
Which is nice for stacking Bless or other buffs with the Bard's song!

(reference )
galneweinhaw = galileo newton einstein hawking

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I have a MAJOR addition in the works that will make the whole mod stacking thing trivial and easy to deal with... so the Bard Song will be taken care of by that.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

lmarkus001 wrote:I have a MAJOR addition in the works that will make the whole mod stacking thing trivial and easy to deal with... so the Bard Song will be taken care of by that.

Offically excited!

galneweinhaw
Dragon

Post by galneweinhaw »

lmarkus001 wrote:I have a MAJOR addition in the works that will make the whole mod stacking thing trivial and easy to deal with... so the Bard Song will be taken care of by that.
WOOHOO!!!!

galneweinhaw
Dragon

Post by galneweinhaw »

Any idea how to deal with non-stacking bonuses where you take the higher, but don't want to overright the lower because of a different duration? For example, Mage Armour when the player has Leather Armour. Making the bonus +4 from mage armour prevents the ability to retun to +2 afterwards, when the spell expires.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Paradox wrote:

Offically excited!
+1 !

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”