[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Post by lmarkus001 »

SDShannonS wrote:Is there any way to apply a bonus or penalty to a character's CMD or CMB? If, for example, a character has a trait, feat, item, etc. that grants a +1 bonus to CMD, there does not appear to be any way to apply that. The campaign properties do not include a CMD or CMB property - the value gets calculated on the fly by each different special attack macro. And it can't even be added to the macro manually because then it would apply to every character instead of just the character with the bonus.

I suggest adding a couple campaign properties to the Pathfinder set: CMB and CMD. Then, the called macro can reference those properties instead of calculating them on the fly at runtime.

Shannon
Sounds like I need to add a CMDMod and CMBMod variable to the mod-sets...

Vebrandsson
Kobold

Post by Vebrandsson »

Ok, I'm new as I'm sure my post count clearly displays, and this topic is longer than everything, so if I missed something on the 90+ pages that proceed this one I apologize ahead of time. I'm trying to set up the system for 3.5, and I downloaded the latest version you had listed on the first post of this topic, and followed all the instructions in that post. However when I try to save the campaign as instructed I get an error that says I cannot save. If I wait for the autosave to kick in then I get the following: "Autosave Failed: java.lang.NullPointerException" I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I missed a step somewhere, but I'd love to be able to use this system it seems awesome.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Vebrandsson wrote:If I wait for the autosave to kick in then I get the following: "Autosave Failed: java.lang.NullPointerException" I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I missed a step somewhere, but I'd love to be able to use this system it seems awesome.
This sounds like a bug in MapTool. Please start a new thread and post the entire error text. You can find a copy of it in .maptool/log.txt in your home directory. This thread has similar information to what is now in the README file in the ZIP download.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

That's the same problem I had when I clicked on a token that covered an object token with text in the notes when I first started using 3.5/framework. But I haven't had that problem since. I'll see if I can dig up the old framework and see if I can duplicate error.

edit: I found the campaign, but the error doesn't duplicate. Maybe version b63 fixed it? I don't recall off hand what version I was using on 12/12/09. After looking at the campaign, I had a token on the teleport pad (with GM notes) and when I clicked my token everything got really slow with the map. But there's no problem now that I can find.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

There was a bug fixed in b66 that involved the autosave process using the same variable as a normal campaign save. If they both executed at the same time and with exactly the wrong time delta between them (!) it could cause a NullPointerException. But it doesn't sound like he was trying to save at the same time as an autosave...

apwhite
Cave Troll

Post by apwhite »

Wands and Charges?

Any chance of getting proper support for wands and Charges? For example:
Campaign Properites
---| Wands |---
Wand0:Name=Magic Missile ; CasterLevel = 9 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=22 ; SaveDC= NA ; SaveType = NA ; SaveEffect = NA ;
Wand1:Name=Web ; CasterLevel=2 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=18 ; SaveDC= 15 ; SaveType = Reflex ; SaveEffect = Special ;
Wand2:Name=NA ; CasterLevel=0 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=50 ; SaveDC= 0 ; SaveType = Reflex ; SaveEffect = Half ;
Wand3:Name=NA ; CasterLevel=0 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=50 ; SaveDC= 0 ; SaveType = Reflex ; SaveEffect = Half ;

Then if I decide to use a wand, it will give a brief description (roll the damage from the 5 Magic Missiles), include the Saves (if any) and deduct a charge from the wand?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:Sounds like I need to add a CMDMod and CMBMod variable to the mod-sets...
That would be awesome!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

apwhite wrote:Wands and Charges?

Any chance of getting proper support for wands and Charges? For example:
Campaign Properites
---| Wands |---
Wand0:Name=Magic Missile ; CasterLevel = 9 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=22 ; SaveDC= NA ; SaveType = NA ; SaveEffect = NA ;
Wand1:Name=Web ; CasterLevel=2 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=18 ; SaveDC= 15 ; SaveType = Reflex ; SaveEffect = Special ;
Wand2:Name=NA ; CasterLevel=0 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=50 ; SaveDC= 0 ; SaveType = Reflex ; SaveEffect = Half ;
Wand3:Name=NA ; CasterLevel=0 ; Quantity=1 ; Charges=50 ; SaveDC= 0 ; SaveType = Reflex ; SaveEffect = Half ;

Then if I decide to use a wand, it will give a brief description (roll the damage from the 5 Magic Missiles), include the Saves (if any) and deduct a charge from the wand?
You might want to check out Plothos and Wrathgon's Spell Managers these both have the capability to handle most of what you want.

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

I noticed that the HPDying macro follows the standard 3.5 method even if the campaign is set to Pathfinder. The PF rules for dying are a little different:

Stable Characters and Recovery

On the character's next turn, after being reduced to negative hit points (but not dead), and on all subsequent turns, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check to become stable. The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total. A character that is stable does not need to make this check. A natural 20 on this check is an automatic success. If the character fails this check, he loses 1 hit point. An unconscious or dying character cannot use any special action that changes the initiative count on which his action occurs.

Characters taking continuous damage, such as from an acid arrow or a bleed effect, automatically fail all Constitution checks made to stabilize. Such characters lose 1 hit point per round in addition to the continuous damage.

Shannon
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

I think it's about time we closed this topic, allowed lmarkus to make a new topic in his new forum, and stickied that.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

Since Herolab is now the official generator for PF, what's the chances we can get an importer that'll take statblocks from Herolab and update a token using this framework? Pretty pretty please ??? :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

ziltmilt wrote:Since Herolab is now the official generator for PF, what's the chances we can get an importer that'll take statblocks from Herolab and update a token using this framework? Pretty pretty please ??? :)
Go ahead and make one. I'm sure everyone here would love to use what you come up with!

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

This would be a pretty big project ... I should get my group together and see if they'd be interested in collaborating on this one. I bet we could use a good bit of the existing Statblock2Token macro.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Um, doesn't HL output a PF-compatible statblock? If so you should be able to copy/paste into StatBlock2Token, right?

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Azhrei wrote:Um, doesn't HL output a PF-compatible statblock? If so you should be able to copy/paste into StatBlock2Token, right?
It does, Azhrei. I've never tried StatBlock2Token, but it does output plain text stablocks. (It also does HTML, BBCode, and Wikitext, all with boldfacer and italiacs and the like.)

Here is an example of plain text of one of the Shaitan Genies.. You might have a better idea if it would work than I would.

(I have the Bestiary Data pack for HeroLab)
Spoiler

Code: Select all

UNNAMED HERO	CR 7
Male Genie, Shaitan
Large Outsider (Earth, Extraplanar)
Init +5; Senses Darkvision (60 feet), Tremorsense (60 feet); Perception +14
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 20, touch 10, flat-footed 19   (+1 Dex, -1 size, +10 natural)
hp 85 (9d10+36)
Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +8
Immune electricity
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 20 ft., Burrowing (60 feet), Climbing (20 feet)
Melee Slam x2 (Genie, Shaitan) +13 x2 (2d6+5) and
   Unarmed Strike +13/+8 (1d4+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks Earth Mastery
Spell-Like Abilities Glitterdust (3/day), Meld into Stone (At will), Plane Shift (willing targets to elemental planes, , Quicken Spell-Like Ability (Glitterdust), Rusting Grasp (3/day), Soften Earth and Stone (At will), Stone Shape (At will), Stone Tell (3/day), Stoneskin (3/day), Transmute Mud to Rock (1/day), Transmute Rock to Mud (1/day), Veil (self only) (At will), Wall of Stone (3/day)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 20,  Dex 13,  Con 19,  Int 14,  Wis 14,  Cha 15
Base Atk +8/+3; CMB +15 (+19 Bull Rushing); CMD 26 (28 vs. Bull Rush)
Feats Combat Casting, Greater Bull Rush, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Power Attack +6/-3, Quicken Spell-Like Ability: Glitterdust (3/day)
Skills Appraise +14, Bluff +14, Climb +25, Craft: Gemcutting +14, Fly -1, Knowledge: Engineering +14, Perception +14, Sense Motive +14, Spellcraft +14, Stealth -3
Languages Aquan, Auran, Common, Ignan, Terran; Telepathy (100 feet)
SQ Metalmorph (Su), Stone Curse (DC 19) (Su), Stone Glide (Su)

--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Burrowing (60 feet) You have a Burrow speed.
Climbing (20 feet) You have a Climb speed.
Combat Casting +4 to Concentration checks to cast while on the defensive.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Earth Mastery An earth elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the elemental takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. These modifiers apply to bull rush a
Greater Bull Rush +2 to Bull Rush, opponent's movement provokes AoO from your allies.
Immunity to Electricity You are immune to electricity damage.
Improved Bull Rush Bull Rush at +2 to push back. No attack of opportunity.
Metalmorph (Su) As a standard action, a shaitan may touch a single metal object of no more than 10 pounds and transform it into any other metal for 1 day.
Power Attack +6/-3 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Quicken Spell-Like Ability: Glitterdust (3/day) Spell-like ability is cast as a swift action up to 3/day.
Stone Curse (DC 19) (Su) If a shaitan wins a bull rush check by 5 or more and pushes its target into a stone barrier, the target must make a DC 19 Reflex save or be forced into the barrier as if the target had cast meld into stone until the victim makes a successful DC 19 Fo
Stone Glide (Su) This functions as the earth elemental's earth glide ability, except the shaitan can move through stone, dirt, crystal, or metal.
Telepathy (100 feet) (Su) Communicate telepathically if the target has a language.
Tremorsense (60 feet) Sense things and creatures without seeing them.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”