[4e] Mondays 9pm EST

Moderator: shamballa

shamballa
Giant

[4e] Mondays 9pm EST

Post by shamballa »

I'm a newbie GM (have previously run a dungeon's master side-story and a few encounters) looking to try his hand at running a whole campaign. So I'm looking for 5 people who are willing to run a weekly (unless I say otherwise) campaign Monday nights at 9pm EST until.... well until we get tired (I will probably be ending the campaign around 1 most of the time). So I ask that if you are interested you pm your character sheet (preferably multiple so that we can try to cover each of the roles... just tell me which one you would prefer) along with a character bio (a quick one about their personality and goals... a paragraph or 2 max). Ideally and Realistically we will be starting next week but if I get the 5 before tomorrow and people are want to I would be willing to start tomorrow (since the starting adventure is all set up and I only need to input the PC's).

There are 5 house rules I have thought up as of now: 1) Free action to retrieve potions and likemind consumables, 2) A heal check can be used to expend multiple healing surges (ie doesn't count for second wind) for as long as the recipient has surges, 3) Free weapon/implement expertise at level 5, 4) If 3 encounters pass and there is no extended rest you regain the use of a magic item, a daily, and 2 surges (don't intend for this to happen but rp changes things so it is nice to have a back up plan), and 5) At level 1 you get to choose 1 level 1 magic item. Everything else is exactly the same.

Edit: We will be starting from level 1.

shamballa
Giant

Re: [4e] Mondays 9pm EST

Post by shamballa »

Note: As of now I have a Rogue. So now I'm looking for a Leader and defender with the 4th and 5th being either a controller and/or a secondary striker, defender, leader.

DMonkey
Cave Troll

Post by DMonkey »

I have sent you my CS. :)

Hold on Tight
Hold on Forever

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

You sure did! The party is currently a Changeling Rogue and a Minotaur Fighter. So now looking for a Leader.... and the other two w/e.

Also another note if there are any tokens you want in particular just let me know otherwise I'll just get you one. If there is one you are partial too either message me the .jpg link or we can upload it before we start.

DMonkey
Cave Troll

Post by DMonkey »

Are we using any MapTools Framework?

Edit: I was also wondering what we were doing for communication, if we were going to be using Skype/Vent or something like that or if we were just typing.

Hold on Tight
Hold on Forever

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

I should have clarified that a while ago :oops: . We won't! This is all a trap to lure people into a decade long over email game! Mwha ha ha ha! :evil:

Nah I'm just playin. Its going to be veggiesamma on maptools b1.63.

DMonkey
Cave Troll

Post by DMonkey »

Its going to be veggiesamma on maptools b1.63.
Cool, I like his FW. And we're gonna type to talk? That's cool, I like that way of doing things.

Hold on Tight
Hold on Forever

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

DMonkey wrote:
Its going to be veggiesamma on maptools b1.63.
Cool, I like his FW. And we're gonna type to talk? That's cool, I like that way of doing things.
Yup. Use the /ooc (out of character) command for anything non roleplay and /emote for roleplaying thoughts and actions.

DMonkey
Cave Troll

Post by DMonkey »

A friend of mine is going to PM you any time now with a Bard Character Sheet.

Hold on Tight
Hold on Forever

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

Then that would be good.

So a quick update the party is currently
1) Changeling Rogue
2) Minotaur Fighter
3) Monk
4) Bard

I only need one more person to start tomorrow so I'm going to ask for a controller, leader , or defender.

Dread1ord
Kobold

Post by Dread1ord »

2nd defender away! Sheet sheet, can roll a ranger if needed.

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

So I've decided that I'm gonna go for 6 people since that would be fun and the more the merrier!

This time however I'm going to ask that it be either a controller or secondary leader.

Dread1ord
Kobold

Post by Dread1ord »

There I rolled you a wizard.

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

And thats game! Thanks folks!

Jesterrr21
Kobold

Post by Jesterrr21 »

I'm interested if there is still a spot, I've been trying to get into a regular game for months.
Right now I'll I play is RPGA LFR, and I would like something with more story.

Return to “The Mystic Moon”