House Rules

Moderator: shamballa

shamballa
Giant

House Rules

Post by shamballa »

1. Doing a heal check does not trigger a second wind. Rather it triggers a healing surge and can be used for as long as characters have surges left. You do not gain any additional benefits that you would normally recieve from healing or using a healing surge.

2. Free expertise of your choice at level 5.

3. The rule of thumb is that specific feat > power descriptions. If a power says something but a feat modifying the power says otherwise the feat is the rule that should be followed.

4. Leveling up counts as an extended rest for all physical purposes.

5. It is a free action to retrieve potions of healings and likewise consumables but still a minor action to use them. This is just for clarification as I have been in groups where it would require a minor/move to grab it and then a minor to use it.

6. Disenchant magic item only gives you half the gold value as opposed to 1/5.

7. With the brew potion ritual you can make a potion of any level. However if it is 1-5 levels higher than you there is a 10% increase of cost. Likewise for 6-10 20%, 11-15 30%, 16-20 40%, 21-25 50%, and 26-30 60%.

8. Unless the object is hidden in a room there is no need to roll perception for things you get from beating the baddies. Nor is there a reason to do a check to see if it is magic (unless you are struck by the urge to do so in combat).

9. If for some reason the enemy is unaware of your presence at the beginning of combat take a +5 to stealth checks (I will tell you if they are unaware or not). Likewise feel free to ask me if you can roll a stealth check due to enemy distraction.

10. If untrained in athletics you can use acrobatics to try to climb (thought the dc will be a bit higher).

11. Not really a houserule but whenever a new person joins/ your character dies and isn't ressurected whenever the new character joins it will have the same xp as the rest of the team. This is just so that one doesn't fall too far behind.

12. If 3 encounters pass with no leveling or extended rest than you regain a daily power

Return to “The Mystic Moon”