Rumble's 4th Edition D&D Framework, Version 5.0

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: Rumble's D&D Framework, Version 5.0

Post by Rumble »

Hm. I may already see the problem. Unfortunately, my computer is not letting MT start at the moment so I can't make the quick fix.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:I...didn't rename anything anywhere, so I can't really help you. Maybe you deleted something? BTW, renaming macros in the framework by guesswork is probably not a good idea :D

Are you sure that the library tokens didn't get their names changed somehow while you were working on your campaign? I haven't moved or altered the locations or names of any macros on those tokens, and it works fine for me.
Hi Rumble,

I only renamed a macro to try to deal with the error... Not sure how the macro got removed, it was not by my (purposeful) doing. I have the framework tokens on a separate map and generally don't go there after they have been imported. It is a weird conundrum.

I deleted the framework tokens and re added them and things seem to be working fine again (the missing macro is back). :mrgreen:

Thanks again for your continued support.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Deadolus wrote:
Rumble wrote:I...didn't rename anything anywhere, so I can't really help you. Maybe you deleted something? BTW, renaming macros in the framework by guesswork is probably not a good idea :D

Are you sure that the library tokens didn't get their names changed somehow while you were working on your campaign? I haven't moved or altered the locations or names of any macros on those tokens, and it works fine for me.
Hi Rumble,

I only renamed a macro to try to deal with the error... Not sure how the macro got removed, it was not by my (purposeful) doing. I have the framework tokens on a separate map and generally don't go there after they have been imported. It is a weird conundrum.

I deleted the framework tokens and re added them and things seem to be working fine again (the missing macro is back). :mrgreen:

I'd recommend re-downloading the beta and replacing all of the framework's library tokens entirely, then saving and reopening the campaign file. I really can't explain it; beta 22 and 23 both work fine for me.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:
Deadolus wrote:

Hi Rumble,

I'd recommend re-downloading the beta and replacing all of the framework's library tokens entirely, then saving and reopening the campaign file. I really can't explain it; beta 22 and 23 both work fine for me.
Sorry, I should have been more clear... I deleted the all the framework library tokens and re added them from your Beta 23 framework file and things seem to be working fine again. So, basically, what you suggested I do. :P

I think this is a closed issue pending the issue being reproducible.
Last edited by Deadolus on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Okay, Beta 24 is available.

+ Defense bonus issue fixed (to the best of my knowledge; however it only remembers the most recent change, so if you need to get back to base defenses, use "Clear All Conditions" or edit the character)

+ Feat importing tweaked, though I could never reproduce the issue Shamballa mentioned. It may be an issue with beta 22, but the fix is to move to beta 24.

+ Marks and Quarries (specifically, removing them via macro) fixed

+ MM3 monsters can be imported from the compendium and/or the Monster Builder (use the "Copy As Text" option, not the RTF export, when using the Monster Builder)

+ Monster import window tweaked to put a couple important notes at the top, where they're visible!

These updates did not make it to the click-to-target based version of the framework; that's an experimental branch that I'll attend to later.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Hi Rumble, spotted a issue with DispReminder. If you add a reminder with none as source and then edit it later, you get two entries with the edited version appended to the first. Deleting the reminder or using Clear All Reminders does not remove the original condition, it has to be removed by editing the token.
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

AidyBaby wrote:Hi Rumble, spotted a issue with DispReminder. If you add a reminder with none as source and then edit it later, you get two entries with the edited version appended to the first. Deleting the reminder or using Clear All Reminders does not remove the original condition, it has to be removed by editing the token.

I blame Kanye West.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Kanye West? Hmmm must be showing my age... BTW I've just opened the targeting test version and I love it for what it's worth.
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Wow! Just tried out the targeting version for b70 and I love it. I would say that is the last greatest non-combat time sink we have in our combat sessions... "Wait, which one is the guy by that stalagmite? Minion 1 or Minion 3?"

Seems awesome... can't wait to show my folks on Wednesday. Even played a bit with sneak attack and multiple targets and all worked like a charm.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Hawke wrote:Wow! Just tried out the targeting version for b70 and I love it. I would say that is the last greatest non-combat time sink we have in our combat sessions... "Wait, which one is the guy by that stalagmite? Minion 1 or Minion 3?"

Seems awesome... can't wait to show my folks on Wednesday. Even played a bit with sneak attack and multiple targets and all worked like a charm.
I have to get the latest fixes carried over to that; now I'm trying to remember what they were!

Brindon
Kobold

Post by Brindon »

Something else cool that I discovered about the click-to-target version of the framework--I don't get those pesky stack overflow errors from AoE attacks! I'm not sure what fixed that, but I won't question it!

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

I wonder if that would fix my one player who needs to raise his stack size to play. We'll have to mess with it - good thing you mentioned it otherwise I wouldn't've ever tried.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I know it's only been one day, but Beta 25 is available.

+ Fixed an error I discovered in the Assassin's Shroud processing.
+ Fixed Clear All Conditions to clear reminders with extreme prejudice. No fix is really available for setting a sourceless reminder, though.

For those digging the select-to-target version, get it here.

+ Added Assassin's shroud triggering to targeting dialog
+ Fixed same errors with Clear All conditions and shroud damage processing
+ Note that in this version, it's still looking for the burst center to count range for the purposes of range penalties; I don't have a good fix for that yet except to eliminate burst center entirely. I just haven't gotten it fixed yet. If you get any strange range penalties on area attacks, see if putting the burst center in place fixes it.

Brindon
Kobold

Post by Brindon »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the fix to defense penalties didn't seem to make it to the latest version of the b70 framework. The same problem seems to also affect attack penalties. Don't hate me!

Other than that, the framework is all kinds of awesome. I love, love, love click to target!

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Brindon wrote:the framework is all kinds of awesome. I love, love, love click to target!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”