[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: [4E] An Attempt to Return the Framework to its Classic F

Post by Rumble »

Doc_Waldo wrote:I may have missed it from one of the posts. Is there a way to suppers a power line, i.e. "special". I am thinking of this from the DM's perspective of not wanting to show a power info away, but yet seeing what it does in the quick-sheet, and/or a players perspective of turning it off after running it a fun times to shorten up the chat display.

There really isn't a way to do that (nor is there a way to easily put it in the framework). However, one option would be to add a "GM Only" notes field to the powers. Alternatively, you can put it in custom script, like:

Code: Select all

[g: "text goes here"]

@Aidybaby, I can add those in.

Doc_Waldo
Giant

Post by Doc_Waldo »

Yes, that will work great for what I want, the DM note.

I Forgot from last session. Is there a way to do a "mass" rest, currently I have to either select each separate, or go through each dialog box after selecting them all.

I ended up adding both lighting and your full frame bar, so if you threw it in that would be excellent.

Furthermore, I echo A's comments. Great work on an excellent framework.
--DOC

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Doc_Waldo wrote:Yes, that will work great for what I want, the DM note.

I Forgot from last session. Is there a way to do a "mass" rest, currently I have to either select each separate, or go through each dialog box after selecting them all.

I ended up adding both lighting and your full frame bar, so if you threw it in that would be excellent.

Furthermore, I echo A's comments. Great work on an excellent framework.

Okay, I'll add in a GM note for the power. Note it won't automatically populate on import or anything; it's going to be purely hand-created. But it will show in the power card and whatnot.

As for mass rest...I thought so, but I guess it's just 1 token at a time. How many tokens you resting?

Doc_Waldo
Giant

Post by Doc_Waldo »

5 to 7 normally. Maybe I didn't understand because I'm on my PDA, but if I can put a note in a power via just some script that's perfect.
--DOC

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Yeah, if you put in a note that looks like, say,

[g: "The power is this that and the other, plus some other things."]

it should display that only to the GM. You can do that as a stopgap until I get the GM notes implemented.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Okay, new revision - GM-only notes and fixes to various things requested (as well as the updated light options and fancier health bars).

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Thanks for the update. A couple of quirky things, however, with respect to the quick sheet that seem to have been introduced...

> Brannus' quick sheet cannot be shown.
> Importing monsters never seem to display the powers even on an apparently successful import and if you toggle edit mode 'in' and 'out' it is then not possible to display the quick sheet for that token.
> Editing one of Hero's or Villain's powers prevents the quick sheet from displaying for that token once another token's quick sheet has been displayed.

Plus, I don't know if it's my imagination, but there seems to be a noticeable (but not huge) slow down in changing/displaying the quick sheet.

Hopefully it's easily sorted.

-- AidyBaby --
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong for these PC tokens.

I'm using the latest version of the framework. I drag an image from the library to the map, hit F4, then F5 to import his summary, but when I click save it asks me to input a bunch of values it never did before: btnIcon, btnIcon, gmOnlyNotes, btnIcon, btnIcon, gmOnlyNotes

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Guy Dude wrote:I don't understand what I'm doing wrong for these PC tokens.

I'm using the latest version of the framework. I drag an image from the library to the map, hit F4, then F5 to import his summary, but when I click save it asks me to input a bunch of values it never did before: btnIcon, btnIcon, gmOnlyNotes, btnIcon, btnIcon, gmOnlyNotes

These appear to be recent additions to the framework that probably haven't been dealt with yet on the PC import.

-- AidyBaby --

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Ah, frak. Yeah, I forgot the importer. I don't import much, so I didn't even think to check.

Okay.

So, here's the deal:

1) Brannus has the quicksheet deactivated (it's an option in Character Editing) - it will only work if you run the quicksheet macro. I wanted to make sure everything worked with and without the sheet refreshing.

2) The bit where sheets fail to show (after editing and after importing) seems to be related to the "run from sheet" option getting disabled by something unexpectedly. I'll have to track it down.

3) The slowdown in sheet display is due entirely to the condition section. I will see if it's possible to speed it up, but if not...then that's the cost of the condition section on the quick sheet.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

OK, thanks for the update.

-- AidyBaby --

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Okay, I tried to fix all the issues. Try again.

Aw darnit. Found another error with importing. I think I'm done adding anything to this - if it doesn't have it, I'm not putting it in. So frustrating!* :D

So, to fix the error I just found, replace the macro "Format PC Power Card - Option 2", located on Lib:RegExParser, with the attached macro. This makes it so powers will update on the quick sheet when you import them (you may have to select the token to get the sheet to refresh, but it will work).

formatPCPower.mtmacro
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

(not you guys...the framework. I'm a terrible tester)

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

Is that just for people updating earlier versions manually?

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Fantastic. Done some testing and all seems well - although I haven't tested the PC summary import.

Monster importing from CB works a treat now although there is one issue: the powers won't show on the quick sheet unless you add another power. Not a big problem in use (you simply create a blank power and then delete it) but would be better fixed if possible.

One other request please. Any chance of a chat message indicating when ongoing damage is taken?

In your full version you gave me a tip to auto select the next token when it gains initiative as:

ADD:
[h:selectTokens(startingToken)]

BEFORE:
[h:nextInitLink = macroLinkText("[email protected]:States4e", "all", "", "")]

IN:
Next Initiative macro

Could you point me in a similar direction for this framework? Or alternatively provide it as a choosable option (pretty please)?

Really looking forward to moving over my campaign from your full version to this now.

-- AidyBaby --

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Sorry - but found another minor issue.

When adjusting AC/Fort/Ref/Will there is an option to change all defences (very useful imo). If this option is used, it multiplies the adjustment by 4 and adds it to that one defence whilst leaving the others unchanged.

-- AidyBaby --

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”