[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: [4E] An Attempt to Return the Framework to its Classic F

Post by Rumble »

Okay, posted the final revision (pass 19) of the framework in the first post of the thread.

That's it, folks. Thanks!

It's now pass 20, but it remains the last rev.
Last edited by Rumble on Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

It seems the attacks are fixed and the colors are being imported as white - awesome thanks. I'll start playing around with this fully.
Minor error: Healing is still in black text.

Are you done completely now? No future error fixing? If so that's ok.

Could you please explain how to add conditions? What library objects would I edit to add more?

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I should know better than to ever say "final" or "last" with regards to these things. Oh well, it'll make rev 20 the last one. Nice round number. :D

I did forget to update the button colors on the class features (marks, quarries). There aren't any healing powers, though, specifically, are there (like, built in)? Or are you talking about the other framework?

As for adding conditions, there are a couple places to make changes:

1. Campaign Properties needs a new state (or states) for the conditions.

2. The token Lib:4e needs to be edited - you'll see the properties for the various state types; that's where you'd add your new one. If it's a mark or class feature, it needs to have its information updated in that JSON. That needs to be done by hand; there's no editor macro for that.

That should do it. I don't remember if there's anywhere else to edit, but you'll know when it breaks.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Rumble wrote:I did forget to update the button colors on the class features (marks, quarries). There aren't any healing powers, though, specifically, are there (like, built in)? Or are you talking about the other framework?
I'm talking about the green button "Healing" on each player/monster token.

Awesome I'll look into adding conditions later. Everything I've tested so far works great. I edited the campaign window buttons (reorganized everything) and saved. But when I loaded it later everything was back to normal... maybe I saved incorrectly or something though... In the future when you do your final final version I plan on reorganizing that for easier viewing.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Kryx wrote:
Rumble wrote:I did forget to update the button colors on the class features (marks, quarries). There aren't any healing powers, though, specifically, are there (like, built in)? Or are you talking about the other framework?
I'm talking about the green button "Healing" on each player/monster token.
Heh. :oops:

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Okay, updated. As a final bonus, when you hit "Edit Mode", a new button called "edit character" appears. When you turn off Edit Mode, the button goes away.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

I can't seem to get the sneak attack macro to do anything.

I used the "Class Feature (F10)" utility to add a sneak attack button to a token, but when I use the button it doesn't seem to do anything. Not even announcing the outcome of the 2d6 roll in chat.

Have I done something stupid?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

No, I did. This part of the macro

Code: Select all

[h,if(EditMode),CODE:
should read

Code: Select all

[r,if(EditMode),CODE:
And the macro that adds the feature (rfw.addMarkStrikerMacros) needs to be updated correspondingly.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Rumble,

Would it be possible to migrate this thread to the DnD subforum? While this is a 4E framework it is specific to DnD. It has always seemed out of place here and would get more attention in the 4E folder.

Thanlis
Giant

Re: [4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Post by Thanlis »

Rumble's awesome. Just wanted to note that I love this framework to pieces and if I ever start doing a lot of 4e Maptool again, it's gonna be using this. Thanks for all your work.
Reed (halfling sorcerer P3) // Collin (human fighter P2) // Cine (eladrin psion H2)
Sirath (deva shaman H1) // Alesk (dragonborn cleric H3) // Kevin (halfling barbarian H1)

mhcsor
Kobold

Post by mhcsor »

Hi! I am new to the forum and new to the Rumble Framework.
I am actually running a campaign with the "fat" version of the framework but it´s a little bit lag cause we play via internet.
So I´ve decided to give a try on your "slim" framework. I am trying to import the PCs into my campaign file to make everything ready for the next session but I am running into some doubts.
For example... how can I create a paladin feat like Divine Mettle?
Is it possible to create a effect like Lay on Hands? I made a version of this power where the target get healed but the healing surge is not affected.
I am basically running into problems when the power is not a attack power. For example heals an ally, apply a condition etc...
Despite that little problems what a great job!
Tks in advance!

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

mhcsor wrote:For example... how can I create a paladin feat like Divine Mettle?
Is it possible to create a effect like Lay on Hands? I made a version of this power where the target get healed but the healing surge is not affected.
For divine mettle I made it an attack power that does no damage. Truthfully there is no way to script it even in V5 of Rumble. The button will simply be there to mark if you've used it or not - you'll have to do the save with a bonus to cha verbally/manually in both versions. You could make it a personal power too.

For lay on hands - Use the custom script builder. I actually for got to do this with my friend's paly. I would do - Regain HP: Target and then in the textbox do 'Surge'. BUUUUT that is using the surge of the ally... hmm It might need to be custom coded. Rumble will need to answer this TBH.

mhcsor
Kobold

Post by mhcsor »

Tks for the reply Kryx! I will give it a try! =)

DarkWiz58
Cave Troll

Question about Defenses

Post by DarkWiz58 »

Hi,
It appears that when equipping armor, the AC defense (and others?) is not adjusted.

Am I missing something in my testing ?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”