[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: An Attempt to Return the Framework to its Classic Form

Post by Rumble »

fuleng6021 wrote:Great Rumble :D
Here is the file. The token i spoke of are at the map called "Token"
I separated them in working ones and not working ones.
Thanks

btw: i forgot to mention.
while setup a token (via F4) the managment macro will not be added to the token.
this error is displayed. maybe this helps:
- java.lang.NullPointerException eror in createMacro("Edit Mode", '[h:EditMode = 1-EditMode][h:setState("EditMode", EditMode)][h,if(EditMode == 0): setMacroProps("Edit Mode", "color=gray;"); setMacroProps("Edit Mode", "color=yellow;")]', json.set("{}", "color", "gray", "minWidth", 150, "group", "******** Management ********", "sortBy", 9).

Okay, thanks! I'll take a look.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Okay, addressing some of these issues:

Tooltips not updating: I tested editing Steel Serpent Strike for Hazkal on the provided campaign, and had no issues - when I switched to edit mode, edited the token, and switched back, the tooltip updated and did not show the string of garbage characters. If you edit the macro by hand, however, tooltips will not be regenerated. Perhaps that was the issue?

Edit Mode button not being added: I'd left out a parenthesis in the statement which caused the error. Please use the attached macro (import it to your campaign window) to add the Edit Mode button on any token that doesn't have it.

Add all to Initiative: Yep, forgot to include InitBonus in the calculation. I will send out an update tonight with that fixed.

Monsters not working after import: apparently, single quotes (apostrophes) are causing a lot more trouble in areas I didn't expect them to, like the flavor, hit, trigger, etc. lines. I knew single quotes in the names of powers were trouble but I didn't expect them to cause issues here. I will have to do some recoding to insulate the framework from single quote errors. In the meantime, check to see if there are single quotes in the monster info before you import (they most commonly come up in phrases like "until the end of the Kobold's next turn." If there are any, remove them. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Powers throwing errors like "invalid condition on attRoll" and whatever, like fuleng is seeing - that appears to be because the power is listed as a personal power, but given a target other than personal during the importing process. I will also address that. In the meantime, for powers that are personal (like, say, Dragonshield Tactics), switch to Edit Mode and make sure both the attack type and the target option say "personal." This is an import error, which will be corrected in the version I send out tonight too (I hope).

I also noticed that if you cancel out of some attacks, you get prompted for the value of "AtWillPowers." This shouldn't happen, so I'll handle that too!
Attachments
addeditmode.mtmacro
(882 Bytes) Downloaded 96 times

crestedpenguin
Kobold

Post by crestedpenguin »

Another minor bug: Nature skill is keying off Intelligence, it should be Wisdom.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Got it. Okay, I can't find an easy way around the issues with single quotes, because they are at their worst when working with HTML frames and dialogs. However, I can simply eliminate them in the text (it makes it an ungrammatical mess, and offends me on a personal level because it means that it's and its, but it also keeps bugs from happening). I may adopt this solution until I can come up with some reasonable method of encoding/decoding that doesn't break my frames and dialogs. Look for version 10 late tonight. I have a game before then, so if any other stuff shakes out I'll try to fix it too.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Version 10 has been added. I'm "solving" the problem with single quotes by stripping them out for the time being; hopefully I'll figure out something a bit more elegant, but it should prevent strange issues in the powers.

I've fixed the initiative bonus thing, and the token initialization error that prevented Edit Mode buttons from being added.

I also added a "check dashboard" for the GM - this lets you select multiple tokens and run a check (ability or skill). Results are reported to the GM only.

As mentioned, I could not reproduce the tooltip error, but I was not clear whether the user experiencing it was editing the power by hand or via Edit Mode. Tooltips are only updated if you use Edit Mode to change a power; otherwise, they will not change.

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

Rumble wrote:Okay, addressing some of these issues:

I also noticed that if you cancel out of some attacks, you get prompted for the value of "AtWillPowers." This shouldn't happen, so I'll handle that too!
Turned out thatV10 still asked for "AtWillPowers" in some Tokens.
All of them got a "," in their name like "Speelock, Kobold Scavenger"
no problems without the comma.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

fuleng6021 wrote:
Rumble wrote:Okay, addressing some of these issues:

Turned out thatV10 still asked for "AtWillPowers" in some Tokens.
All of them got a "," in their name like "Speelock, Kobold Scavenger"
no problems without the comma.

Aw, man, always something I forget to check off the list. I reuploaded V10 with that fixed. Also fixed a display bug where it showed "Stealth" instead of "Thievery" on the skills editing area.

Did you mean that they had commas added into their names, or that there were commas in there already? It should be replacing commas with blank spaces if there are any, but not adding any in!

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

there were commas already n the name

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

sry Rumble if I bother you again.
Today i tried the first time to import a player character, unfortunately i got the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException error processing the form powerTemplate = getLibProperty("EmptyPowerTemplate", "Lib:Power4e").

here is the exact summary from the character builder i tried to import (via F5)

Geraunikus Obur, level 1
Human, Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Predator

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 16 Fort: 12 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
HP: 23 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +5, Heal +9, Nature +10, Arcana +5, Insight +9, Perception +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance -1,
History, Intimidate -1, Religion, Stealth +2, Streetwise -1, Thievery
+2

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Human: Battle Awareness
Level 1: Polearm Momentum

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Pounce
Druid at-will 1: Grasping Tide (Druid)
Druid at-will 1: Savage Rend
Druid at-will 1: Swarming Locusts
Druid encounter 1: Darting Bite
Druid daily 1: Earth Roots

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Hide Armor, Alfsair Spear Spear +1, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger, Traveler's Camouflage

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

You must include the "======" stuff at the top of the character builder summary. Otherwise, it assumes that you're pasting from a PDF, and the formatting is wrong.

danielcollins
Cave Troll

Post by danielcollins »

Yeah i was editing manually, not with the button...cos it wasn't there lol

hopefully that fixes my issue. thnx

kazinsky
Giant

Post by kazinsky »

Hi Rumble! Running some tests with this version as I'm now running a game online that I didn't want to chance the full version with.

First off, great work here as well. I've now had a couple of days to play with it along with a dry run with some folks. They all were very impressed with it (as this is their first introduction to Maptools). Speed was excellent and the control that I have over what I want the FW to do is superb!

I believe the issue with single quotes in flavor text for PC powers is still there. I'm doing up some Dark Sun PC tokens right now manually (*shakes fist at WotC for not planning accordingly on their data imports to CB*) and find that if there's a single quote in the fluff, the fails with a:

Code: Select all

Unknown JSON type "NULL" in function "json.fields".
Otherwise. Brilliant work on the dashboards and the condition parsing! (I was looking all around for how to make those work then decided on forgetting it and making my powers without them. Then, BAM! I didn't know that they automatically were parsed and just appeared. Super cool.)

Edit: Also get this error when putting in a manual entry for a power which includes a single quote in the trigger line.

line 1:93: expecting '"', found '’'

kazinsky
Giant

State Images

Post by kazinsky »

Small requests for next revision

1. Can you adjust all states to be 3x3 instead of 2x2? At 7th level and up, it's too easy to have more than 4 states on a target and obscure the token image?
2. Add a condition listing to the statsheet like the full RFW if there's little impact on speed. Reasoning is that it would speed up application of damage and remembering how much the ongoing damages are if we can see the condition spelled out. Disregard if it impacts speed, though, as this is something that can be handled by hand as well.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

kazinsky wrote:I believe the issue with single quotes in flavor text for PC powers is still there. I'm doing up some Dark Sun PC tokens right now manually (*shakes fist at WotC for not planning accordingly on their data imports to CB*) and find that if there's a single quote in the fluff, the fails with a:

Unknown JSON type "NULL" in function "json.fields".
Otherwise. Brilliant work on the dashboards and the condition parsing! (I was looking all around for how to make those work then decided on forgetting it and making my powers without them. Then, BAM! I didn't know that they automatically were parsed and just appeared. Super cool.)

Edit: Also get this error when putting in a manual entry for a power which includes a single quote in the trigger line.

line 1:93: expecting '"', found '’'
Hm. Thanks for the feedback (and the bug report)! Looks like I forgot to do the search and replace for single quotes on the Flavor line. However, I couldn't reproduce the error with the Trigger line. What were you entering?

crestedpenguin
Kobold

Post by crestedpenguin »

Some things from last night's session using v10:

Perception is keying off Int instead of Wis now.

When you edit a non-weapon power the radio button defaults to "weapon" when it should be implement or N/A, so it's easy to accidentally turn it into a weapon power.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”