Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Hawke »

Rumble - been a good month and a half since I've played but we are resuming. I was in the middle of an adventure, and am not sure I have the latest version of your framework - though an update should be pretty quick. Eager to get back to it :)

Curious if anyone has any suggestions or ran into any issues with recently updating the version of the fw and with using it with the latest version of MT (81?). Thanks in advance!

kinkosslw
Kobold

Post by kinkosslw »

As I'm trying to edit dozens of macros for all my players' powers, it occurs to me that I'm reinventing the wheel. Is there a library somewhere of macros parsed and edited for Rumble's framework (which is, by the way, amazingly awesome)? Or could we make one? I'd be happy to contribute the ones I've already done.

Also, am I right in figuring that most of my cleric's healing powers will have to be applied manually? I'm not seeing any way I can apply "bloodied allies gain regeneration x if they start their turn in Consecrated Ground," or "bloodied allies within close burst 5 can spend a healing surge."

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

kinkosslw wrote:As I'm trying to edit dozens of macros for all my players' powers, it occurs to me that I'm reinventing the wheel. Is there a library somewhere of macros parsed and edited for Rumble's framework (which is, by the way, amazingly awesome)? Or could we make one? I'd be happy to contribute the ones I've already done.
No available library of powers, it starts getting dangerously close (or beyond) the line of that WotC's lawyers might allow. I know it'd be nice and great and we've probably all purchased all the books (or have DDI subscriptions), but no go. You can paste the power cards from the old Character Builder in though with limited results - usually you have to tweak the dailies a bit but some of the easier ones pop right in.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

AidyBaby wrote:Hmmm, this issue seems to be fixed when I use the campaign in 1.3.b82. Maybe something in Maptools got screwed in b81?

Anyway, the Winter's Wrath power (token attached in previous post) now works, albeit without the BurstCenter token it throws a wobble:

Code: Select all

Error executing getTokens: the token name or id "BurstCenter" is unknown.
There must still some reference to this targeting token in the macro somewhere, not a biggie though as I can keep a copy of BurstCenter on the map.

-- AidyBaby --
BurstCenter is still a viable setting in the framework - it can be used to target area bursts (it's one of the configuration options). If you don't want to use it, you should be able to switch it off in the Configure FW campaign macro.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:I've posted version 5.1.0.
I am having trouble with the Update Pack for 5.1.0. Is anyone having issues opening the ZIP file?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Try redownloading - there seemed to be a format error but I think it should be resolved.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:Try redownloading - there seemed to be a format error but I think it should be resolved.
Yes, the ZIP is all good! I'll test the Spellbook soon.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Rumble wrote:BurstCenter is still a viable setting in the framework - it can be used to target area bursts (it's one of the configuration options). If you don't want to use it, you should be able to switch it off in the Configure FW campaign macro.
Ah, OK thanks.
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

Quidam
Kobold

Post by Quidam »

Is there any way to use the import functions with the latest version of Wizards' tools? Perhaps printing to a PDF that's converted to text you could select and paste? I really loved being able to paste in whole monsters and powers with only a few adjustments afterward. I understand why we can't share macros, but it'd sure be great to keep the data entry process streamlined.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Quidam wrote:Is there any way to use the import functions with the latest version of Wizards' tools? Perhaps printing to a PDF that's converted to text you could select and paste? I really loved being able to paste in whole monsters and powers with only a few adjustments afterward. I understand why we can't share macros, but it'd sure be great to keep the data entry process streamlined.
Importing from the compendium still works a treat for me.

--AidyBaby--

Quidam
Kobold

Post by Quidam »

Guess that works for importing monsters, but importing character sheets is no more since the CB was moved onto the web?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Quidam wrote:Guess that works for importing monsters, but importing character sheets is no more since the CB was moved onto the web?
The lack of a text summary feature in the online CB canceled Christmas as far as character import goes. You could probably still import powers via C&P from the Compendium*, but the stats will need to be hand-entered.

* I think. I don't subscribe anymore (stopped last November) so I don't know if they've changed anything in the Compendium that alters the success of power importing.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Power importing still works OK.

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

I want to respond to the character importing problems from the new release of character builder.I have found that if you have the older version you can still import a new character created from the new one into the old,and use the summary from the old one to import stats,however it does change powers and what not due to the lack of updated information.The basic character stats usually are unaffected though with maybe a few minor edits,but it definitely saves on time.The other post here is a question for Rumble's framework.I wanted to know how to import new states so it will work with the macros.I know how to add them in campaign properties,but when the power adds the condition to the token,I cannot remove it because of it being a unknown state.The states that I'm looking to add is different marking states,instead of the combat challenge blue, maybe red,green etc. for other fighter marking classes such as a warden.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”