Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

jarquafelmu
Cave Troll

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by jarquafelmu »

I have been merging Longshot's inventory system into Rumble's framework with great success. I will release it soon along with the other modifications that I am made to Rumble's framework.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Longshot's system seems to just be more of a notes system. It doesn't actually track the effects of items... While there is value in tracking gold and the likes it's not a fleshed out inventory system.

I'd much rather see DN's system or the Slim system implemented.

jarquafelmu
Cave Troll

Post by jarquafelmu »

Can I get links to DN's system and the Slim Framework?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

jarquafelmu wrote:Can I get links to DN's system and the Slim Framework?
Slim made by Rumble - http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15488
DN's Character Sheet Framework - http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15969

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ok I updated to GUI to be more like Slim framework as I thought that was a better layout. Still no inventory, just organizing buttons, adding functionality from slim, etc. If anyone feels there are any other changes they'd like to see please let me know.

Rumble: I'm trying to find the macro for the output of attacks. I would like to see the roll displayed separately. For instance: 22 (18+4) vs Will . Or "Athletics check 17(14+3)." Could you point me in the right direction? Also: How does "Group Initiative" differ from "Add All to Initiative"?
Attachments
rfw-dnd-v511_Kryx.cmpgn
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 30 times

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Kryx Wrote:
Rumble: I'm trying to find the macro for the output of attacks. I would like to see the roll displayed separately. For instance: 22 (18+4) vs Will . Or "Athletics check 17(14+3)." Could you point me in the right direction? Also: How does "Group Initiative" differ from "Add All to Initiative"?
For the rolls, I think your refering to something like this:
SampleOfRolls.JPG
SampleOfRolls.JPG (28.51 KiB) Viewed 664 times
After an attack, you can hover over either the Attack or Damage total in the chat window and get that as a pop-up.

Group initiative will first ask for a group modifier (to be added to all the upcoming initiative rolls), then add all selected tokens to initiative using the same initiative number (Something you may want when adding a group of minions, soldiers, etc.)
Add all will first ask for a group modifier (to be added to all the upcoming initiative rolls), then will use separate initiative roll for each selected token (such as you might ask from players on the first round of initiative).

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

jarquafelmu wrote:
I have been merging Longshot's inventory system into Rumble's framework with great success. I will release it soon along with the other modifications that I am made to Rumble's framework
I noticed this comment and while it's great to see someone putting my information to good use, I only adapted PyroMancer2k's inventory system for use in Rumble's framework used in RP Tool's Maptool. I don't want to take credit directly or indirectly for someone else's hard work.

What I figured I'd try next, by the way, is a bit of real coding: I'm seeing if I can do Armor/Shield equiping. I don't know MapTool coding yet, nor java, so this isn't going to happen quickly. I am mostly figuring out the way Rumble coded this framework, then I'll try to work on tweaking it.

So, .. uh, wish me luck.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ah. Thanks Longshot. I didn't notice that detailed view.

imo for armor/other gear it would be much easier to merge DN's char sheet or Slim's armor system. I haven't look at Slim too much yet.

Based on Rumble no longer developing the safer bet is DN's char sheet as it will continually be updated. It would save many many hours to reuse someone's code(as long as it's good code). I'll definitely be looking into this if I get ambitious.

The more I look at it though the more I realize how irrelevant the armor system is though. AC is added directly. Skills you just have to add a modifier for check penalty to about 5 skills. For the rest of your gear either you modify something directly (like attack or a def) or add a unique power. imo it's something easy to live without.

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

Hey guys,
I first want to say that Rumble's framework is awesome and I use it everyday with no trouble, now since the new patch and bug fixes that Jarquefalmu and I have made.I believe he is getting ready to release the modified version with descriptions of what was done.Credits to Rumble for the framework but there were bugs that were fixed, I can't remember all of them but one was the F4 import would duplicate macros,and now it doesn't,another was the enhancement for items was not registering and now it does in the detail of dice roll.I noticed that Longshot I believe is working on a armor,equipment addon and that would be great.However it definitely gets integrated as you will see,so I wish you the best of luck.I have created daily powers for each magical item or benefit in a different location on the character sheet to over come this.I would like to ask all macro writers for help to see if this is possible,for I'm fairly new to macros.[Is it possible to create a macro that when all the players are selected,to run a formation macro with the teleport pad possibly,but just use 6 set coordinates?]Its not a huge issue,but after looking at everything with the framework and the addons,and covering all the functions of 4e I couldn't think of anything else that could make this better.:) I would also be interested in anyone who has any ideas or would like to talk about 4e,rumble's framework,or just future addons,possibly compare and share to make everyone's experience even better.I have a lot of images and maps to share and would love some new ideas.Thanks to everyone for there hard work and dedication and lets pray that Lloth doesn't get her way to the surface lol :twisted:

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

@Kyuss: I made some UI updates if your friend wants to incorporate those. Combined the ability/skill check as you see in slim framework, rearranged buttons, resized, fixed the extra adding of improvised attack and second wind, etc. It's 2 posts up. I'd like to see the simpler UI used the future.
For the formation macro are you asking to move the tokens into a set formation for battle? It would most certainly be very complicated. To be universal to every group it would have to have multiple formations and multiple position roles, etc. It would be much easier for teams to do this manually as there would be little customization otherwise.

As I said above if anyone works on armor/equip I'd suggest incorporating DN's system as it would save you a lot of work and would be updated regularly.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

I'm having issues with Troublesome Aid of Caiphon
It reads: "In addition to the normal number of hit points you regain, you regain a number of hit points equal to your healing surge value. However, until the end of the encounter, you die after failing your second, rather than third, death saving throw."

I cannot get it to add healing equal to a healing surge for the life of me. Any help? I couldn't find it in this thread, but the search function is very limited.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Bump. Still cannot get a power that isn't a leader power to heal. Trying to use a personal heal power.

Also "Recharge Powers (Force Recharge)" under management is not working. Not as big of an issue, but would be nice to figure out why.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

I looked into what it would take to incorporate DN's system. It uses a completely different (though amazingly elegant) approach. DN's storage of armor stats is accessed through an index number, which I haven't learned how to manipulate yet. And he (she?) uses completely different variable names in its calculations.

Unless Rumble and/or DN correct me on this, I think I would have to learn both their frameworks before I could merge them.

Right now, seems less work to just learn Rumble's and augment it bit by bit. But that's just me.

So far, I have worked out how the inventory format's its item object, and can build separate equip slots in the token. My first concern, though, is slowing down the framework. Does a fatter token help, or hurt? I figure the less reading and writing it does, the better. But I am not sure how to keep all the work in the variables, and I wonder how much RAM that approach eats up.

Anyone know what type changes would slow it down more?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

There is a concern of slowing it down. Looking briefly at V5(this framework)'s armor system it seems to have a lot of macros. Whereas Rumble's Slim framework seemingly has much less for the same functionality PLUS other slots. I would look into that.

I made a slight UI change in V5 UI that I'm modifying. Removed "Adjust HP directly". I think I did more as well, but it wasn't a major change.
Attachments
rfw-dnd-v511_Kryx-0.0.2.cmpgn
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 27 times

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Kryx wrote:Bump. Still cannot get a power that isn't a leader power to heal. Trying to use a personal heal power.

Also "Recharge Powers (Force Recharge)" under management is not working. Not as big of an issue, but would be nice to figure out why.

I can't reproduce this with the default campaign - I can create both attack powers and personal powers that apply healing as expected. Steps to check for a personal power:

1) Make sure you're putting it in the Effect area, under Ally Healing. Hit and Miss will do nothing, since these powers can't hit or miss.

2) Make sure you've added it as ally healing.

3) You can use the variable "SurgeValue" in the bonus healing, if you want (e.g., for a power like Caiphon, you can set it to "HP", and in the amount field put "10+SurgeValue", and set the range to 0).

For an attack power, the healing effect can be in Hit, Miss, or Effect as appropriate.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”