Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Hawke »

We had one guy who had a super old computer who had to run it at 4. Once he upgraded, we're all back at 2.

Just a few minutes from play... super crazy excited. This is the last boss battle before a chunk of RP and then the entry into "the final castle" the one where the "princess" most definitely is! After 2.5 years of play in this campaign, I'm feeling pretty great.

Thanks for making the last part of it so great with your frameworks, Rumble. Definitely has allowed us to cruise through the crunchy stuff with more speed to focus on the action and the story and less on the numbers and management.

Ghiolekk
Giant

Post by Ghiolekk »

Hawke wrote:We had one guy who had a super old computer who had to run it at 4. Once he upgraded, we're all back at 2.

Just a few minutes from play... super crazy excited. This is the last boss battle before a chunk of RP and then the entry into "the final castle" the one where the "princess" most definitely is! After 2.5 years of play in this campaign, I'm feeling pretty great.

Thanks for making the last part of it so great with your frameworks, Rumble. Definitely has allowed us to cruise through the crunchy stuff with more speed to focus on the action and the story and less on the numbers and management.
2,5 years campaign ?!?!? Omg you have a very dedicated group of players. :)
2,5 years to save a queen ?!!?! Omg you have a very sissy group of players :P
Gzz Hawke have a nice time and and a new breeze of creativity for your new home breed campaign.
And send bits and bits of that in an email or even post it here, might inspire and give birth to new ideas.
I am waiting just 2 more sessions for my PCs to reach paragon before I will post my home breed campaign (H1-H2-H3).

Ghiolekk
Giant

Post by Ghiolekk »

Hawke wrote:We had one guy who had a super old computer who had to run it at 4. Once he upgraded, we're all back at 2.

2,5 years campaign ?!?!? Omg you have a very dedicated group of players. :)
2,5 years to save a queen ?!!?! Omg you have a very sissy group of players :P
Gzz Hawke have a nice time and and a new breeze of creativity for your new home breed campaign.
And send bits and bits of that in an email or even post it here, might inspire and give birth to new ideas.
I am waiting just 2 more sessions for my PCs to reach paragon before I will post my home breed campaign (H1-H2-H3).

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Hawke wrote:I am waiting just 2 more sessions for my PCs to reach paragon before I will post my home breed campaign (H1-H2-H3).
We are going through H3 right now, I am a player for that one. I have built and will DM E1 in the coming months. I have a bit of testing to do on my E1 campaign tokens to check for workarounds I implemented to get around a couple FW bugs that were later fixed; but if anyone wants my campaign file, or tokens, feel free to PM me.

(sorry to take this thread off topic).
Rumble Rocks!
There back on topic.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Ghiolekk wrote:2,5 years campaign ?!?!? Omg you have a very dedicated group of players. :)
Heh, our 3/3.5ed adventure path (Ashardalon series) lasted 8.5 years!!

-- AidyBaby --
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

boman316
Kobold

Rune priest support

Post by boman316 »

Is it just an oversight, that there is no rune keyword or features to support it? The needing to make 2 macros for most powers does get a bit repedative, but also trying to manage the all the rune buffs etc. Just seems like something that could be implimented.

Rumble
Deity

Re: Rune priest support

Post by Rumble »

boman316 wrote:Is it just an oversight, that there is no rune keyword or features to support it? The needing to make 2 macros for most powers does get a bit repedative, but also trying to manage the all the rune buffs etc. Just seems like something that could be implimented.
I suppose "oversight" is as good a word as any. I never really gave any thought to the Runepriest.

Tchael
Kobold

Post by Tchael »

Hello,

I am new to RPTools though not to D&D. I am trying to install the your campaign framework for and according to your read me file it says to simply open up the campaign file in Maptools. However no where in the unzipped file or on your download page can I find a file that ends with .cmpgn. Either I am blind as a bat, or something is not right with the zip file, can you help me?

Tchael

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Tchael wrote:Hello,

I am new to RPTools though not to D&D. I am trying to install the your campaign framework for and according to your read me file it says to simply open up the campaign file in Maptools. However no where in the unzipped file or on your download page can I find a file that ends with .cmpgn. Either I am blind as a bat, or something is not right with the zip file, can you help me?

Tchael
The latest version isn't in a .zip file. You can just directly download the .cmpgn file from here.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Venatius wrote:
Tchael wrote:Hello,

Tchael
The latest version isn't in a .zip file. You can just directly download the .cmpgn file from here.
Sometimes, your browser will decide that it knows best what the extension on the file you're downloading - since the .cmpgn file is really just a zip file with the extension changed, your browser might have changed its extension during the save.

You should be able to directly open the .cmpgn or .zip file with MapTool; no need to unzip it.

Tchael
Kobold

Post by Tchael »

Thank you so much for the quick reply. You were correct in the fact that my computer was assuming that the file should end in .zip. When I opened the zip file in Maptools everything worked.

I do have a question. I parsed a monster from Keep of the Shadowfells and I noticed that it was picking up the same weapon damage for both a melee and ranged damaged even though the npc had both a Club and crossbow. It appears to be using the crossbow damage for both melee and ranged. Is there a way to manually edit the monster file as you can do with the player file. If there is I am apparently missing where its located.

Tchael

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Tchael wrote:Thank you so much for the quick reply. You were correct in the fact that my computer was assuming that the file should end in .zip. When I opened the zip file in Maptools everything worked.

I do have a question. I parsed a monster from Keep of the Shadowfells and I noticed that it was picking up the same weapon damage for both a melee and ranged damaged even though the npc had both a Club and crossbow. It appears to be using the crossbow damage for both melee and ranged. Is there a way to manually edit the monster file as you can do with the player file. If there is I am apparently missing where its located.

Tchael
Monster tokens are like player tokens, so you can edit powers by hitting the "Management" button on the token (in the Selection Window, to be precise). If you don't see the Management macro button, then you forgot to put the default macros on - just select the token, and hit F4, and the framework should populate the token with the basic set of macros. Then, you can adjust powers as usual.

Usually if I was making tokens I would drag the token image on to the map, then select the token image and hit F4 to give it the default macros. Then, after that, I do the importing (because I don't think - though now I'm not positive - that importing gives it the default macros. Could be wrong about that).

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

Hey, I'm getting this when I try and add a striker macro to my player's Warlock

Error executing "getProperty": the token name or id "Bronto Thunder" is unknown.

This happens on any token I try it on. Any ideas?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

algnc wrote:Hey, I'm getting this when I try and add a striker macro to my player's Warlock

Error executing "getProperty": the token name or id "Bronto Thunder" is unknown.

Uh....no? Lemme go try it myself and I'll see what happens.

Okay, i can't reproduce it with the basic template campaign. Is there in fact a token named "bronto thunder" (just to get the obvious question out of the way). You can post your campaign here (or just the token) and I can try it. What version of MapTool are you using?

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

Rumble wrote:
algnc wrote:Hey, I'm getting this when I try and add a striker macro to my player's Warlock

Uh....no? Lemme go try it myself and I'll see what happens.

Okay, i can't reproduce it with the basic template campaign. Is there in fact a token named "bronto thunder" (just to get the obvious question out of the way). You can post your campaign here (or just the token) and I can try it. What version of MapTool are you using?
Yes, there is a token.

It works for some tokens but not others, for some reason. The example tokens in the framework work just fine.

Here's my campaign:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wuca702rqgcegjq

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”