Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Rumble »

kyuss11 wrote:Hello,it has been a while since I posted and that's because Rumble's framework works extremely well.I have dungeon mastered the Fallen Mercenaries campaign adventures for almost 10 months.I have made minor improvements and added some very cool useful addons as well.Rumble if you could find the time and help me one thing I've came to want changed.When you have a power and it has a trigger,the description in the chat never shows or explains why the power is being used in the first place.I seem not to be able to locate exactly where or how to show triggers from a power.What token library needs to be altered in order to show the trigger information on the chat result.Thanks :)
I'm not supporting my frameworks for anything except bug fixes, and usually only then for showstoppers. However, I was unaware the trigger was not displaying (I don't use the framework, so I don't know what works until someone mentions it). In order to fix that, you can replace the macro AttackPost, located on the token Lib:4e, with the version attached here. The trigger information will be displayed below the attack information.

As for the close burst thing, that's how it works - it targets the opposite kind of token (e.g., PCs for close burst powers will only target NPC tokens, and vice versa).

Macro Baleeted. See my next post for the actually fixed macro.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:I'm not supporting my frameworks for anything except bug fixes, and usually only then for showstoppers. However, I was unaware the trigger was not displaying (I don't use the framework, so I don't know what works until someone mentions it). In order to fix that, you can replace the macro AttackPost, located on the token Lib:4e, with the version attached here. The trigger information will be displayed below the attack information.
I just tested this out, and the Trigger text is actually displaying the Effect text. Is anyone else having that issue?
TiggerIssue.png
TiggerIssue.png (51.22 KiB) Viewed 1403 times

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

See, this is why I shouldn't be trusted to maintain this darn thing. It was a copypasta error on my part. Use the fixed version below to replace AttackPost.
Attachments
attackPost_trigger_actuallyFixed.mtmacro
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:See, this is why I shouldn't be trusted to maintain this darn thing...
You still Rock!
TiggerIssueFixed.png
TiggerIssueFixed.png (13.69 KiB) Viewed 1397 times

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

The new Attack Post macro seems to be working great,so far no bugs.Thank you Rumble for fixing this request.:)

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

Terios Brighthooves:

Swift Charge (Free action)
As your foe falls, you rush toward your next victim. Trigger: Trigger: Your attack reduces an enemy to 0 hit points Effect: You charge an enemy.I'm not sure if this will link the chat correctly,but this is a perfect working displayed power with the new Attack Post macro.

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

[img][IMG]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2338/triggeri.png[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Sorry about the link,not sure why its not showing the picture,but in the link it does.

RaineAndrews
Kobold

Post by RaineAndrews »

Hello, I'm currently trying out Rumble's framework for my face to face games. My players like to roll the dice, and I like to automate my monsters' attack. The only customization available is a global option to have everyone (including monsters) roll a d20 and have the framework add the necessary bonus. Is there a way to set specific tokens (like the PC tokens) to declare their own attack and damage and I could just type it in. Thanks.

PS. I don't really understand the macro language, but I'm willing to try the footwork if you point me in the right direction :D

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

RaineAndrews wrote:Hello, I'm currently trying out Rumble's framework for my face to face games. My players like to roll the dice, and I like to automate my monsters' attack. The only customization available is a global option to have everyone (including monsters) roll a d20 and have the framework add the necessary bonus. Is there a way to set specific tokens (like the PC tokens) to declare their own attack and damage and I could just type it in. Thanks.

PS. I don't really understand the macro language, but I'm willing to try the footwork if you point me in the right direction :D

At the bottom of the Character Editing screen, you'll see two checkboxes: "Enter d20 rolls manually" and "Enter damage manually." Checking them should apply the results only to that token, rather than globally.

RaineAndrews
Kobold

Post by RaineAndrews »

I'm interested in manually putting in the die roll and any additional bonuses. Relevant macros are below...

Code: Select all

<!--Check for manual input-->
[h,if(!hasProperty("rfw.token.promptForD20") || getProperty("rfw.token.promptForD20") == "" || getProperty("rfw.token.promptForD20") == 0): promptForAtk = "null"; promptForAtk = 1]
[h,if(promptForAtk == "null"): promptForAtk = getLibProperty("rfw.promptForD20")]

[h,if(!hasProperty("rfw.token.promptForDmg") || getProperty("rfw.token.promptForDmg") == "" || getProperty("rfw.token.promptForDmg") == 0): promptForDmgRoll = "null"; promptForDmgRoll = 1]
[h,if(promptForDmgRoll == "null"): promptForDmgRoll = getLibProperty("rfw.promptForDmg")]

<!--Handle Manual entry of rolls-->
[h,if(promptForAtk),CODE:
{
     [h:pfd20 = input("manuald20|0|Enter your d20 roll", ".|<html>(Note: clicking <b>Cancel</b> will cause the framework to use an automatically generated roll)</html>||LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")]
     [h,if(pfd20 != 0): d20roll = manuald20]
}]

<!--Perform the Roll (finally!)-->
[h:attroll=d20roll+totalAttackBonus+caBonus-concPen-invisPen-markPen-rangePen+coverPen+miscAttMods]
[h,if(miscAttMods >= 0): attModSign = "+"; attModSign = ""]
[h,if(coverPen == 0): coverPenSign = "-"; coverPenSign = ""]
Is it possible for the last section to call up manuald20? If it can, it should be as simple as making a check to see if it isn't equal to zero, and then make manuald20 = attroll when it isn't. I'm going to guess it would look something like this:

<!--Perform the Roll (finally!)-->
[h,if(manuald20 != 0, manuald20 = attroll, attroll=d20roll+totalAttackBonus+caBonus-concPen-invisPen-markPen-rangePen+coverPen+miscAttMods)]
[h,if(miscAttMods >= 0): attModSign = "+"; attModSign = ""]
[h,if(coverPen == 0): coverPenSign = "-"; coverPenSign = ""]
When I plug it in though, I get a prompt for d20 roll and then 5 or so prompts for attroll :( I'll tinker on it some more while I wait for a reply

edit: Well I'm stumped, I'll go try this out over at the macro help forums :)

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

@RaineAndrews:

Here are revised macros to sort out your request. You'll need to replace the macros Process Attack and handleHit, both located on Lib:4e, with their corresponding versions attached. That should let you manually enter the full attack rolls and damage rolls, while still providing a means to indicate critical hits.
Attachments
handleHit_manuald20.mtmacro
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
processAttack_manuald20.mtmacro
(4.28 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

RaineAndrews
Kobold

Post by RaineAndrews »

Your work sir, is flawless :)

It doesn't detect a critical unless the box is checked, and it still detects monster criticals correctly! I really appreciate your help, especially since you aren't formally supporting new features and the like.

jakyle
Kobold

Post by jakyle »

Is there a way to setup of Assassins Shroud to where you can stack multiple shrouds like the power intended? so far I can only stack one

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

jakyle wrote:Is there a way to setup of Assassins Shroud to where you can stack multiple shrouds like the power intended? so far I can only stack one
It should allow multiple shrouds to stack - just keep applying them. Anyone care to comment on whether that works?

jakyle
Kobold

Post by jakyle »

ah okay I suppose I did not realize that they stacked, I rechecked the formula on the tool tip and it does indeed stack I am sorry lol. also, I checked on your previous projects and found that you were working on a macro that would dictate how many times your character could move while its your turn. is that possible or will it be possible?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”