[Rumble 5.1.2] System Freezes when Character Editor is open

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

kneverwinterknight
Kobold

[Rumble 5.1.2] System Freezes when Character Editor is open

Post by kneverwinterknight »

Hi Rumble,

I don't know if this is an issue with the FW or my machine, but when I open the Character Editor for a character which is illuminated by the initiative marker, the system freezes up.

Rumble
Deity

Re: [Rumble 5.1.2] System Freezes when Character Editor is o

Post by Rumble »

kneverwinterknight wrote:Hi Rumble,

I don't know if this is an issue with the FW or my machine, but when I open the Character Editor for a character which is illuminated by the initiative marker, the system freezes up.

Is that reproducible every time? I have seen occasional system freezes with the character editor open, but I had never been able to nail it down to a particular set of circumstances. If so, that would be very helpful!

kneverwinterknight
Kobold

Post by kneverwinterknight »

Hi,

It doesn't reproduce every time. I've encountered it 3 times since my original post. If it happens again, I will let you know.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

For what it's worth, I encountered this problem for the first time a fortnight ago, and it occurred 3 times in the same session.

I didn't think to note whether the token I was editing was the one that had initiative...

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I don't know what the initiative link might be (or if there is one), but I know that another user discovered a race condition in MapTool that caused system lockups with frames and dialogs. It's discussed over in Bug Reports, and Azhrei says that the patch to the bug was applied and is in testing.

Feedback on the patch is positive - one tester who was experiencing regular lockups with frame-heavy frameworks isn't seeing that problem anymore. So, if it's that lockup issue, there's nothing that can be done except waiting; it's internal to MapTool, not the framework.

If there's another issue in the framework itself, I still would recommend a wait-and-see approach because it could be clouded by the frame-lockup bug.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”