Token Database for Rumble's Framework v5

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Ghiolekk
Giant

Re: Token Database for Rumble's Framework v5

Post by Ghiolekk »

Excellent additions monster-wise and most of all a big thnx for the updated tokens.
Btw Colmarr I would be happy to have an e-mail with your tokens
email : [email protected]
I would agree with Rumble that we cant post here as it will jeopardize any cease and desist notices from Wizards of the Coast,
since they are trying to go public with their own VTT.
Thus, an external database is a necessity. So far I havent found any good group as the google group I have created about one year ago.
Also Google Groups nowadays do not let you upload files and the new way is GoogleDocs. A website for the token database (one free) would be the best of choices, but I have no idea of how to create and host one.
The thing I have done is I have shared the token folder from Google docs.
You will find the link on the GoogleGroup site in the announcement section.
Plz confirm if you can upload or download the tokens. More than 200 new tokens have been added.
If it is working, I will also update the old database with Kryx's updated tokens.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ya I only updated the tokens - didn't check anything. I'd be willing to wager that lots did not copy 100 perfectly.

I have a many undead additions that work 100%. I will update my set on page 1 soon. Though after that I may decide to go with Rumble's Slim framework and merge everything over to that.

I see nothing in the announcements

Ghiolekk
Giant

Post by Ghiolekk »

Kryx wrote:

I see nothing in the announcements
Ya here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en# ... hDYne2gRmI

and the direct link is
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_UsQv ... ey=CLPugG8
though u need to be a member in the GoogleGroup

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ya a google group would work great.

I would suggest we restart the naming convention. I, as a DM, would expect to find monsters by their name - the current convention is wonky imo. Either we have everything in 1 big folder or separate it out into monster types like Undead or Fey, etc.

You also NEEEEED to have 'Tokens Rumble' as a folder. Hundreds of monsters spamming my google docs is not an option. I need to be able to minimize it. You might do this with a collection.

I updated my tokens on my site - Just the new zip folder. Also requires the 1 macro addon(see first post).

Ghiolekk
Giant

Post by Ghiolekk »

Kryx wrote: I would suggest we restart the naming convention. I, as a DM, would expect to find monsters by their name - the current convention is wonky imo. Either we have everything in 1 big folder or separate it out into monster types like Undead or Fey, etc.
I find more convenient to have the whole list of them as a DM in an excel file and browse there via name, via level, via elite via w/e more options any1 wants.
Having folders with races/species/categories works good in the consensus of a pdf file that everything is nicely categorised.
I have attached here my excel file that includes every creation.
:( Actually .xls extension is not allowed so check in the google docs for the actual excel file (Mobs.xls).
Kryx wrote: I updated my tokens on my site.
You do have a site, or are u referring to the post thread?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Excel file is a good idea. If it is done that way to allow sorting, etc then I'd suggest we simply list the monster's name as written, not modified. IE: "Skulk Zombie" not "Zombie Skulk".

As far as updated tokens - I'm referring to the first post in this thread. I've updated the 'new' zip file. I have it hosted on my site, but would switch to this google docs model.

Any way of making the google docs a folder or collection?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Any update? It kinda seems to be a collection - did I import it wrong?

Ghiolekk
Giant

Post by Ghiolekk »

Kryx wrote:Any update? It kinda seems to be a collection - did I import it wrong?
Hmm, not sure why is this happening. To me it sorted in Collections in a folder called Tokens Rumble.
With an alternate account I was able to download it as a zip folder.
Do you have a problem in uploading tokens or downloading them?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ghiolekk wrote:
Kryx wrote:Do you have a problem in uploading tokens or downloading them?
I have a problem with having hundreds of tokens in my google docs. It seems that have the tag for rumble tokens, but are not officially part of a collection. How do I add the set to my google docs as a collection?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Bump. It looks like it is importing properly now. I see them as a collection.

I will start uploading my set to the google docs folder soon. I may end up going with Rumble Slim though.. I still have to decide - though I'm heavily leaning toward Slim as long as I get it to do most everything.

Here is the link that worked:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https: ... %26hl%3Den

Ghiolekk: Can we change the naming system? I'd like to stay with standard WoTC names and then if you want to sort by type you can. For instance you earlier decided to do monster type then name (IE: Zombie Skulk instead of the provided Skulk Zombie). I'd propose we change back to what is provided - Skulk zombie. And then in the Excel doc you could add a column for monster type (IE: Undead and other sub classes like zombie, etc)
For instance it would read: Skulk Zombie | 3 | Undead | Zombie | Standard | Skirmisher

Also can you upload that doc as a spreadsheet? In it's current form it's not editable.

Ghiolekk
Giant

Post by Ghiolekk »

Sorry for my late response but my time was very limited the past month.
First things first.
I have discovered that tokens from the old version (rfw 5.1.3) are easily adapted into the slim one. I have not tested the opposite though. (To all of out there that are using the Slim FW , PLZ attach here a token).
I will try to upload the .xls file as a spreadsheet and upload also a .doc file that is a neat presentation of all monsters along with their correspondent token image.
To change the format of the excel by adding a column of the monster origin (abberation, undead, natural etc.) is not a big deal, yet will take some time as the number approaches to 700.
Go and check again the google docs as more than 120 new tokens have been added, most of them of Paragon and Epic tier.
Since the database reaches 700 tokens and that is about 1/6 of the total number of creatures (4585 as today), I am really happy as it is closing to its scope, to serve as a toolkit for the DM to create encounters in a matter of seconds. Again I have to thank Rumble, Dougenhein - one of the best contributors ( where the h*** are btw ? 8), Cryxx for his tokens and the update on all old pre-5.1.3 and Colmarr for his tweaks in the FW (keep em coming, I really liked the aura one). Keep up the support guys. Once we are done with monsters we will venture into hazards and traps, or ready state encounters, or w/e we want to.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”