The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

StarMan
Dragon

374/375

Post by StarMan »

Happy New Decade, fellow MPBers! True to my word, SL 375 is now available with a passable offline importer for PCs. Once again, please refer to http://macropolicebox.advancedfreeweb.c ... characters for full directions. It is important to note that your PC token will only be as good as the source text from which it is derived regardless of which method is used.

For example, if you use Method 2 on that page then your ranged weapons will be set to 1. This is because the PDFs generated by the app CB do not list ranges for weapons anywhere. SL 376 will be able to use macro versions residing on Lib tokens on the current map. This way you will be able to capitalize on past working versions made using the OCB. Even so, keep in mind there is a limit for how many improvements I can make from this point forward.

SL 374 fixes Move Party to Info needing to take Prefix and Extra parts, Import PC Power needing to support the Illusion spell type, RACK using I variable for its final FOREACH (already defined), Send Macro not checking for used immediate powers properly, dnd4e to Notes prompting for Zero and Import dnd4e Powers not prompting for power text on LCB import.

SL 375 fixes Replace Token continuing after asking about delete, Import dnd4e Powers needing to call Find Macro on Map to list alternatives, Move Party to Info not moving system tokens also, Find Macro on Map needing to be made callable and return token list, PDF to Notes treating all magic items as implements, Import PC Power not using Attack as stop word, Create Effect spilling text on manual run, Add Skill Track not accounting for "concealed" keyword in Reveal NVtP check, PDF to Notes needing to exclude enhancement bonus from name, Import dnd4e Powers needing to stop prompting for weapon text and Restart Round setting round # to 2 when 1 is entered.

Enjoy and all the best to you and your group in 2020!
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

StarMan
Dragon

376/377

Post by StarMan »

I have worked toward refining the new import processes for the latest pair of SLs now available. Find Macro on Map will now be called for all imported powers regardless of type. All the Lib tokens on the current map will be searched for a macro with the exact same name. A list will then appear for you to choose from. Pick a version you know is sound or select Skip if you want a fresh import. This search can take a while if there are a lot of Libs on your map. I have a campaign file with hundreds as they have accumulated over the years.

SL 376 fixes Import dnd4e Powers not properly detecting weapon records, Setup Player Token not detecting OCB legal status properly, RACK not calling Replace Token for spells, Shift needing to give option for Choose Macro, Rename This Token needing to call Replace Token if present version found, PDF to Notes adding weapon already present, Import Magic Item not changing "Blasting" to foil stop word truncation, Run Power only showing Remove Effect on Save when effects registered, NPC Powers to Notes needing to set "( )" as a record break and Adjust HP needlessly executing attack trigger.

SL 377 fixes Attack Power not sending Defenders with Execute Trigger calls (this completely derailed the Pack Attack feature in our last session), Choose Targets not ensuring Token variable set, Begin Encounter not setting monsters visible, Skill Check displaying extra quotes from an IF, Import dnd4e Powers not writing just chosen powers to notes tab, Attacks needed as stop word, FlavorText derivation code needing to be consolidated and handle "not found" case, Banner needlessly checking for power lock, Activate Halo needing to exclude MPB run, Import Monster Power needing to assert on cancellation and Run Expended needing to detect damage-causing macros more accurately. Enjoy!

P.S.: I got my DDI refund notice today. {Sigh} End of an era!

StarMan
Dragon

378/379

Post by StarMan »

The new iteration now available boasts the new Import js Content macro under the FL menu. For those of you that wisely downloaded the Compendium using the directions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNDze9Ok5fE , you may now import the content of its dataXX.js files (under the power folder) to one of your player tokens! Yes it will ruin that token by installing 100's (yes, 100's!!!) of macros on it for later retrieval by Find Macro on Map.

As such, you are well advised to backup said token before starting the process or use one you don't care about as henceforth it will only be used as an import source. The most important thing to remember is how memory-intensive this process is. Don't even think of starting MT with any less than 3Gb max memory if you want to try this! Also keep in mind the process may take hours depending on your architecture.

SL 378 fixes Import Flavor Section not separating records properly, Import PC Power not handling missing flavour text properly, PDF to Notes encoding implements as weapons, Send Macro not always notifying gm of sent macro and dest token, dnd4e to Notes not searching for SurgePerDay if not initially found and Import dnd4e Powers displaying prompt for power text if toggle is off.

SL 379 addresses Finish Import needing to prompt for weapon if none detected, RACK overwriting Token value with varsFromStrProp ending in Prompt=, Import PC Power still not properly deriving flavour text, Import dnd4e Powers needing to use A prop as default if Notes tab empty, Sanitize Name needing to increase truncation limit to 75 chars, Status not displaying monsters' dynamic (in Weapons property) triggers, Move Party to Info not properly handling non/interactive situations correctly, Find Macro on Map not finding melee, ranged and ABOS variations of macros, Trigger Definitions not reading monsters' dynamic (in Weapons property) triggers and Attack Power sending ReactionAttack triggers to attackers. This last one is really hard to reproduce so I'm not sure if it's fixed. Just remove that trigger and run manually if it acts weird. Enjoy!

P.S.: RIP Neil Elwood Peart, 1952-2020 :cry:

StarMan
Dragon

380/381

Post by StarMan »

Well this decade of SLs is off to a rocky start! The more astute among you have noticed my site has been down for almost a week. This is no thanks to my hosting company who gave me zero notice for the disruption. OK, they said so here but I had to go looking for that! As I have said in the past, the lack of courtesy e-mail may be because I'm not a paid subscriber. They have otherwise provided good service so I have recreated at http://starman.advancedfreeweb.ga (sig updated below) given I was able to download the MySQL database and files from the old CPanel.

SL 380 fixes Trigger Definitions needing to work on just trigger name in Weapons (not whole def), Run Power concatenating two save options in Health menu, Augment needing to cast macro.args as number, Banner needs to use Flying state for Altitude macros, Refresh States needing to use MaxHP (rather than defences) determine NULL usage, Import PC Power needing to restore o and a replacements in Name and Rename This Token not properly setting Replace Token call's argument.

SL 381 clears up Import js Content need to handle multiple record types, Begin Encounter need to setVisible for NPCs only, Move Party to Info need to not search for dest tokens if list supplied as parm, Replace Token need to broadcast non-deletion as opposed to asserting, Register Effect disallowance of RV immunities, RACK/Clear Token crashing when id is not numeric, Strip Bad Terms allowing non-numeric properties (like Class), Convert Rumble States crashing when Mod includes non-numeric properties and Find Macro on Map not testing for version without class name. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

382/383

Post by StarMan »

The newest pair of SLs has focused on extending the framework's ability to use the data afforded by the Legacy Character Builder program. You will find a new macro under the PC FL menu called Import part Content. You may paste the contents of any .part file into the text field that pops up. A checklist will appear showing all feast, class features, tier path and racial trait it finds. I should be able to get powers and magic items working soon too. I did look at the part file containing races but don't know how that relates to the creation of macros, per se. I finally got around to seeing TROS and was thinking it may be cool to play a wookie! Yes, you can use home-brew .parts as well!

382 fixes Import PC Power running Find Macro on Map if MaxHP=0, Replace Token prompting when there are no local macros, onTokenMove prompting for rider shift on Medium and smaller-sized mounts, Choose Lib Token needing to give list without prompting based on macro.args, Find Macro on Map still not finding some macro versions, Get Caster Props spilling text, MK Checks not finding monsters for Lib derivations, Edit Properties spilling text for Set Striker Feature and Reset MPB Props needing only setName if incorrect.

383 fixes Get Caster Props needing to exclude properties that begin with 2 capitals, Get Import Text prompting for default variables, Aura Attack prompting for Auraname (this is a weird one because I haven't changed the code AFAIK), Register Effect not registering RV states claiming immunity not allowed, Start My Turn needing to run Refresh States rather than List, Activate Halo not working when run by Validate Token Ownerships, Find Macro on Map not displaying Skip default choice, Choose Macro giving "getMacroProps(): first argument must be a number." for MPB, MK Checks prompting for Targets if no tokens found and Check Dummy refactor needed from System Token Check.

StarMan
Dragon

384/385

Post by StarMan »

This pair of SLs implements a couple of fairly major changes which I have been meaning to do for years. First, I have modified the Choose From List to support the new UseAll option for CheckMode. That means more checklist-type dialogs will have "All" pre-checked as its first option. Yes, macros such as Create Duplicates have been doing this for years but now they don't have to do the extra work on their own. Choose From List will now handle this chore thereby making checklist dialogs MUCH easier to use. The second is the new Check Dummy facility which has been deployed in several places to make sure the Dummy token is still named as such. If not, you will get a helpful error message rather than an arcane MT one.

SL 384 fixes Find Macro on Map still prompting when toggle is unchecked, Get Import Text need to reset the A prop, Import part Content need to support powers, Speak still sending default message of Hello upon OK of reception dialog, Escape needing to offer skill choice rather than automatically choosing via Highest and Polymorph should not prompt for delete of source if encounter in progress.

SL 385 handles Override Damage Type need to use Sustain as default rather than Toggle, Import dnd4e Powers interpreting js Armor entries as weapons, Get Titles including "no" and should stop at "/", Import js Content need to handle amor type, Register Effect needs to make PCs invisible for that state, Choose From List need to assume CheckMode=1 if UseAll==1, Replace Token still prompting when token is only one on map, Attack Power need to take over handling of BasicAttack trigger, Disengage need to zero ReachBonus, Strip Bad Terms excluding properties containing die expressions and Move to Token should not dismount riders. In last night's session, one of my players said that shouldn't happen if the rider is FM'ed. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

386/387

Post by StarMan »

The big fix (among others) for SL 386 is Import dnd4e Powers not including class features which is something I thought had been taken care of. Other adjustments were in response to Write Macros from Backup needing to prompt for go-ahead, Run Power not properly interpreting import readiness, End Effects' need to run Refresh States at end, Strip Bad Terms needing to include MH,OH,KF and HS properties, Find Macro on Map needing to use radio mode, Construct Rumble States need to only include the first Mod term when prompting off, Import js Content need to support feats and associated powers, Register Effect need to set Observing state for OA Immunity effect and Import Description needing to assert if Notes tab is empty.

SL 387 fixes Parse Monster Stats not calling Replace Token, Import dnd4e Powers not processing race and class macros, Import js Content needs to support class descriptions and associated powers, Import Magic Item need to use RadioMode in CFL call, Import PC Power need to display output of Find Macro on Map, End My Turn giving switchToken error when nobody left in panel, Run Power giving macroProps error if duplicate menus found and Undo Last Turn s Effects displaying choices in drop-down mode

Please hold off on creating monsters until 388 is out tomorrow or early next week. I fixed a lot of issues this morning which were caused by recent code improvements.

StarMan
Dragon

388/389

Post by StarMan »

As alluded in the end of the last post, this new pair of SLs has been dedicated to getting the monster importer back into fighting shape. Because of an apostrophe mismatch in the RACK, aura problems and a host of other issues, monsters made with the 38x series of SLs were in a sorry state. I did a few test imports last night and things are looking much better.

SL 388 fixes Banner sometimes registering "Start My Turn" Stance effect in its own name, Replace Token still prompting for token being built, NPC Powers to Notes not capturing Traits text, Import PC Power not recognizing double attack situations, Construct Rumble States not getting aura damage when prompting is off, Format to PC Power not detecting CA striker feature, Mass Ownership should not prompt for name if "New" not chosen and Attack not prompting for charge even if not token's turn.

SL 389 fixes Aura Attack targeting same token (needs to prompt for target state), RACK needing to insert line for auras redirecting null target to Dummy, Move Party to Next Map needs to make source map not visible, Run Power prompting for Token on PCs displaying Exploits frame, Send Macro needing to include Heal semaphore, Parse Monster Stats needing to exclude MHName=Immunities for swarms, Mark setting Quarry and Curse to Duration=End, Move to Token needing to grant immunity to swarms, onTokenMove failing with bad error if Dummy not present and Check Dummy not displaying SPL part of message. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

390/391

Post by StarMan »

The SL 39x series is off to a good start with the big 400 likely due next month! 390 fixes Register Effect allowing incubation registrations on those immune to disease, End Encounter not using Check Dummy, Import dnd4e Powers needlessly adding dagger, Validate Token Ownerships needing to use UseAll, Edit Power needing to address Consumable possibility when setting Copies=1 and Handout to Chat not referencing Dummy. A new Make Save facility (refactored from Remove Effect on Save) was needed as a common reference for all macros that call Rumble Eval for this purpose.

SL 391 capitalizes on using the Make Save macro with the 392 beta completing the reconstruction of this area in the framework. It fixes Remove Effect not ending remote GRP effects, Move to Token not displaying trigger output, Initiative prompting for roll when GenOtherMod already set (also needs to be non-context in Tactical group); Create Effect not setting Mod for Ongoing effects, Construct Rumble States sometimes not detecting surge loss, Configure Targeting treating single ally powers as Range>0 allies and Edit Power needing to take over handling of trigger detection from Import PC Power. This last one resolved a stack overflow when set to 4M. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

392/393

Post by StarMan »

This new pair of SLs showcases a major overhaul with the saving throw-handling part of the MPB. Basically, all macros wanting to make a save will now call Remove Effect on Save behind the scenes. The result is a uniform manner in which saves are conducted. Under the old system, this was done inconsistently. For example, death saves would not run triggers and do their own Rumble Eval call ... which was inefficient. Remove Effect on Save may still give some errors but that will be addressed in SL 394.

The other major change was the abolition of the long-winded way in which the importer's Get Field macro was called. Instead of long parameter names, abbreviated ones (i.e. "FN" instead of "FieldName") are being used. Again, this is transparent to users as imports will still go through as before from your perspective.

Other than these two things, only minor tweaks were done this time round. One thing we did notice last night was the need to run Reset on the Dummy otherwise you may have problems ending turns. This too will be fixed in 394. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

394/395

Post by StarMan »

The new pair of SLs handles the very last (hopefully) fixing of the issues spawned by the swing throw and Get Field overhauls. There were also some tweaks to the special tokens (especially the Dummy) which could potentially gum up the works.

SL 394 fixes Send Macro not giving individual token broadcasts, Start My Turn needing to register Init state earlier (Aura Attack was not finding targets) and Disengage not reporting stats.

SL 395 fixes Replace Token needing to assert after delete op, Validate Token Ownerships NPC handling can be rolled into first FOREACH, dnd4e to Notes needing to prompt for extra language after Replace Token call, Banner needing to accept RunTriggers parm and Adjust HP giving TempHP choice if requested amount is less than the prop. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

SL 400!!!!

Post by StarMan »

... And we're back, fellow MPBers!!! Yes, DoS attacks suck but did nothing to slow down the pace of development seeing as how we now find ourselves at a centenary milestone. Of course, I am talking about SL 400 which is now available. A special shout-out goes to new user Drakkanis whom I had the pleasure of chatting with on Discord yesterday. Hats off to him for trying SL 399 at which time he found a bug in the MT 1.5.14 release! Moving a token made the program crash when calling the onTokenMove macro. I imagine deleting that macro from the MPB would solve this but we agreed it made more sense to go down to the .10 release which my group is having no trouble with. If any MT admins are watching this thread then you may wanna test that out in .14 if you haven't already. Thanks again, Drakkanis!

I won't go over individual fixes since the last time I posted as that would be long and boring. The first major change is the complete removal of all macro backup measures to guard against the disappearance bug that has plagued token creation since time immemorial. This MT bug seems to have been finally fixed so saving macro metadata to the Z property and then reconstituting them is no longer necessary. Rebuilding a macro will still generate a "{name}Backup" copy on your Lib token which you should delete if not needed.

The other major change is the fixing of the variable prompts when attempting End My Turn and similar operations requiring checking of effects on multiple tokens. If the effect name is still registered in the ConditionNotes but no actual invisible property containing the attributes is there then you will get plagued with variable prompts. These come from the Attached Effects and Refresh States housekeeping macros which are used by MANY MPB functions. This doesn't happen often but it did during our last session two days ago. It was irritating enough that we ended the session so I could analyze the problem. This is a very rare occurrence but will likely never happen again.

Enjoy as we begin the 100 SL journey to big #500!

Xun
Cave Troll

Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Post by Xun »

Hi there,
for the next part of my campaign, I thought I'd update ressources, so I blindly updated to both newest versions, MT and MPB. As I had some issues, I checked release notes and saw that you are currently active with SL403 on MT 1.5.10.
Any plans for having it compatible for 1.5.14 soon? Otherwise I will go back to 1.5.10 now.
FYI, the issue I have is whenever I move a token.
Error running onTokenMove on Lib:MacroPolicebox : com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Expected name at line 1 column 59 path $.range.distancePerCell error executing expression ids=json.intersection(Visible, getTokenNames(J, replace(cond, "}", ", "+if(SM || Select==X, "", if(Select==X+"ies", if(PC, "", "n"), if(PC, "n", ""))+"pc:1")+" }"))).

StarMan
Dragon

Re: SL 400!!!!

Post by StarMan »

Good to hear from you, Xun! Yes that was the error that this guy got:
StarMan wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:36 pm
A special shout-out goes to new user Drakkanis whom I had the pleasure of chatting with on Discord yesterday. Hats off to him for trying SL 399 at which time he found a bug in the MT 1.5.14 release! Moving a token made the program crash when calling the onTokenMove macro. I imagine deleting that macro from the MPB would solve this but we agreed it made more sense to go down to the .10 release which my group is having no trouble with.
If you really want to stick with the new version you can try deleting onTokenMove from the MPB as prescribed. I don't recommend this because it removes all the movement tracking like disallowing it when Immobilized. This is why my group is staying at .10 as we don't know what other problems .14 has. IOW, this is an MT bug so it's up to RPTools to fix it and not me.

Xun
Cave Troll

Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Post by Xun »

Thanks for the quick response.
I will go back to .10 then for the time being. I guess, I do not need anything 'special' from .14 at this point in time...

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”