The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

StarMan
Dragon

326/327

Post by StarMan »

SL 327 is now out fixing a bunch of minor issues as did its predecessor 326. The importer was thinking the whole text of Racial powers was its title, Validate Token Ownerships needs to reset Resist for NPCs if necessary, Get Import Text was improperly fixing the lack of right paren on some recharge specs, Format to PC Power could crash if recharge value has non-alphanumeric chars, Import Monster Power was asking about powers and traits when run manually, "The" needed to be reinstated as a stop word and Refresh States was setting Speed=0 when flying. This last one for 326 was especially annoying for my flying monk!

327 fixed macros needlessly passing LibToken to Create Quick Button, NPC Powers to Notes mishandling the "#A " pattern, Mass PC Ignore not using Exclude Target, Refresh State crashing with "Invalid number of parameters 1, expected at least 2 parameters" and Show Effect not displaying attached effects. Those last two are key and will solve a lot of headaches. My group frequently wonders where an effect came from because it isn't registered on the affected token. Now that its Registrar can be identified, the effect can be removed from the caster.

Improvements include a splash of colour in menus (as random states are now used for category-less powers), Shift now supports multiple steps until you Cancel and Tally Map NPC XP now skips over XP=0 tokens. Enjoy!
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

StarMan
Dragon

328/329

Post by StarMan »

SL 328 was released last week and fixes Parse Monster Stats appending Elite Class prop with "#XP", other #-related oddities for monster imports, Add to Notes broadcasting based on connected players rather than Round, Shift giving the Random option rather than doing so through default instead, the End My Turn quick button missing after an import crash, Register Effect not capitalizing Name every time, Damage setting default DamageTypes to size list (bonehead mistake on my part but highly doubtful this would have affected your game), Run Power still showing Bull Rush when Speed=0, Create Effect not limiting Prone Link drop-down and the RACK not properly inserting double quotes around MACRO calls' right bracket. That last one is arguably a major bug which I hope nobody got stymied by.

For SL 329, Add or Remove Trigger needed to backup its metadata in ReachBonus on lib token, Run Power needed to show Act Now in CF/N menu regardless of immediate use (I could have sworn getting back into Initiative was an immediate action!), Begin Encounter was wiping out trigger refs for tokens with auras, Get Import Text needed to consolidate lines starting with "+", Opportunity Attack was allowing use while Blinded, onTokenMove needed to handle mount lockstep operations, Parse Monster Stats was leaving # chars in languages search, NPC Powers to Notes needed to address Requirement and Trigger keywords in MM3 and Choose Basic Attack was prompting for B variable.

Over the years, I have noticed it's rare that anybody answers Yes when asked to make a guy save vs falling from a Prone effect. This is now an option in Global Toggles which is off by default. It replaces the ABOS power error checking option which wasn't being used. Now Prone effects will be administered just like any other with no special prompting. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

330/331

Post by StarMan »

The SL 330s are off to a largely passive start with only a few fixes to speak of. onTokenMove now allows you to shift a square on your mount after moving (so you don't necessarily need to remain in its upper left), the power editor's Sustain field is now back where it should be, NPC Powers to Notes cleans up a couple of MM3 errors and Distance now ends a little more efficiently.

For 331, dnd4e to Notes no longer writes the less verbose version of each Class Feature, Finish Import adds a Spellbook trigger instead of Extended Rest prompting and (most importantly) Construct Rumble States is once again recognizing bonuses and penalties. :P Extensive code cleanups comprise the majority of both releases. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

332/333

Post by StarMan »

SL 332 is now out and fixes the issue of the RACK needlessly prompting for trigger creation when the box is already checked, Polymorph not continuing if Cancel done during source selection, Choose Lib Token not giving both sides of fight if called from MPB, Find Skill Lead not showing average score as well as highest, Edit Power not giving 6 as possible recharge value, Run Power giving Invalid parameters error for ABOS powers, Shift not working correctly for Visitation move, Move to Token overwriting X value with "ABOS", the ABOS prompting for speed limit violations, Edit Properties failing wth "No options" error for some functions, Attack Power overwriting M value leading to Splash issues, Run Splash prompting for "For" value, NPC Powers to Notes still not removing "#Hit:" occurrences and Grab spilling text.

For SL 333, I ripped out all the Secondary Attack detection code from various macros and re-wrote a simpler scheme which is working great in the testing I've done so far. MM1 monsters are already fixed in the 334 Beta for the cases I've tried thus far. Other fixes include the Speed=100 problem when flying (very tricky so don't think we've seen the last of this one), Attack Power asserting for Close/Weapon powers saying choice is not correct, End My Turn not properly setting Token to next in init order, Grab not letting Dazed tokens initiate Grab, Skill Check not showing DC overcomes for NPCs and Register Effect leaking debug text. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

334/335

Post by StarMan »

For this pair of SSLs, I made major changes to the Secondary Attack-handling code of the importer. Truth be known, I ripped almost all of it out and rewrote it! The old way just wasn't working properly (or at all) and a fresh approach was needed. I think you will find the new way of doing things to be much smoother with better support for splash (i.e. "centered on ..." powers). On a side note, my brother pointed out the whole Dazed and Grab combo situation wasn't being handled accurately so that's been fixed too.

Aside from that, SL 334 fixes issues like Escape not running Shift right, Correct Colon Power needing to classify as "no" rather than standard, Recharge/Import PC Power needing to change Special option (unclear) to Prompt. On the improvement side, the Chain Skill Check facility was needed to poll the party.

In SL 335, Import dnd4e Powers was found to be too restrictive when recognizing weapon record, Move to Token was not checking MPB's Diplomacy when prompting for falling save, Add Skill Track was making whole DC text bold and NPC Powers to Notes had a few minor formatting issues. Shift was improved with the addition of Up and Down options. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

336/337

Post by StarMan »

The latest pair of SLs fixes some important issues which have caused a small bump or two in our recent sessions. SL 336 fixes the RACK not configuring for visitation attacks, Register Effect setting the caster of an Insubstantial effect to 50% opacity (should be your ally but this is just a visual inconsistency), Begin Encounter only gathering rolled tokens within LOS, Short Rest clearing ALL light sources (last session I got some yelps of surprise when the whole map went black!), Skill Check not turning off monster knowledge checking during combat, Attack Power not running triggers earlier or checking for SF Used properly, SPL Display giving corrupted output if heading value starts with "+", Rumble Eval gives corrupted output if any key contains apostrophes and Find Skill Lead not using Radio Mode for initial choice.

For 338, corrections include dnd4e to Notes going with higher XP value between existing and incoming (during level up), RACK no longer giving "Attack=Attack" pattern in BannerProps (derails Attack Power), Import Description not bolding FotA pattern, Import PC Power setting "Item" in Keywords with extra power text after it, Surge now runs Execute Trigger before healing RE, Convert to MM1 now inserts "1/round" after action if found and Run Power no longer runs Start My Turn again if run from quick button.

The usual internal tweaks and adjustments round out the release. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

338/339/Goodbye 1.5.1

Post by StarMan »

Hey MPBers, it's not only time to close the book on the SL 330s but also MT 1.5.1 as well. With the release of v1.5.5 and a bad crash of 1.5.1 during my group's last session, we decided to upgrade. Unfortunately the new version crashes on my iMac as well as another user's Ubuntu install. Rebooting resolved for him but not me so I made a post asking for a fix. In the interim we are using v1.5.4 which will be the minimum required for SL 340 when it is released. SL 339 is the last release usable with v1.5.1 or lower. 1.5.4 is looking good so far except for a change in the way one of the functions is implemented (more on that in the next post).

The main thing about this pair of releases is that it perfects a new feature. The Import PC Power and Convert to Spell macros now work together to put an aura macro on your spell tokens! If you watch the Burning Tomb part of the dragon training video you will see me manually create this power. This process is now automatic! Just cancel the effects that don't apply and you're in business!

338 fixes NPC Powers to Notes leaving a "#" in front of the Sustain heading, RACK now codes Place Spell with its new "moves with" feature, onTokenMove now only calls Shift if your mount size is larger than you, Remove Effect needs to set UserData="" for spell tokens and Setup Player Token has stopped asking for regen arrest with "untyped" checked.

339 addresses the following issues: dnd4e to Notes fails with String cast error, Setup Player Token needed clearer completion messages and was enabling sight on Lib tokens, End My Turn was not firing turn-ending Aura Attack, Chain PC Macro was prompting for State and Macro, Remove Effect was clearing non-Rumble and non-Burst aura light sources and the Door incorrectly had sight set.

Once again, please move up to MT v1.5.4 or later if you have not already done so and happy gaming to you!

StarMan
Dragon

340/341

Post by StarMan »

So far so good with MT 1.5.4! Some extra time and inspiration has led to the speedy start of the latest SL decade. 340 fixes NPC Powers to Notes not formatting MM1 powers properly ("#" beginning each line causing completely garbled imports), Banner needs to be more stringent with respect to Use{Group} triggers, Act Now needlessly editing PC list in MPB's Class prop, Status was using A property as variable and dnd4e to Notes was overwriting the PP property. A Surge Bonus template facility needed and Trigger Definitions needed a corresponding GiveSurge event to administer it.

SL 341 came out yesterday and fixes Activate Halo needlessly broadcasting its status while Initiative did need to broadcast progress messages to gm. Add Skill Track was inserting blank tracks, Import Monster Power was not detecting the Co feature well enough, Aid Another was giving checklist of skills (should be RadioMode), Quick Start Encounter needed to remove all NULL states after Initiative step, Edit Properties was prompting for Props and Open/Shut Side was leaving corners open after opening a side. There is a new Lib Handout facility which will be added as a ReactionZeroHP trigger during import. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

342/343

Post by StarMan »

Last night was the maiden voyage of MT 1.5.4 for our group and things went quite smoothly indeed. There were a few very minor glitches which have already been fixed. As for SL 342, the following has been addressed: Write Macros from Backup was not restoring the Recharge metadata, Lib:MacroPolicebox should not have Sight set, Remove Effect was not removing linked effects, Surge needed to continue after always available Abort option, Banner was still not properly observing Use{frequency} triggers, Mass Ownership needed to include owners on current map as choices too and Grab macros needed clearer result messages.

SL 343 has fixed Parse Monster Stats leaking debug text, RACK should not be coding varsFromStrProps for non-Lib tokens, Sanitize Name asserting before final name is derived, Choose Targets needed to give message for FoW interference, Register Effect needs to change "Bonus Healing" Property to OpposableCheck and Altitude needed to allow the ABOS above ceiling. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

344/345

Post by StarMan »

The breakneck pace of development continues. This latest pair of SLs represents a major overhaul of the NPC import systems where I have noticed annoying details being missed. This effort will continue for SL 346 at least but for now let's see how these issues (among others) have been addressed.

344 fixes the following: Choose Macro showing HTML at power selection step for picture buttons, Choose Targets outputting FoW warning too often (should be part of main message), Register Effect needs to force Property="HealingBonus" for "Bonus Healing" effect, Execute Trigger not running TOKEN-based macros, Import PC Power needs to remove Hit and Miss text from spell text, RACK needs to only run varsFromStrProps when i<3, Run Power prompts for turn start if Short Rest is set as trigger, Edit Properties needs to broadcast skill tracks to gm only during encounter and Attack Power was not disallowing CA striker bonus when it should. That last one was allowing strikers to wreak havoc with non-class attacks!

SL 345 deals with the following: Format to PC Power needs to capitalize Name, Trait to MM1 needs to skip initial short stop words, Locked Chest needs to be reinstated (must have deleted by accident), Import dnd4e Powers needs to append "Feature" to "Class" macro names, Finish Import needs to use established Dummy backup FOREACH for LeaderHealing (was killing Aura settings), NPC Powers to Notes not handling Aura detection properly and Add Skill Track was not bolding headings properly.

As always, watch out for # in the midst of your monster power definitions and remove them. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

346/347

Post by StarMan »

A new pair of SLs has hit the streets heralding new heights of import smoothness! The biggest fix is the perplexing tendency of the importer to stick Choose Basic Attack lines in strange places. It looks some digging and was found that these calls cropped up whenever the word "make" was detected in the source text. That's fine but it also needed to find the word "attack" after that to make the insertion valid.

346 fixes Configure Targeting not appending ";" to its return value, Import PC Power not properly keywording some spell token powers, Import Description needing to replace "):" with colon, Import dnd4e Powers needlessly setting A prop of ABOS and Spend Action Point needed to register a Taking Action effect for Turn (see below).

347 now no longer prompts you for turn ending after you spend an action point as per Taking Action effect above (one of my players rightly commented that he found this annoying). It also fixes Finish Import not creating marking quick buttons for strikers, Import dnd4e Powers omitting "Feature" keyword for class macros (as did Setup Player Token), Chain PC Macro sending Hit to next token if no macro name passed, Register Effect using "R" variable for 2 separate purposes (this was a DUMB mistake by me which I hope didn't trip anyone up), Bull Rush-ABOS spilling text, Lib Handout needed to be in Common Free/No menu and Run Expended prompting for damage on non-attack powers. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

348/349

Post by StarMan »

It's always extra special to close out a 50 SL arc which in this case marks the halfway point of the 300s. This pair of SLs was supposed to fix some lingering problems with the PC half of the importer but that will be coming in SL 350 soon. Most of my players want to create new tokens for our present party after getting brutally spanked in Tomb of Horrors last session. The latest pair of SLs does a passable job in this regard but again there is a little more work to be done before I'm happy with it.

348 addresses Import PC Power needing to clear garbage in Keywords for Import Magic Item, Import on the trap needed to enforce pasting into Notes tab first, Register Effect needed to include Surprised and Unconscious as grab breaker checks, Run Power still prompting for turn start when Extended Rest trigger set, Run Expended prompting for "button", Summon NPC Lib Tokens asserting if searched for tokens not found, Choose From List created duplicate list if power name matches existing token, Surge failing with assert when sent by Send Macro and End My Turn needing to remove trigger suppression from next token.

349 takes care of Construct Rumble States prompting for DE, Write Macro not putting state images on QB labels, Import Magic Item crashing when calling Import PC Power, Trigger Debug not displaying macro.args SPL, Execute Trigger not finding TOKEN macros, onTokenMove needing to run Move trigger events, Setup Player Token not setting vision for MM3 monsters, Run Power running Start My Turn twice from quick button and Add Skill Track needing to remove "O" from beginning of FotA lists. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

350/351

Post by StarMan »

The 35x series of SLs is finally off to a roaring start with 350 and 351 hitting the electronic shelves! Highlights from 350 include Get Encounter and Daily Lists broadcasting (and not asserting) duplicate error, Import PC Power properly removing non-Effect fields for spell token source, Get Import Text not failing if second attempt made after import crash, Edit Power handling "plussign" string in AttackBonus, Setup Player Token no longer prompts for striker die when prompting off, Search Macro Code now displays macro sizes too, Add Skill Track no longer duplicating existing text in Additive mode, RACK deletes "At-Will" QB from spell tokens (so Burst macro stays local) and Import dnd4e Powers finally writes all class features.

351 solves issues like Search Macro Code spilling text, Edit Current Main Weapon not modifying OHMaxRange for two-handed weapons, Import PC Power blanking Damage field (that's a biggie!), Write Macro not backing up macros, Validate Token Ownerships needlessly including out-of-range NPCs in checklist, RACK improperly coding some macro calls, Finish Import needing to put Activate RV as both trigger types regardless of state, Mark applies to self when used as trigger, Construct Rumble States sometimes mis-detecting Conditional CA effect and Setup Player Token still misses vision detection sometimes.

All in all there were some perplexing bugs fixed this time around. The important thing is the importer is back in good shape as all the major annoyances have been addressed. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

352/353

Post by StarMan »

The latest pair of SLs fixes a very long standing problem of attack powers not importing properly if their skill mod value is found to be zero. That looks to be good now but am still doing testing to see if there are any other circumstances that might cause problems.

352 fixes the problems with Convert to Spell not zeroing Resist, Chain Skill Check failing with bigDecimal error (also needs to display polled scores, Sanitize Name needing to return "InvalidName" instead of asserting, Setup Player Token needing to fix NPC stat blocks from non-standard sources, Create Duplicates giving "0" name if it starts with a cold, Validate Token Ownerships needing to use CheckMode when seeking participants, Search Macro Code garbling macro names with hyphens, Attack Power gives error when Ranged weapon used with MorR power (that's a big one!) and Import Magic Item sometimes thinking a Property power is a Daily.

353 fixes Write Macro not writing new macro if existing found, Run Splash creating a miscasting error for default MorR variable, Setup Player Token needing to find size (not assume Medium) for bad format monsters and Edit Power setting AA to 100 if modifier is tested as 0 value. The major change with this SL is the moving of the aura list (and all referencing macros) to the Dummy token. I got fed up of moving it manually to new MPBs as they were replaced in the middle of encounters. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

354/355

Post by StarMan »

The latest pair of SLs is out where 354 fixes Import on Trap not prompting for EE type, Chain Skill Check not displaying ability list properly, Register Effect not prompting for damage type when requested, Format to PC Power inserting space into "Recharges" in Special field, Mass Surprise giving Remove option if no tokens found with state, Refresh States marking object tokens dead (only MaxHP>0 tokens can die), Start My Turn needs to take over running of Recharge (End My Turn prompted the next token but wasn't following through), Create Effect prompted for Name when defining trigger, Validate Token Ownerships needs to prompt for NPC selection method (don't restrict search if you are using FoW) and End Encounter needing to remove dead state from chosen defeated.

355 addresses Setup Player Token needing to assert for dnd4e Notes pastes, Search Macro Code needing to output number of macros in Banner, Special tokens needing to have MaxHP=0 set, NPC Powers to Notes should not use first word of name as stop word if MM3, Choose Macro allowing graphical buttons to be selected for trigger add, Get Titles including "The" in power names for NPCs and Register Effect needing to use MaxHP==0 as new object test. Enjoy!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”