The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: Azhrei, dorpond, trevor, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

StarMan
Dragon

AssetLoader - I/O error retrieving/saving index for 'http://www.rptools.net/image-indexes/gallery.rpax.gz

Post by StarMan »

Thanks for your inquiry, dbzfandiego! Wow not counting Xun's posts I think it's been years since the last user issue report! The thing is this looks and smells more like a MapTool crash. It reminds me of the old problem where a browser will download a cmpgn file and automatically unzip it thereby making it unusable for MT. That may not be the case here so naturally I have a few questions:
  • What exactly were you doing when this occurred? Opening SL 307? Trying to run a macro? If so, which one?
  • Have past SLs opened/operated correctly? BTW I just uploaded 308 a few hours ago if you want to try that. Do so on a different machine, if possible.
  • I see you are using MT 1.5.2. Did you recently upgrade? Was the MPB working OK under 1.5.1? That is what my group uses and we've had no issues aside from the occasional memory hang.
  • What about other members of your group? Are they all having trouble? What are their answers to the above questions?
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

dbzfandiego
Kobold

Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Post by dbzfandiego »

[What exactly were you doing when this occurred? Opening SL 307? Trying to run a macro? If so, which one?]
I had just opened the campaign file and saw that none of the macros were visible. But after poking around the right click macros still work

[Have past SLs opened/operated correctly? BTW I just uploaded 308 a few hours ago if you want to try that. Do so on a different machine, if possible.]
SL 308 has the same problems SL307 and the same happens on another machine no visible macro buttons in the campaign or global areas but there are macros in the right click menu.

[I see you are using MT 1.5.2. Did you recently upgrade? Was the MPB working OK under 1.5.1? That is what my group uses and we've had no issues aside from the occasional memory hang.]
Past SLs did work in a past MT version but im not sure which one as it has been a few months, sorry.

[What about other members of your group? Are they all having trouble? What are their answers to the above questions?]
There are no others I was familiarizing myself with the framework in preparation for a campaign I'm going to run

StarMan
Dragon

307/308

Post by StarMan »

As foreshadowed above, this is is a double announcement for 307/308. Move Party to Next Map was still not getting off-screen Libs, Register Effect was prompting for Attacker and Defender when Conditions= used, Attack Power was running triggers later than needed, Equip Weapon was not determining two-handed weapon use properly, Setup Player Token needed to call System Token Check and RACK was sometimes including both Banner and Attack Power (which expended the power before the second call).

Bugs fixed by 308 include the import handling of powers beginning with "Power", Validate Token Ownerships not detecting NVtP NPCs, Skill Check not giving DC results for NPCs, Write Macro making zero-size font label for Lib-less player tokens, Register Effect prompting attacker for Fall when should only be proned defender, Begin Encounter not setting ownership of Info token and Run Splash prompting for isNonArea.

The big improvement is the addition of spirit token support! If your shaman has a power where the range is expressed as, say "Melee spirit 1", then you will be prompted for the token in question. That choice will then be saved on your Lib token so you are not asked again. You will then be teleported to your companion at which point the attack will be carried out. This is the same mechanic used for area bursts. Also, Escape now runs Shift after success. Speaking of Shift, in addition to selecting compass directions you can now select the ABOS in case you forgot to take a snapshot. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

dbzfandiego wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:31 pm
... no visible macro buttons in the campaign or global areas
Correct. I don't use those which is why those panes are blank. Click the Window menu and then "Selected" and you should see the macros for Vani and the skeletons. Have you watched the training videos? In those I go step by step with respect to understanding and navigating the tokens.

dbzfandiego
Kobold

Post by dbzfandiego »

StarMan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:31 am
dbzfandiego wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:31 pm
... no visible macro buttons in the campaign or global areas
Correct. I don't use those which is why those panes are blank. Click the Window menu and then "Selected" and you should see the macros for Vani and the skeletons. Have you watched the training videos? In those I go step by step with respect to understanding and navigating the tokens.
Im an idiot this is why you read instructions carefully folks. Thanks for the help.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

If I had a nickel for every time I did something like that I would be a rich man indeed! :oops: Experience is a hard teacher!

The members of my group sulk when I tell them to watch the videos as it's far easier for me to teach them while the game is in progress. Trust me, your sessions will be smoother and more enjoyable if you put in the training time. Having said that, don't hesitate to post again when you have further questions (and you will!).

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 309 fixes a major problem in the importer whereby your Lib token name is given for all the potential records to be imported. It also fixes the problem of Attack Power calling triggers too early to populate Defender variable, Import PC Power not renaming Secondary powers, Setup Player Token leaking text at beginning properly and Place Spell not using the new Targeting Immunity function (old was Attack Immunity). The remaining changes are minor code shortening measures.
dbzfandiego wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:11 am
... this is why you read instructions carefully folks.
As the old saying goes in the IT field, "When all else fails, read the documentation!" :wink:

StarMan
Dragon

310/311

Post by StarMan »

An excess of free time and newly discovered bugs accounts for today's double announcement. A renewed effort to decrease the voluminous size of the MPB's macros reached a fevered pitch over there past few days. SL 310 solves problems where Attack Power trips an assert for spirit powers that are of type "close", Run Power corrupts End turn choice for single action powers, onTokenMove limiting object tokens, Toggle Mount not properly contextualizing the rider when called with an arg and a couple macros spilling code.

The big fix with 311 is that Move Party to Next Map now actually does just that! It will only do so for visible tokens but the SL 312 version will lift that requirement. Testing looks good in the beta so far. Attack Power was blanking passed Targets list if more than one token was specified and Get Import Text was not handling EOL characters if text was pasted into the Notes tab first. This second one is HUGE!!! I have been trying for years to efficiently insert "#"s between powers in monster blocks. Now if you paste into the Notes tab and hit F4 (as opposed to pasting into the little input box), the powers should be perfectly partitioned if said block was from the Compendium. SL 312 should improve things (albeit less dramatically) for you PDF users out there. Stay tuned!

StarMan
Dragon

312/313

Post by StarMan »

We now have another double announcement for 312/313 given the continued push to make macros shorter. These are relatively simply improvements to make hence the tendency to crank out large numbers of them in a short time. Nevertheless, in the midst of these fairly pedestrian and mundane changes comes a shining breakthrough! For many many years now I have been struggling with a macro called Partition Traits. This guy's primary job is to insert "#" characters in front of monster powers during the Import process.

Finding a good algorithm to do this with is very difficult ... but I think I've cracked the code! Partition Traits will be stepping down from this job so an earlier macro named Get Import Text can take over. This macro runs early in the import process to format incoming text. It then pastes said text to the Notes tab where it can be read by later macros. You will now need to paste your monsters into the Notes tab first and then hit F4 in order for this macro to work its magic. You should still check for misplaced #s but that chance has been greatly reduced.

Move Party to Next Map now seems to be running flawlessly, Processing Block now properly codes spirit companion ABOS move situations, the RACK has gone back to inserting Banner for CCBA powers and Toggle Aura will now clear light sources from non-current tokens. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

314/315

Post by StarMan »

The latest pair of SLs is now out containing the obligatory (you guessed it!) assortment of code reduction measures. Other fixes include Run Power omitting Surge and Second Wind options when "No Surge Healing" is active, Finish Import will set Activate RV trigger to Initiative for phasing/insubstantial, Setup Player Token will now assert when running on special tokens and Clear Token will no longer prompt for empty tokens.

A big improvement (which will continue to be looked at for SL 316) is the handling of Eye Ray and similar powers with non-traditional formatting. The keywords for MM3 powers are being appended to the title so I'll try to see how they can be moved to the proper field. Another small convenience is the new Pack Attack feature which you can add as a MeleeAttack trigger macro. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

316/317

Post by StarMan »

This pair of SLs focuses on formatting the text of monster powers more comprehensively. Even PDF diamonds will be changed to "#"s! The result is better population of the power editor's fields thanks to the new Correct Colon Power facility. This is working out so well that Import Monster Power no longer has an option for missing titles!

Improvements include Refresh States being called more judiciously. The use of the ABOS in token movement situations is a little smoother too. Finally the new Exclude Target facility formalizes the effect which gives tokens immunity for targeting until the end of the current macro. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

318/319

Post by StarMan »

This decade of SLs is now at an end as 318 and 319 hits the shelves. My latest session just ended and I can honestly say the MPB is in fighting shape! There were a few small glitches which have already been addressed in the 320 beta (i.e. not worth it to recall 319). The big news is I am very happy with the new monster power partitioning algorithms and will move on to other things although a few tiny adjustments may be necessary here and there.

Operational changes include Surge asserting for attempts to spend while NSH effect is active, Aura Attack prompting before running its macro, Refresh States not being in the Health group, Send Macro not sending Surge while the No Surge Healing effect is active and Toggle Hand Prompt now allows "Unarmed" as one of your equipped weapons. Some very minor bugs were corrected. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

320/321

Post by StarMan »

The 320's are off to a big start with the announcement of a historic MPB milestone: The long-celebrated importer foundation macro Partition Traits has been rendered redundant and {gasp} dropped! The practice of pasting into the Notes tab first is working out so well that it is no longer needed. The macros that used to partake of its services will now need to step up and pick up the slack ... which they are doing rather well. Parse 5e Monster Stats also used Partition Traits and has been dropped as well given it was just for experimental PoC purposes anyway.

End My Turn was leaving the Initiative reticle on some tokens, Remove Effect needed to include remaining tokens in output, Initiative Tokens crashed with isPC error if MPB had a stored order in MiscNotes, Move Party to Next Map spilling text and Second Wind needed to call Execute Trigger first. These bugs have all been fixed in SL 320. Banner now sets randcol=green if maroon or black was chosen, checking macros now show errors, List Intersect will account for list items that begin with a space (this was tripping up the Recharge feature) and Add Skill Track was improperly formatting lines with colons as bolded headings, SL 321 has taken care of these issues.

The big improvement is the new pre-target feature. If you check this box on the power editor then you will be presented with the Configure Targeting dialog. You can then specify targeting criteria to be given to Attack Power. As a result, Attack Power no longer needs to call Choose Targets because the pre-target step has already given it a set of token(s). This is useful for "only target grabbed" and other situations where you need to specify targets before attacking. Grab now sets a Label effect to indicate grabbed token, a Search Macro Code facility has been added to the MPB root group, Random Numbered Power now calls Send Wrapper to confirm choice it's made, Short Rest will stop asking you about Surge when you say no, Shift now accounts for "Cannot_shift_AC" effect and Speak now has a checkbox for self-deafening to ignore responses. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

322/323

Post by StarMan »

Not much to report bug-wise with the latest pair of SLs other than some spilled text, Begin Encounter needed to Disengage and zero state non-participating tokens, Effect Saving Throw was displaying "IncreaseExisting" as effect name, Attack was overwriting the Y variable (and preventing attacking an invisible token), Start My Turn needed to take over running of Aura Attack, the ABOS still had the old Attack Immunity effect on it, Banner needed to run Expend Powers independently for Immediate powers and Surge was asserting when it shouldn't.

Improvements include the new Center macro which is attached to the F2 key. If you ever lose the current action area of a map, just hit F2 and it will centre the Info token on your screen. Shift has a new Random feature and will be called after you run Grab - Move-ABOS. Get Import Text now removes diamond special character from both text sources (leading to better keyword detection in monster powers) and Import Description now handles light source detection more effectively.

Unfortunately there seems to be some lingering consequences from the new partitioning technique I am using. When importing monsters, you will get # characters in the first two properties and the token size won't get reset. This is already fixed in the SL 324 beta but I will look for other problems that may have arisen.

StarMan
Dragon

324/325

Post by StarMan »

The newest pair of SLs fixes the rather serious problem of # characters being left in monster properties thereby partially derailing the import process. From the testing I've done so far things appear to be back to normal but am still keeping a close eye out. I'm pretty sure Skill Check will stop checking all 21 skills as defaults, Add Skill Track will stop leaving "Enter Desc" in DCs, Adjust Settings has stopped asserting during manual CurrHP modification and Create Effect now offers DontSend as selectable Link value.

For SL 325, Import PC Power no longer displays HTML in Splash drop-down for Lib-less tokens, Create Effect now gives the correct Regen Mod, Processing Block has stopped inserting a bogus MACRO call if effect cancelled and CT dialog OKed, Add or Remove Trigger works even if Weapons prop is a JSON, Add Skill Track does not give default DC message for SCMode, Trait to MM1 won't stop skip over "of" and "the" and Edit Power now to gives 1 and 2 as recharge options. Enjoy!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”