4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by PinkRose »

BEAUTIFUL!

Super speedy fix. Thank you all very much.
I am a special snowflake!

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Strangely, the 'revised' version you've followed up with there isn't working for me. Sheets don't show up, and every time I click a token I get:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "LastToken" error executing expression LastToken = json.get(macro.args, "LastToken")).

I posted the first block in the macro titled "Sheet" on Lib:Sheet, in place of the existing code, and the second in a new macro called ShowSheet.

UPDATE: Well, I just did it over again and this time it works. Strange! This is great, though! I was always a little bothered by this, but now it's smooth as butter!

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:UPDATE: Well, I just did it over again and this time it works. Strange! This is great, though! I was always a little bothered by this, but now it's smooth as butter!
I had a typo in there of an extra closing parentheses that i edited out.

HOWEVER, I don't think that is the problem as I'm pretty sure it was lingering around in the copy I was using and even after I fixed it I was getting the same error. Plus Pink Rose and Travist were using the borked version.

I think it might have something to do with how MT loads and parses the macros and a whole lot of technical stuff I barely comprehend. If folks get an error try saving the campaign and then reloading it. That should restart the sheet fresh and fix it.

ryvencedrylle
Cave Troll

Post by ryvencedrylle »

I apologize for posting what I'm sure is a basic question but I can't make heads or tails of this thread. Trying to use TravisT's RegEx Parser to make tokens. (Build 63, Windows 7, 10 stack, 1 G memory for what it's worth.) I'm printing out pdfs from the Monster Builder for import. It parses all the stat information fine, the powers on the Stat Card look decent and it will even pop up a power in the Info Box once I've asked it to 'attempt to create powers' but the powers never show up on the character sheet where they're supposed to. If I Edit the power, it will bring up the DN dialog box and even if I Save it again, it does nothing. Am I missing something crucial here? Thanks in advance.

edit: It shows the last power parsed in the Info window. I can Copy it to the Attacks group and then it shows up. This tells me it's somewhere else temporarily, right? At the moment, I'm working around it by deleting powers one at a time from the statblock and Copying them on a resave but I'm sure there's a better way.
Contributor to the At-Will Blog.

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

ryvencedrylle wrote:... Am I missing something crucial here? Thanks in advance.

edit: It shows the last power parsed in the Info window. I can Copy it to the Attacks group and then it shows up. This tells me it's somewhere else temporarily, right? At the moment, I'm working around it by deleting powers one at a time from the statblock and Copying them on a resave but I'm sure there's a better way.

I always edit the pasted text before I try to parse it. I have the most success when I ensure that the powers start on new lines. I don't know why, but with monsters pasted from LFR modules I find the speed value is hosed after the paste operation and many of the powers are jumbled together (a few crlf's and it parses nicely).

Another helpful thing to do is save the information (without the powers checkbox enabled), then check the powers in the stat sheet. If they look like they got parsed correctly there, then I enable the powers checkbox and parse the values. I still test one or two after the parse just to make sure that an error doesn't occur during playtime.

Hope that helps!

StevenD
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

ryvencedrylle, have you tried right-clicking a monster listing in the builder, doing "Copy as rich text", and pasting it into the parser that way? That usually works just fine for me. Not sure if it'd be better than doing the PDF thing you're doing, but it might be worth a try as an alternate approach? I notice it's more reliable if I check beforehand for any little one-space indents on the lines and delete those. Not doing so sometimes (but not always) leads to powers "bleeding together". Overall I find it works pretty darn reliably this way.

css352
Kobold

Post by css352 »

Ok, I just downloaded the example campaign and loaded it. I could see the character sheet when I first started, but then after I tried moving it and repositioning it so it was in a comfortable position for me, it disappeared and I can't find it again. I have tried reloading the campain several time, deleting the original cmpgn file and downloading it again and, I also used the character sheet launcher. I have also restarted my computer just in case that was the cause, but each time I'm never able to see the character sheet or anything. I am using a windows 7 64 bit os with maptools 1.3b63 and the v4.3 framework with a 1024 max and 64 min and stack size of 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I just don't know what to do now, I'm at my wits end.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

css352 wrote:Any help would be greatly appreciated because I just don't know what to do now, I'm at my wits end.
Sounds like the frame bug got you, or the window is hidden. First, check and see if isn't just hidden as a collapsed tab along the sides, top, or bottom of MT or stuck in another frame as a table.

If that doesn't get it, on the Lib:Updater token there should be a Character Sheet Window Reset macro button. Try that.

css352
Kobold

Post by css352 »

First, check and see if isn't just hidden as a collapsed tab along the sides, top, or bottom of MT or stuck in another frame as a table.
I did this and couldn't find anything. I even went through, checking and unchecking every window that could be shown with no success so I don't think it is hidden.
If that doesn't get it, on the Lib:Updater token there should be a Character Sheet Window Reset macro button. Try that.
I tried that but it still didn't do anything, even after I tried to relaunch the character sheet.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

css352 wrote:I tried that but it still didn't do anything, even after I tried to relaunch the character sheet.
Whoa... Hrm.

Try typing this into chat after loading the campaign [isFrameVisible("Sheet")]

If it comes back with a 1, then the sheet is open SOMEWHERE. If it comes back 0 then it's not loaded and isn't wanting to start for some reason.

css352
Kobold

Post by css352 »

DeviantNull wrote:Try typing this into chat after loading the campaign [isFrameVisible("Sheet")]

If it comes back with a 1, then the sheet is open SOMEWHERE. If it comes back 0 then it's not loaded and isn't wanting to start for some reason.
Ok, I got a 1, so it is visible somewhere but I cannot find it, is there a way to make it appear at a certain location, like designate coordinates for it to be, or do I just have to try to find it somehow?

css352
Kobold

Post by css352 »

Ok, since I knew it was there, I changed the resolution on my computer so that it would have to change and move everything and that caused the sheet to become visible. I then docked it, so I could find it.

Thank you so much for your help and of course it was just a user error apparently, I just don't know where it was hiding though but I've found it. Thank you again.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

css352 wrote:Thank you so much for your help and of course it was just a user error apparently, I just don't know where it was hiding though but I've found it. Thank you again.
Nah, don't mention it. I seem to recall that MT sometimes has issues with frames and monitors and stuff. It happens.

Also, as a new user I'd recommend the code tweak posted a page or so back for speeding it up and WAY back on page 67 is a fix by Lindihairn for the two attack bug. I have a tweaked 4-3c version with just these two fixes but I want to run it through my game today before putting it up lest something else explode in a ball of fire.

LordAelfric
Kobold

Post by LordAelfric »

I figured I'd give people a bit more of an update of my progress. I've managed to complete most of the main page for characters (editing not included) and I still need to get the HP box in full form, but here you go for those who are interested. Also the notes/options sections will need to done as well, but one panel at a time. =)
Attachments
TableExample5.jpg
TableExample5.jpg (94.4 KiB) Viewed 923 times

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

LordAelfric wrote:I figured I'd give people a bit more of an update of my progress. I've managed to complete most of the main page for characters (editing not included) and I still need to get the HP box in full form, but here you go for those who are interested. Also the notes/options sections will need to done as well, but one panel at a time. =)
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! Good job, LordAelfric!
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”