4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Venatius
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by Venatius »

The updates to the Sheet lib worked oddly for me at first too. Let me check the copy I uploaded real fast, see if it works for me. Update incoming shortly.

UPDATE: Works fine on my end. What you're describing sounds exactly like a problem I had implementing this early on, which evaporated without a trace when I tried implementing the changes again. Did you try directly implementing them, or using the downloaded token? I have a feeling my initial issues were simple user error, and it may be the same in your case.

For a slightly more convenient download, I've bundled the tokens together, along with a copy of the example campaign with them integrated. I like to use that as a "jumping off" point for new campaigns so I don't have to fiddle with campaign properties, et al. I tacked a .1 to the "version number", entirely unofficially and without permission or supervision, just to help keep it straight. I figure that if it only results in a 5 MB download, having everything in one place is probably ultimately easier.

Download link here

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Venatius wrote:The updates to the Sheet lib worked oddly for me at first too. Let me check the copy I uploaded real fast, see if it works for me. Update incoming shortly.

UPDATE: Works fine on my end. What you're describing sounds exactly like a problem I had implementing this early on, which evaporated without a trace when I tried implementing the changes again. Did you try directly implementing them, or using the downloaded token? I have a feeling my initial issues were simple user error, and it may be the same in your case.

For a slightly more convenient download, I've bundled the tokens together, along with a copy of the example campaign with them integrated. I like to use that as a "jumping off" point for new campaigns so I don't have to fiddle with campaign properties, et al. I tacked a .1 to the "version number", entirely unofficially and without permission or supervision, just to help keep it straight. I figure that if it only results in a 5 MB download, having everything in one place is probably ultimately easier.

Download link here

I used the Tokens. I had previously copied the speed up code in place with no problem. I'll fiddle with it. Maybe go back and add the code in directly. I downloaded your example anyway though :)
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Weird! The same exact token worked fine for me. I'm afraid I have no idea. If anyone else has trouble implementing it this way, I'll have to put it under a microscope and make sure I didn't screw it up somehow. Was the one you used the older or newer 'version' of the revised code?

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

I'm not sure, I used the ones that were there around 5pm PST.

Alright, I found out what I was doing wrong. My preferences were adding a number to the filename for the token name. I was backspacing to delete the number but not the space between the number and the name. And the space was on the Information sheet.
How dumb was I? No need to answer that one.
Characters:
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

I do have a question... Sometimes, when multiple states are on a token, it is easier to simply clear all states. This has the undesired effect of removing the 'character' state. Naturally, one needs to reenable that state to get the character sheet working.

Is there another way to implement the 'character' state to avoid this problem?
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

jstgtpaid wrote:I do have a question... Sometimes, when multiple states are on a token, it is easier to simply clear all states. This has the undesired effect of removing the 'character' state. Naturally, one needs to reenable that state to get the character sheet working.

Is there another way to implement the 'character' state to avoid this problem?

It shouldn't be removing the character state, that one should specifically be toggled back on after I clear all of them... I wonder why it's doing that. I was aware it would blitz other states that weren't conditions, which was an unintended side effect.

Oh well, it's irrelevant. I'm revamping the condition stuff anyways. The old way was having to run too many for loops (one for each condition) even if the token had no states/conditions. Given that this code sat in the header, this was adding unnecessary overhead to the whole sheet execution. Instead, I'm going to track which conditions a token has on it and only display those (that also match the ones the sheet should show, natch).

This should help speed things up a little bit as well remove the side effect of dropping non-condition states. It also opens the door for me doing "save ends" style stuff and merging it with the Save code so you can make a save versus a specific condition and remove it. On the downside you'll have to use the links in chat or the link from the character sheet to add conditions as doing it via the token won't reflect on the sheet since it won't get stuffed into the tracking property. A small price to pay I say!

ryvencedrylle
Cave Troll

Post by ryvencedrylle »

@venatius I'm using the Rich Text copy and it just doesn't go. No powers get added to the token and only the last one appears in the Info box. It's not that bad really, just confusing.

edit: I just noticed there's a new Group called "." This is where all the powers are going. Now I feel dumb.
Contributor to the At-Will Blog.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I hate to cause problems (no I don't, but I felt like I should say that) but the newest version of the RegEx Parser isn't working with the Monster Builder.
Try the Barlgura. If I take it out of the pdf, Dragon 159, it works fine, but using the Monster Builder, the first power gets shoved into the movement slot, and the other powers get mashed together as one.
Could you look into this, TravisT?
I am a special snowflake!

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:I hate to cause problems (no I don't, but I felt like I should say that) but the newest version of the RegEx Parser isn't working with the Monster Builder.
Try the Barlgura. If I take it out of the pdf, Dragon 159, it works fine, but using the Monster Builder, the first power gets shoved into the movement slot, and the other powers get mashed together as one.
Could you look into this, TravisT?

1. I didn't believe you for a second that you hate to cause problems. :wink:
2. Cause of wonkiness: lack of punctuation with Monster Builder (see below).

1.6.1:
http://webpages.charter.net/thornhill/download/RegExParser1_6_1.rptok
StatsParser:
    Removed code that kills line breaks after lowercase words. The Adventure Tools Monster Builder seems to treat punctuation in attacks differently, so many lines that ended with periods in the PDF version no longer have them.

Example:
PDF="...2d8 + 6 damage if the barlgura is bloodied."
MB="...2d8 + 6 damage if the barlgura is bloodied"

The original idea for the line break replacement after an all-lowercase word was to fix PDF issues with monsters like Orcus where a sentence was broken in the middle and, in the continuation of the sentence on the next line, the word "Orcus" appears first. A line starting with a capitalized word makes the PowersParser think that it's a power. So this code deletion will make us still have to edit a few monsters' text, but should fix the vast, vast majority of the MB monsters.
Trade Magic: the Gathering cards online!
https://pucatrade.com/invite/gift/59942

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

TravisT, thank you so much. And I'm not just saying that.

Two issues I've noticed.
1. The powers are now being made in a group called "." instead of the Powers group.

2. With the speed-up that DN did, you can no longer re-select a token to edit powers and such. You have to select a completely different token, and then select the original one again. Makes it difficult when it's the first token on the map.
I am a special snowflake!

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

I've noticed something wierd when using the RegParser and the latest version of the FW. If you import the monsterstat it seem to work just fine. If you go into the character sheet and edit the monsters HP's, it will reflect the change in the character sheet but the stat sheet retains the old value.
I see in the properties that the HP value is used to derive the Hitpoint value for both NPC and PC.
What I'm seeing is that the macro formaula behind HP is gone from a NPC touched by the parser and remains when it isn't. Any ideas?
Characters:

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

mfrizzell wrote:I've noticed something wierd when using the RegParser and the latest version of the FW. If you import the monsterstat it seem to work just fine. If you go into the character sheet and edit the monsters HP's, it will reflect the change in the character sheet but the stat sheet retains the old value.
I see in the properties that the HP value is used to derive the Hitpoint value for both NPC and PC.
What I'm seeing is that the macro formaula behind HP is gone from a NPC touched by the parser and remains when it isn't. Any ideas?

It took me a while to figure out what you were expecting to see. By "stat sheet" I thought you meant the F2 monster stat card that only shows the pasted PDF information. I'm assuming now that you mean the pop-up stat sheet that comes up from the mouse hovering over a token. I had initially set HP to the monster's value because I never noticed it updating on that sheet anyway when the monster took damage. After going back now and looking at the campaign properties, it looks like that was because the default property is set to:

Code: Select all

{if(isNPC() == 1, HitPoints + if(TempHP >0, "/"+TempHP, ""), "")}

I looked at the default for PC and noticed that it is

{if(isPC() == 1, HitPoints-CurrentDamage + if(TempHP >0, "/"+TempHP, ""), "")}

I'm updating the RegExParser token to have the NPC's HP property set to include the "-CurrentDamage" part and have it set the Damage property to 0. The fix will be in the next version. Thanks for the good eyes!

logopolis
Giant

Post by logopolis »

jstgtpaid wrote:I do have a question... Sometimes, when multiple states are on a token, it is easier to simply clear all states. This has the undesired effect of removing the 'character' state. Naturally, one needs to reenable that state to get the character sheet working.
As a workaround for this, I added a custom "Clear Conditions" campaign macro to my DeviantNull campaign files. The macro removes all conditions other than "Character", "Bloodied", "Dying" and "Dead". Here's the code:

[H, foreach(selected, getSelected("json")), CODE: {
    [H: switchToken(selected)]

[H, foreach(state, getTokenStates("json")), CODE: {
        [H, SWITCH(state):
            case "Character": "";
            case "Bloodied": "";
            case "Dying": "";
            case "Dead": "";
            default: setState(state, 0)]
    }]
}]
RPGA#: 89039826
LFR Resources: Table Rulings
LFR Characters: Kalak (Human Warlock 24) | Tebryn (Sun Elf Marshal 22) | Ammon (Tiefling Swordmage 24) | Garret (Halfling Paladin 18)
ImageZai-fal (Genasi Ranger 11) | Jezebeth (Half-elf Bard 11) | Ozan (Halfling Sentinel 10) | Samara (Revenant Hexblade 1)

MeepoLives
Cave Troll

Post by MeepoLives »

Thanks for creating such a useful framework. I just wanted to make a feature request.

Maybe it is something that is possible now and I just can't figure out how, but one thing that would make setting up several of my PC tokens easier would be if there was a way to account for Dual Implement Spellcaster.

Right now. I enter the value of the damage bonus from the off-hand implement as a User Bonus to the damage of the primary implement, but if for some reason I have to change the secondary implement to a different implement of a different enhancement bonus, I have to manually add or subtract the damage difference.

For example, my wizard start combat with his Cinder Hellfire Wand +3 in his main hand and his Orb of Nimble Cheese +1 in his off-hand. As soon as he is able, he drops the Orb and draws his Wand of Ethereal Stride +3 in his off-hand.

My Cinder Hellfire Wand is set up to add the additional +3 from the Wand of Ethereal Stride, but if for some reason swapping implements isn't feasible I have to manually subtract 2 from my damage rolls for using the orb instead.

A similar issue is faced by my warlock who uses a Rod of Stolen Starlight +2 in her main hand and a Rod of Corruption +1 in her off hand. But when everything is cursed, she switches the off-hand to a Darkspiral Rod +2. Now I have to manually add 1 to all her damage rolls.

So it would be really awesome if I had a way to tell the macros to add the damage from my off hand implement.
Malfuego, Tiefling Mage - Master of Flame - Radiant One (25)
Baerwyn Moonshadow, Half-Elf Bard (Ranger, Seeker) - PMC Ranger - Reincarnate Champion (21)
Jorran Moonshadow, Half-Elf Paladin - Hospitalier (20)
Quevarra Kilrae, Drow Warlock (Rogue) - Nightmare Weaver (19)
Aerin Duskwalker, Wood Elf Druid (Ranger) - Blood Moon Stalker (11)
Aramond Rathmore, Dragonborn Paladin|Sorcerer 10)
Bragan Ludwakazar, Gold Dwarf Cleric|Warlord (2)

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:Two issues I've noticed.
1. The powers are now being made in a group called "." instead of the Powers group.

2. With the speed-up that DN did, you can no longer re-select a token to edit powers and such. You have to select a completely different token, and then select the original one again. Makes it difficult when it's the first token on the map.

I am unable to duplicate this. I've pasted from PDF, Monster Builder, and the Compendium and the powers are all put in the Powers group. I am also able to click immediately on the token and edit powers. If you want to PM me with your campaign file, I'll give it a look to see if it behaves the same way.

I have put in a couple small fixes, however, so I'll go ahead and link to the updated token.

RegExParser 1.6.2 for DN Framework:
http://webpages.charter.net/thornhill/download/RegExParser1_6_2.rptok
StatsParser:
    Sets HP to calculate monster's HP on stat sheet and update on hover.
    Token's Damage property is reset to 0.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”