4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Venatius
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by Venatius »

Wind_Dragon wrote:Glad it worked out for you. I've used the framework and characters right through every build of maptools from build 56 up to 70 without any issue. But maybe I just got lucky.

I know that "Me too!" posts are generally unhelpful, but with bugs and the like, it can be good to know whether an issue is universal or limited to specific cases. So I'd just like to chime in this has more or less been my experience too. Okay, I don't recall so precisely what version I started on, but that's kind of moot. Hopefully switching versions remains a consistent enough fix.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I have been using MT since b29, I think.
And DN FW since it started.
I've not had it not work in a build yet.
I am a special snowflake!

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

We encountered the problem only on version b69. I didn't experience it personally, but two other members of our group were unable to move tokens from one campaign to another. I am not sure what the issue was, but in any case, they report that everything is working in b70.

I love the DN framework and can't wait for the next upgrade.
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Hello DeviantNull.

Can I geta WHAT! WHAT!

Also, can I get an update. That would be groovy too.
Thank you.

kBrad
Kobold

Post by kBrad »

Hey guys,

I'd hate to be Noobs McGee here and answer a question already asked, but I've tried the search function and reading over 1000 posts seems like a good exercise in futility.

I'm trying to DM a campaign using this framework. I've played a few games with it as the player and enjoyed it a lot, so I figured I'd use it from the DM side now. But when I tried loading the Lib Tokens into the map I created, no dice.

(Heh. "dice.")

Can someone instruct me please as to what I'm doing wrong, or direct me at least to where I can learn how to do it right? Many thanks in advance.
"Heh-heh. Someone didn't read the introductory text for new users... 8)"
"Such as mentioned here?"

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

What exactly do you mean no dice? The tokens don't drop, you get errors or they set there and do nothing.

What version of Maptools are you running? Tokens made in newer versions won't drop on older versions of MT.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

sturtus
Kobold

Post by sturtus »

I've been using this framework for nearly a year now, and it has improved our game dramatically. I have a little "DM Screen" map filled with NPC tokens I can drop into any encounter which has made for a much more inventive and freeing experience. Thank you!

Quick observation for Mac users:
Regarding the Statcard Input macro for importing Compendium or Monster Builder text copied from PDFs, I've found that the process only succeeds under these two conditions. The text was copied from Adobe Acrobat Reader (or Acrobat) and NOT Preview AND MapTool's stack size is set to 8MB (above 2MB). I'm running Snow Leopard on an Intel iMac with 4GB RAM. Can anybody replicate this?

With that, a question for DeviantNull or any frequent visitors to this thread. With 117 pages in this beast and search functions coming up with nearly zero answers to this question, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go to the community for an answer. Can the DM prevent players from viewing NPC sheets? I've set ownership to the DM only and the tokens are set as NPCs, but players are able to highlight the tokens and view their stats. How can I prevent this? In a future build?

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

That's a Maptool function not a DN framework deal.
You go into your Properties.
Make an exact copy of the properties and name it Monster or whatever.
Remove the * from the stats you don't want seen.
Make all monsters with the Monster Properties, make all PCs with the Enhanced properties.
Profit!

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll be more precise.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:Also, can I get an update. That would be groovy too.
Thank you.

I am so behind and beat up from RL stuff it's not funny. I've gotten maybe 2-3 hours in the past week or two to work on things. My weekly game has even sort of fallen into limbo. I'm trying though, I've got all the parts to finish things pretty much, I just need to assemble them. Things would go so much faster if debugging was easier.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

sturtus wrote:With that, a question for DeviantNull or any frequent visitors to this thread. With 117 pages in this beast and search functions coming up with nearly zero answers to this question, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go to the community for an answer. Can the DM prevent players from viewing NPC sheets? I've set ownership to the DM only and the tokens are set as NPCs, but players are able to highlight the tokens and view their stats. How can I prevent this? In a future build?

I think Pink Rose was talking about the MT statsheet that you get next to the portrait. If this is what you're talking about, then her suggestions will fix it.

If they can view the frameworks sheet, then I'm aware of it and it's a result of the token selection code change introduced in like b68 or so. There's a patch posted a few pages back. I don't have time atm to dig for it, but if you can't find it or have problems I'll try to check back tonight and see if I can dig it up.

sturtus
Kobold

Post by sturtus »

DN, you are correct. I was referring to the actual interactive character sheet, not the token hover statsheet. I will page-back to find the patch. Maybe a patch block of links on the 1st post/1st page of this thread?

Thanks for your help DN and Rose! Much appreciated.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

DN doesn't have time. He's building new Framework.
Once that's done the patches won't be needed.

Merkuri
Giant

Post by Merkuri »

sturtus wrote:DN, you are correct. I was referring to the actual interactive character sheet, not the token hover statsheet. I will page-back to find the patch. Maybe a patch block of links on the 1st post/1st page of this thread?

Thanks for your help DN and Rose! Much appreciated.

I believe you are looking for this:
viewtopic.php?p=156419#p156419

I just paged back to find it for my own game.
Adventure is not outside; it is within.
--Found in a fortune cookie on game night

MapTool Framework for Sufficiently Advanced

Merkuri
Giant

Post by Merkuri »

Hey, how many pages does a thread like this need before they'll make our own subforum for the framework like the 3e+Pathfinder one I see up there. :)

I think this one definitely deserves a subforum.

Merkuri
Giant

Post by Merkuri »

Hey DeviantNull, you made a few "patches" for the framework here and there in this thread that people are often looking for. Unless the next version of the framework is imminent maybe you could edit the first post to include links to these fixes.

Here are a couple I found useful:

Keep players from seeing sheets of tokens they do not own, and speed up token moves (don't reload sheet on each select): viewtopic.php?p=156419#p156419
Remove extra rolls on two attack powers: viewtopic.php?p=129267#p129267

I don't know if there were others.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”