4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

cqtlc
Kobold

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by cqtlc »

PinkRose wrote:cqtlc,
I don't have the program running right now, but I can give it a shot.

Just use the drop down menu for the second damage, and make it strength.

That should give you a display of just the Strength modifier as damage.
That helps for the damage of cleave ( str mod )
but my weapon damage still not applied.

I added a snap shot of data I used to create cleave and
the club as test weapon.

As you can see, the damage of my fist attack in cleave still 0.
What am I missing ?
Attachments
club-entry.gif
club-entry.gif (21.94 KiB) Viewed 717 times
cleave-output.gif
cleave-output.gif (4.06 KiB) Viewed 717 times
cleave-entry.gif
cleave-entry.gif (20.18 KiB) Viewed 717 times

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Ok, got it. I misunderstood your question.

Let's start at the top of the Weapon input.
Proficiency Base should be 2.
Damage Dice should be 1d6
Check boxes should be Simple, Mace.
And Change# of Attacks to None from the magic item attack part.
Then remove Damage Dice 1d6 from the magic item attack part.

That should set up your club.

Then for Cleave:
Everything looks right except under Damage Dice.
You have to put 1 in that first area. The 1 represents the amount of [W] from an attack.
For level 15 attacks you might put in 3.
What that will do is the damage of the weapon (1d6) 3 times.
Cleave has 1[W] so you want 1.

And then choose STR for the ability Mod.

That should make everything perfect.

Anymore questions, ask away. I'm at work today with not much to do, so happy to help.
I am a special snowflake!

cqtlc
Kobold

Post by cqtlc »

Wow fantastic !
You are AWESOME !

Seriously, amazing skills, amazing framework.

Thanks for your help!

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I'm just an obsessed cheerleader and know enough code to be dangerous.
Please give all credit to DeviantNull regarding this amazing framework.
I am a special snowflake!

Plotinus
Kobold

Post by Plotinus »

Is there any way to make a weapon brutal 2? I'm using an Execution Axe, so it's kinda important.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Absolutely. After the weapon's damage die, just put "r3" - which in Maptool terms is "reroll anything under 3". Since brutal 2 lets you reroll 1s and 2s, you can see how that works. So in your case, you'd just put "1d12r3" as the weapon's damage die in your equipment, and you're all set.

Plotinus
Kobold

Post by Plotinus »

Awesome! Thanks, you've made my gaming time much faster and more productive!

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

You're very welcome! My personal stance is human input should just be on things a person has to make actual decisions about - and dice rerolls aren't such a thing. So it gladdens me that this helps you get on to making more important decisions!

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

DeviantNull, fair warning: your power editing dialog is beautiful, and I intend to take the idea and have my evil way with it. I wasn't able to make one of those a while back due to an "argument too long" error, but I saw how you did it, and I am digging the idea.

Shpena
Cave Troll

Post by Shpena »

It seems the zango has eaten your soul as well! :mrgreen:
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
- Louis-Hector Berlioz

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

I managed to get some RegExParser tweaks done; however, this week is super busy with prepping a presentation for work and prepping an adventure. I'm finally getting to put the token to use!

For those of you newer to the token, make sure to click on the help macro on the token when you drop it into your campaign. I have a few hints that will help keep the parser from picking up power description text as power names.

If anyone has additions to the text replacement (the PDF copy/paste is so flaky, that I can't predict every possibility for broken text) or help frame that you would like to see included, feel free to PM me with the info.

http://webpages.charter.net/thornhill/d ... _5_9.rptok
  • -Made the text relacement a separate macro so that the KnowledgeParser and TacticsParser macros can use it to filter broken PDF text.
    -Changed token's scroll image, using some cool elf monster-summoning runes.
    -EditMonsterFrame: changed placement of Save button and included selected token's image for quick refrence and to use as help link.
    -PowersParser and StatCard: Fixed issue where it was not detecting auras with commas in the name/description.
    -Also fixed power-parsing issue where first power was not being detected because of the line break replacement routine.
    -Changed frame name for stat sheet.
    -TextFilter: Changed the way the filter replaces broken PDF text. You can customize the list of broken word replacements much more easily now in the TextFilter macro. Instructions are in the macro.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Great! Thanks for the revision. I'm not sure if I'll be needing these particular changes, but it's a bit of peace of mind to have 'em in place considering I'm working on some things this very evening. It's already been a big effort-saver!

I notice I'm getting odd "double" speeds still though. Not sure if that was already on the table or whether this was meant to fix that. It appears to take a single speed creature and plug its speed into both base speed and movement, even if it has no special movement modes. It also doesn't seem to pick up on "When first bloodied" as a trigger, which the framework supports as an action type. I think that'd be more appropriately listed as a trigger, but hey, if it's there, may as well make use of it!

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

Venatius wrote:I notice I'm getting odd "double" speeds still though...It appears to take a single speed creature and plug its speed into both base speed and movement, even if it has no special movement modes.
We did discuss this one in an earlier post. There are so many combinations of speed, that I just chose to find the first number and put that in the speed field, which only accepts integers (so we can't do "fly 8" as a speed).

If there is consensus amongst the users, I could rewrite this so that it will only put a speed value in if the first characters are numbers. I can then put everything after the number entry in the next box (blank if nothing). The downside of this is that if there is anything mechanical that would affect the token's speed value, you wouldn't be able to do that if the monster only has a special speed type like fly, burrow, etc.

Or, I can still have it search for the first number and put that in speed, and put everything after a first number in the second box.

Venatius wrote:It also doesn't seem to pick up on "When first bloodied" as a trigger, which the framework supports as an action type. I think that'd be more appropriately listed as a trigger, but hey, if it's there, may as well make use of it!
That's one I can put on the list to parse for. I didn't even know it was an action type, because, as you said, I think of it as a trigger.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Oh! While I have your magnanimous attention, I had two other questions of descending importance (both low).

#1: Why does are creature names printed twice, in both the label and GM label areas? Mightn't it be better to use one by default?

#2: Why can the regexp token see? :shock:

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

Venatius wrote:#1: Why does are creature names printed twice, in both the label and GM label areas? Mightn't it be better to use one by default?
A holdover from James's original parser. I personally always replace the creature name with "undead," or "beast" so that the players don't automatically use their metagame knowledge. In the end, I might just make that the default for my personal version of the token.

I know you said it's a low priority, but I just want to make the point to everyone that none of the code is holy writ and that changes and suggestions are awesome. I started editing the original token to save myself time putting monsters in the fabulous DN framework, and just took the opportunity to finally give back to this community. In the spirit of giving back, the macros are heavily commented so that you can delete out portions you don't want or edit them to taste. For this one you can look in the StatsParser macro for the comments on setting the name to the token. There are two lines of code that write the name and the GM name to the token. Feel free to delete one or move it to a different area where you can use a different text capture, like origin, for a name.

Once I get the coding time again, I'm going to look at capturing trigger text since there seem to be a few patterns in how that info is related.
Venatius wrote:#2: Why can the regexp token see? :shock:
Probably because it was set that way when James made the original PDF parser. Come on now! Why would you blind your monster creator anyway? You might end up with a platypus. :wink:

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”