4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by PinkRose »

It looks like I'm not needed around here any more.

Although I would add, for those brand new, the "advanced" option is the white diamond on the power page.
When you hit that, you get a drop down of all targets you can "see", targets blocked from vision by VBL will not show. Targets not visible to players will not show. For a DM, all tokens will show, I believe in descending order from the distance from the token doing the attacking.

And if you explain what you mean by Macro link, I'll figure out how to hide it.
I am a special snowflake!

cqtlc
Kobold

Post by cqtlc »

Hi PinkRose,

This is the "Macro Link" I was refering to
Attachments
macrolink.jpg
macrolink.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 932 times

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

At the top of MapTool.
Edit -> Preferences.
Click the Accessibility Tab.
Set ToolTip Initial Delay to something higher. I use 1000.
And you can set the ToolTip Dismiss Delay to something smaller if you want. That will make it go away once it does pop up.
Mine is set at 3000.
Click OK.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

RegExParser 1.5.11:
http://webpages.charter.net/thornhill/d ... 5_11.rptok
  • -Stats parser:
    • -Now pulls in resistance, vulnerability, and immunity information that contains semicolons as delimiters. --Thanks to PinkRose for the catch on this one!
    -TextFilter:
    • -Replaces brackets ("[" & "]") with "--", since they were breaking the stat sheet when displayed in the resistance info.
      -Gets rid of line breaks after commas (important for multiple power keywords).
    -PowersParser:
    • -Detects "wall" as close area type since it is a choice in the drop-down, although I haven't tested it on a monster with that yet. Has anyone seen a monster with a wall power? I don't know if I also need to do this for ranged or what else...
      -Fixed issue with non-usable power names showing the </powername> XML in name.
      -Now parses for power keywords (Yes!) and sets keywords to display for that power.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Nice work. It now parses those ; for vulnerabilities, but they don't show up right on the pop-up mini window.
They are &#59

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:Nice work. It now parses those ; for vulnerabilities, but they don't show up right on the pop-up mini window.
They are &#59
That's the HTML code for a semicolon. Try opening up the TextFilter macro for editing and replace the line starting with

Code: Select all

[h: TextPairs=...
with

Code: Select all

[h: TextPairs=stringToList("Refl ex,Reflex,fl y,fly,fl ying,flying,fl ight,flight,fi re,fire,refl ex,reflex,diffi cult,difficult,fl ame,flame,diff erent,different,eff ect,effect,\\[,--,\\],--,&#59,;",",")]
Then try setting up the monster again and see if you get the same issue. I'll put this in the next version.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Of course that fixed it.
I knew it was a html, and I knew we could change something in the text filter, but I couldn't get it to work.
Thanks again.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

RegExParser Token 1.5.12:
http://webpages.charter.net/thornhill/d ... 5_12.rptok
Edit: link fixed
  • PowersParser:
    • -Close and area attacks now sets for multiple targets by default.
      -If no damage is listed in power, "No Damage" checkbox is now selected.
      -Aura descriptions are now placed in the power's notes area.
      -All powers' descriptions are placed in the power short description area.
      -Finds "targets," grabs everything from there up to the attack bonus and puts it in the Targets field.
      -Parses for reach on melee attacks. Uses the reach number to select the "Melee: number" range in the power. If you want more reach than "Melee: 2," you must add entries to the PowerRangeType macro on Lib:Info.
    TextFilter:
    • -Replaces HTML semicolons with real ones.
Last edited by travist627 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

I almost resent you for making these useful additions after I set up my next several sessions' worth of adventuring! (Well, okay, ALMOST almost. Almost almost almost.)

But you might wanna fix that download link. It's got a stray P at the end. Kinda like when you decide not to go before a car trip because you don't need to and...... g'night everybody.

Oh, in addition to Pinkrose's clarification on 'advanced' input, selecting powers from the power dialog or power frame macros also takes you to that input window.
Last edited by Venatius on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

1. You need to change that link. There is an extra "p" on the end that is causing it not to work.
For anyone that downloads it before travist fixes it, just click it, then delete the "p" on the end.

2. Can someone remake the layout of the npc character sheet to look like the new formatted monster stat blocks, becasue I think those are grand. I didn't know the old ones needed an update until I saw them.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx ... /2010March

gdavidson79
Kobold

Post by gdavidson79 »

I am having trouble setting up a linked power. I read through the first few pages where DN introduced the concept of linked powers to account for powers like Acid Arrow (which is the power I'm attempting to build).

So I have the initial power that handles a single target, and a I created a second power that Acid Arrow links to called AA Secondary. AA Secondary is a multi-attack macro obviously for any adjacent targets to the primary target of Acid Arrow.

The problem is when I use the advanced launcher, no matter what input I give the How many attacks? input box, there are always three attacks listed (see image). Even if I input 0, it gives me that many potential targets. What am I doing wrong here?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdavidson7 ... ateposted/

cqtlc
Kobold

Post by cqtlc »

Thanks pinkrose for the hint about the tooltips but those settings change all tooltips in maptool. I was looking for an option to remove only those "Macro Link" one.
But changing this settings helps anyway

But I got another question for you !

I was using the =(xxx) feature in a power desc.
and I was wandering is there a way to do something like this =(floor(STR/2)) ?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

gdavidson79 wrote:The problem is when I use the advanced launcher, no matter what input I give the How many attacks? input box, there are always three attacks listed (see image). Even if I input 0, it gives me that many potential targets. What am I doing wrong here?
That's a bug. Possibly related to the earlier extra attack output on 2 attack attacks. I don't currently have the fix someone suggested implimented in my home stuff and I can definitely replicate this problem... shoot, I really need to get a block of free time and fix this crap.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

cqtlc wrote:Thanks pinkrose for the hint about the tooltips but those settings change all tooltips in maptool. I was looking for an option to remove only those "Macro Link" one.
But changing this settings helps anyway
As far as I'm aware of, there is no way to get rid of them, that's a function of the macrolink function. Unless it's been updated while I've been away with some new options, all macrolinks output to chat have them.

[/quote]and I was wandering is there a way to do something like this =(floor(STR/2)) ?[/quote]

Functions don't work inside the =() but regular math operators should. But there is no way to make it round that I'm aware of.

gdavidson79
Kobold

Post by gdavidson79 »

DeviantNull wrote:
gdavidson79 wrote:The problem is when I use the advanced launcher, no matter what input I give the How many attacks? input box, there are always three attacks listed (see image). Even if I input 0, it gives me that many potential targets. What am I doing wrong here?
That's a bug. Possibly related to the earlier extra attack output on 2 attack attacks. I don't currently have the fix someone suggested implimented in my home stuff and I can definitely replicate this problem... shoot, I really need to get a block of free time and fix this crap.
Just so long as its nothing I am doing incorrectly, I have no problems leaving it as is and just using Dice Roller to handle the secondary attacks. It's not like it is on an at-will that gets used often, I can handle the daily use of it :lol:

BTW, awesome work. I've used a couple of frameworks thus far and this is becoming my favorite for its simplicity and completeness.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”