4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by PinkRose »

@ travist627,
Are you going to be able to update your Monster NPC generator to the new format that came out with the MM3 and will be used in the compendium?
I am a special snowflake!

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:@ travist627,
Are you going to be able to update your Monster NPC generator to the new format that came out with the MM3 and will be used in the compendium?
I have a very preliminary version right now, but haven't had as much time to work on it as I had hoped. Also, I have to make sure that it works with the updated framework.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Understand.
I don't expect it done tonight.
But tomorrow would be good. :twisted:

It only makes sense to wait until DN gets the uberUpgrade done before changing things on your Add-on.

Part-Human
Kobold

Post by Part-Human »

Oh hey. I'm just someone new dropping in to say thank you. Haven't quite started using it but have been learning the last few weeks and setting up the Pyramid of Shadows map to play online with my friend. We should be starting up in a week or two.

If all goes well, and after I get some real world behind me, I might try to dig into the code and set up and run some open campaigns.

Anyway, thanks again. I should prob also go thank the regular RPTools people.

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

I have not been using the monster pdf to token add-on. Please point me in the direction of said tool and color me impressed if it saves me time. Who cares about my players, I want to quickly make tokens of stuff that's going to kill them. :)

Part-Human
Kobold

Post by Part-Human »

Delgar wrote:I have not been using the monster pdf to token add-on. Please point me in the direction of said tool and color me impressed if it saves me time. Who cares about my players, I want to quickly make tokens of stuff that's going to kill them. :)
I used
http://webpages.charter.net/thornhill/d ... _6_3.rptok
by travist627 posted back on page 97
to parse the D&D Compendium to tokens. About 90% of them worked without manual intervention.

Then again, I think you guys are talking about
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13237 by JamesManhattan

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Use the first link there.
It's integrated with DN framework.
And works like a charm.
Monsters in Minutes.TM
That's the motto.

Seeker
Kobold

Post by Seeker »

PinkRose wrote:Use the first link there.
It's integrated with DN framework.
And works like a charm.
Monsters in Minutes.TM
That's the motto.
Unless you have the server running and want it to create the macros and stuff. For some reason, when server is running, it's saying something about permissions to set npc token... :( So, no putting in creatures on a fly under certain circumstances..

Seeker
Kobold

Post by Seeker »

Seeker wrote: Unless you have the server running and want it to create the macros and stuff. For some reason, when server is running, it's saying something about permissions to set npc token... :( So, no putting in creatures on a fly under certain circumstances..
Correction.. I get: "You do not have permission to access another token in the setNPC function."

I had it work a couple of times, but doesn't matter whether I have server running or not.. So, not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything, or if something somewhere needs to be changed..

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Seeker wrote:
Seeker wrote: Unless you have the server running and want it to create the macros and stuff. For some reason, when server is running, it's saying something about permissions to set npc token... :( So, no putting in creatures on a fly under certain circumstances..
Correction.. I get: "You do not have permission to access another token in the setNPC function."

I had it work a couple of times, but doesn't matter whether I have server running or not.. So, not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything, or if something somewhere needs to be changed..
Is the macro player editable? If so, the macro could be failing on that point (since player editable macros can't run trusted functions, IIRC).

Seeker
Kobold

Post by Seeker »

Rumble wrote:Is the macro player editable? If so, the macro could be failing on that point (since player editable macros can't run trusted functions, IIRC).
Unknown.. Where do I look? I had no problems until a recent dev version..

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Okay I'm a complete moron.

Once I've downloaded the rptok file.

How do I go about creating Monster Tokens from PDFs? Where do I paste the text?

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

I just wanted to say thanks DN for all the hard work in making this Framework. Although I haven't posted (mostly due to laziness) I have been using it for almost a year now. I and my players love it. I am really looking forward to what you have planned for the next build.

Also thanks Travis627 for your work on the NPC Parser. It has saved me countless hours of work in monster creation. With running 3 games a week, making npc tokens has become very much less time consuming.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

James Manhatten the father of all of the RegExParser tools posted both very good instructions and videos on how to use his tool. All of the rest work about the same. So find James' either in the user creations or the drop in topics and that should get you going.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Okay this was really weird, I downloaded the monster parser token (the most recent one). Opened up the campaign file, dragged the token in.

Okay so when I drag a new token onto the map, set it as a character token and turn it's properties to enhanced, and then press F3 nothing happens. :(

So I read through 40 pages of forum texts, downloaded the very first parser posted by travis and that one worked properly in that it brought up a window where I could paste text. So I deleted that one, and put in 1.6.1 and it finally worked properly, and then 1.6.2 and that one worked. Then I redownloaded 1.6.3 and put that in the campaign file and it finally worked.

I have no idea why it didn't work right at the begining though. :(

The key seemed to be 1.6.1, if I started with 1.6.3 it wouldn't work but if I used 1.6.1 it would pull up the appropriate window. Then if I closed everything and deleted 1.6.1 and put 1.6.3 in the campaign file it works for some strange reason.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”