[Framework] 4th Edition D&D

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

heathan666
Giant

Re: [Framework] 4th Edition D&D

Post by heathan666 »

Just to let you know Bof awesome job, I'm working right now on a single combat macro (so far it can do multiple single attacks, i.e. Twin strike) that I think will basically make everything pretty much perfect. I may make an AoE & Single attack macro, but if I do I'll post the coding for the two macros, and I'll see what all I can come up with.
"Nat 20 man, reroll a plate wearer next time."
Kugan - "All bless the god KA-CHING!"

bof36
Kobold

Post by bof36 »

I just completed the MM2 tokens (without macros) : MM2 Tokens

I also grouped the MM1 tokens, for ease of download : MM1 Tokens

Heathan, I'll see what I can do about integrating your macros in the tokens after you're done.

ClydeFrog
Kobold

Post by ClydeFrog »

heathan666 wrote:Ok here are the monsters by level. All monsters are Pre-Monster Manual 2.
Also every monster token has a stat card that I've created, and you can use in-game. This helps out the DM alot, what you do is select the token and hit the macro labeled "Handout" this creates a dockable window with a Monster Manual style card.
Anyways hope you all enjoy and I'd love some feedback.
I have all the Monster Manual monsters to level 10 done and all level 1 monsters done.
Level 1 Monsters
Level 2 Monsters
Level 3 Monsters
Level 4 Monsters
Level 5 Monsters
Level 6 Monsters
Level 7 Monsters
Level 8 Monsters
Level 9 Monsters
Level 10 Monsters
Is there a reason file #4,5&9 aren't downloading? The others downloaded just fine. These are great and I really would like to get the whole set. All of the later files (11-31) downloaded just fine. Thanks for all of the hard work!

bof36
Kobold

Post by bof36 »

I added heathan's tokens to my MM1 folder.

Tell me if you can download them from there.

KarlR
Kobold

Post by KarlR »

First off, this framework is awesome just what I need to run a smooth game. Second, I've run into a problem with a few of the tokens I downloaded for this mod. It's funny, level 1, 2 and 10-33 work just fine but when ever I try to place a token from level 3-9 on my map I get the following error. I have no idea how to handle java so I thought some one might have better luck, maybe this is a common problem.

java.lang.InstantiationError: java.util.Map$Entry
at sun.reflect.GeneratedSerializationConstructorAccessor149.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.Sun14ReflectionProvider.newInstance(Sun14ReflectionProvider.java:74)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.instantiateNewInstance(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:308)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:161)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:82)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:63)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:76)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:60)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:225)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:162)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:82)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:63)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:76)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:246)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:218)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:162)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:60)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:137)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:33)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:923)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:909)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:861)
at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:138)
at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:123)
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadToken(PersistenceUtil.java:432)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.assetpanel.ImageFileImagePanelModel.getTransferable(ImageFileImagePanelModel.java:101)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.assetpanel.AssetPanel$4.getTransferable(AssetPanel.java:277)
at net.rptools.lib.swing.ImagePanel.dragGestureRecognized(ImagePanel.java:395)
at java.awt.dnd.DragGestureRecognizer.fireDragGestureRecognized(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WMouseDragGestureRecognizer.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

bof36
Kobold

Post by bof36 »

I've done some tests and it only appears for recent versions of maptools. It also only affects the tokens created manually, which are the tokens from Monster Manual 1.

It's funny because I've recently started a new campaign, and when I tried a level 3 token for fun it bugged. I thought that was because the token itself had an error or something. I didn't think it was for all tokens created manually by heathan. As for why it's level 3+ and only the ones created manually, I don't know. It might be the macros.

One thing that can be done is to open the tokens in an earlier version of maptools, for example b60, then save them. Afterwards they will work with maptools' more recent versions, such as b67, b68 and b69.

Do any of the devs know of a quick workaround for this ? I might just automate re-saving the tokens in maptools and re-upload the tokens altogether.

bof36
Kobold

Post by bof36 »

Since I had some spare time today I did what I wrote earlier (re-save and re-upload the 3-10 level tokens).

KarlR, you will have working tokens now if you download them using my links.

KarlR
Kobold

Post by KarlR »

Brilliant mate, I'll be sure to make sure to thank you when I publish the finished campaign files on my site. Wish me luck with this, it's my second time DMing a game of 4th edition.

http://data-cube.org

bof36
Kobold

Post by bof36 »

Good luck and I'm glad you like the tokens ! Please don't forget to mention heathan first as it was his idea after all. :D

KarlR
Kobold

Post by KarlR »

I'll make sure to mention you both, but I'm curious about some thing. Is it possible to disable mouse over portraits for players but not the GM? I don't really want my players seeing the exact hp and defensive stats of monsters.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

KarlR wrote:I'll make sure to mention you both, but I'm curious about some thing. Is it possible to disable mouse over portraits for players but not the GM? I don't really want my players seeing the exact hp and defensive stats of monsters.
In campaign properties just put @ to make them owner visible so players can see theirs and the DM will see the NPC's. To completely hide them from players use # to make them GM only.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

KarlR
Kobold

Post by KarlR »

Cool, thanks man worked like a trick. Now I have every thing I need to run a campaign hah!

heathan666
Giant

Post by heathan666 »

well its been awhile sense I played and I thought this was all torn down. I'm glad to see some people have found use of it. I recently found free time again and some people at work wanted to set up a game and I was like...ewww maptools how I love thee....and well now here we go. Thank you RPTools for not deleting this and ty Bof36 for the tokens and help.
"Nat 20 man, reroll a plate wearer next time."
Kugan - "All bless the god KA-CHING!"

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”