Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th & 5th editions)

Framework(s) for SR4, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Jshock
Dragon

Re: Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th)

Post by Jshock »

Palmer and I think alike:
Single shot

Semi Auto

Burst Fire

Full Auto

The background. Give me a buzz if any of you want this in .psd.

redwulfe
Kobold

Post by redwulfe »

Started puting tokens in my albumn- http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/re ... Shadowrun/ I will continue to put up more as time permits.

-red

Ranger_Dan
Kobold

Post by Ranger_Dan »

Wow, looks pretty sweet. I have been working on an SR4 system the past few days as well. I have the basic attack, defense roll, damage resist and application of damage, including setting wound levels and wound modifiers. It is based off of Cweords ShadowRunDice roller.

I was looking over your framework and unfortunately I think my direction is a bit primitive compared to yours, I was hoping to be able to contribute something..

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Hey Jshock, could you make one more state for 6-10 bullets? I think 2 bullets for burst would be confusing, because burst actually uses 3 (and semi uses 2, and full auto can use many more than 3). We'll still use what you have but shift everything up by 1.
My D&D 4e Campaign FrameworkMy Shadowrun 4e Campaign Framework
RPGA#: 5223846427 — Skype: Veggiesama — Fear the ferret.

Ranger_Dan
Kobold

Post by Ranger_Dan »

One idea for the icons is for the burst narrow to be a line of bullets, burst wide could be bullets spreading (like a W). Just curious, how are you handling suppressive fire and FA multiple targets?

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Well, for states, I am only handling the gun modes, not how you are actually firing. p142 describes it in a little more detail.

EX. In burst-fire mode, the character can choose to fire a narrow or wide burst. In full-auto mode, a character can choose to fire bursts, long bursts (6 bullets), and full bursts (10 bullets). Suppressive fire seems to be a special type of full burst, according to the description.

Switching between these modes is a free action (smartlink) or simple action, I think. But I think some states would help people keep track and stay honest. =P

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

OK, here's the problem I'm having: These states are going on 3x3. If I put 6 bullets up on this, it's not going to be recognizable when it scales down. Anybody have any good ideas for something that will stand out better at that scale?

Ranger_Dan
Kobold

Post by Ranger_Dan »

Color code maybe? One for Burst, one for Long Burst and one for Full Auto? Or maybe an image of a weapon safety switch with four modes? safety (which can ready the weapon), SA, BF, FA?

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

What would you guys think if these "modes" states appeared only on a mouse-over? That would put them on top of all other gridded states and allow them to be bigger and in a static place.

Currently we're looking at gun modes, vision modes, PAN modes, and Matrix interface modes. Here's a template of one way it could look:

NORMAL STATES (3x3 GRID):
states_normal.png
states_normal.png (74.02 KiB) Viewed 2698 times
MOUSE-OVER STATES (NON-GRIDDED):
states_mouseover.png
states_mouseover.png (72.97 KiB) Viewed 2698 times

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

That's a pretty good idea; The GM could hide those states from non owners, that way a player can't just rollover on a GM pog and find out what it's gun is set to.

If you like those positions, I could do some padded backgrounds up.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Hidden from non-owners is a good idea.

I'm not sure yet about the positions of mouse-over states. Before we lock into one way of doing things, I want to be darn sure I'm not leaving anything out (it would totally suck to have to remake a bunch of states if we mess something up).

I'm going to make a post on Dumpshock and see if the shadowrun goons there think I'm leaving anything out.

Ranger_Dan
Kobold

Post by Ranger_Dan »

Well I took a closer look at your states, thats alot.. You have programs listed in the states section, will you be having spells and phys ad abilities as states also? Certain states like acid would be useful for applying DoT from mundane acid or being on fire. Possessed, Under the Influence, Feared (from critter power), Petrified (Power and spell), Sustaining Spells, Cyberware on/off, Cyberware activation, Cyberware and Bioware, Subdued.

If you are going for that sort of detail i can probably come up with more, like entangled (FAB Net Guns), Unconcious and Bleeding, Stabilzed, heh you can even include lifestyle for long term healing.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Good suggestions!

Programs seemed important because hackers only get a certain number to load at one time (~6). After all somebody thought it was important enough to make hacking cards for them.

I almost think it would be better to put program states on a separate token. I even made a VR version of my technomancer. We can worry about programs later though.

I do think it'd be great to get states like "on fire" or "wired reflexes." It'd be awesome if you could help me come up with a list of those kinds of miscellaneous effects. We don't need everything, so we should try to prioritize what's important.

I think we can use the "sustaining" state for most spell effects, but some are so common (improved reflexes) that we might want to make individual states for that. Maybe we should put in some "Activated Foci" ones too.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Just thought I'd show off what's in store:
inputStates.png
inputStates.png (181.7 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
Judging by this comparison, Jshock, you might want to scale up the contrast on Death and make the whites whiter. Plus varying the color design of the green chip will go a long way for recognizing small-scale states.

(Also note that you can control your lights from here! You might use radial lights for a street light and conic lights for flashlights/headlights. I would *like* to put vision in here, too, but there are no functions for setting vision that I saw.)

Ranger_Dan
Kobold

Post by Ranger_Dan »

Here is a start, i included some descriptions as a guide, I will post more, just wanted to see if this was too much information.

Prone (bonus to hit in melee, penalty to defense unless it is a ranged attack over 5 meters)
Unconscious (full stun damage, full physical damage)
Decking (perception pool modifier based on mode)
Rigging (perception pool modifier based on mode, able to access vehicles and Drones properly equipped)
Projecting (invisible to “Real Space” unless materialized or use of Perception, Drugs or sensor by observer or certain passive (Living Walls and Wards) and active (FAB Net Guns, Clouds) and natural/major mojo (Background Counts)
Dying
Rigged (Vehicle/Drone, allows a subscribed user to access or hacker to hack)
Reflexes 1(allows +1 Initiative Pass, generic term applied to Synaptic Accelerator, Wired Reflexes, Improved Reflexes Spell and Adept power, Cold Sim VR) –not sure if you want a non reflex state for IP 1.
Reflexes 2(allows +2 Initiative Passes, Hot Sim VR)
Reflexes 3 (allows +3 Initiative Passes)
Concealability (modifier for carrying concealed weapons, Concealable Holsters, Lined Coats, certain weapons all affect this, can be broken into Standard and MAD scanners)
Dodging (Full Defense option, uses Reaction + Dodge (vs Ranged) or Reaction +Dodge*2 (vs Melee) or Reaction + Dodge + Melee Skill (vs Melee)
Blocking/Parrying (Full Defense option, uses Reaction+ Melee Skill*2 (vs Melee Attacks only), except with Missile Parry Adept ability)
Grappled/Grappling
Subdued/Immobilized (cannot move, must test to break free, typically Strength + another attribute/skill)
Critical Damage (more advanced perhaps, but to handle critical glitches on damage resistance tests, such as internal bleeding, fractures, cyberware damage)
Wound Modifiers (every 3 “pts” or “boxes” of damage equals a cumulative -1 penalty to all dice roll tests except for damage resistance, exception low pain tolerance trait, every 2 pts = -1.
Dead Man’s Trigger (used when about to fall out of action, requires three seperate conditions, 1 action left or Initiative Pass, spend 1 edge, and make Body+Willpower(3) test, then it allows a single simple action before dropping)
Acid Damage (used for “weaponized” chemical (Ares Squirt, DMSO) immersion or contact. Unless immersed rating reduces by 1 a round (not IP), resisted by ½ Impact, exception Chemical Protection armor upgrade)
Electrified (chance to be “stunned” Body+Willpower, resisted with ½ Impact, exception non-conductive armor upgrade)
Fire (chance of catching fire depends on clothing worn or item being lit on fire, damage scales depending on GM discretion ie; fuel, attempts to extinguish, rain, can ignite ammo and explosives, destroy equipment or render inoperable)

Btw; That looks pretty hot.

Return to “Shadowrun 4e Frameworks”