Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th & 5th editions)

Framework(s) for SR4, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Xalcairn
Cave Troll

Re: Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th)

Post by Xalcairn »

Thanks for all the hard work on all of your frameworks veggie! I was just now finally getting into reading and checking out the Shadowrun 4e system (taking a break from LFR/RPGA lol) and was looking for any kind of framework to help me streamline the game. Also hoping to now go find one hosted online using your framework haha.

Thanks again Veggie awesome work! Without these kinds of things, un-json/macro savvy people like me would never stand a chance LOL.

:D
-This roll of 1 brought to you by.... your very own random number generator, and the letter F for Fail-
RPGA#:9214000284 Skype:xalcairn

Bald-boy
Kobold

Post by Bald-boy »

AWESOME piece of work!
I have recently been forced to find alternatives to face-to-face roleplaying, and this looks so sweet!

EDIT: The n00b found the answer by pressing buttons... Still not able to establish a server due to router, but thats another story :-)

/BB

NerdBuster
Kobold

Post by NerdBuster »

Hi there. First, I really like this SR-FW and I've been using it with my groups for some time now. The other day we noticed a small problem though. It seems that the FW doesn't calculate the overflowing stun damage correctly. A character had 9 stun damage and received another 3, which should have resulted in 2 physical damage. Instead the FW calculated 7 physical damage :shock: . Could that have something to do with the MP version I'm using (it's 1.3b.80).
Other than that, great FW and thanks for the work.

Symmos
Kobold

Post by Symmos »

Is there any change to get a "lite" version of this build? I am a little intimidated by the complexity. And i don´t really need a lot of the functions. Just the "roll skills" part and maybe the damage bit.

Thanks

Sym

Xanex Caligula
Giant

Post by Xanex Caligula »

Like it so far. Two things:
1. Stun damage in excess of the condition monitor is being doubled on the Physical monitor (i.e. 2 points of Stun overflow is becoming 4 points of Physical damage).

2. What would I change to alter the Hit from 5-6 to something different (for example, if I wanted to use the more hits cinematic option)?

Using 1.3.b84.

Thanks.

Xanex Caligula
Giant

Post by Xanex Caligula »

Okay, I figured out how to change the Hit number. Took me awhile to notice the Lib token had properties also.

Soultroubadour
Cave Troll

Post by Soultroubadour »

Hey Veggie- great job on this SR4 frame- i cant wait to implement this in game :) In the interest of adding flavor to astral/matrix perception- do you know if you can invert the colors in maptool? I would love to have a toggle that allowed me to invert the colors on the map on the turn of anyone who is perceiving astrally...

is this possible?

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Hello,

necro necro etc ;)

I just found out about maptools and this framework one week ago and now I'm fully planning to play Shadowrun again after 15 years.

I ripped a ton of SR artwork from the net to create my own tokens and backgrounds, here's some WIP shots:

If this framework actually will get updates once more sometimes, there's two things I'd like to add ;)

1. A new character token always has 8 (full) physical and stun damamge boxes crossed out (-4 wound mods) for some reason.
2. It would be nice if damage could just be added and removed with a simple icon, maybe a set of icons in the CM window:
Add 1 PHY box
Add 3 PHY box
Heal 1 PHY box
Heal 3 PHY box
Add 1 Stun box
Add 3 Stun box
Heal 1 Stun box
Remove 3 Stun box

In any case it's great work so far and I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

I don't use this framework, but it looks like Veggiesama had this done using CurrentX and MaxX where X is Physical, Stun, Edge, etc. I don't have time this morning to look up the Maptool code, but looking at his framework the process would be something like:

1.) Check to see if CurrentX is 0, if it is use MaxX in place of CurrentX
2.) Add or subtract from CurrentX
3.) Check to make sure the new number is not below 0 or above MaxX.
4.) Set the CurrentX property to the correct number.

To do this I'd have to understand in Shadowrun what happens if you go below zero or above your max. Other than that, not too hard.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Hey, thanks for the info. I started looking around in the XML file before I found out that I can just modify the values in the campaign properties. I immediately tinkered with all kinds of stuff, changing health and stun bars and even adding new token states for my matrix nodes; I originally planned to somehow copy the aura mechanic so I could get a colored frame around matrix nodes to show their sec rating, but I figured I could just make a frame as a token state and use this instead, same effect and I can even make it mouse-over, plus adding the sec number in the bottom corner. Great! Now I pretty much have everything I need so far in this framework. There's still the bug that overflowing stun damage adds double the amount of physical damage, but I guess this just needs to be done by hand when applying damage.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

I hope no one minds if I kinda hijack this thread =)

My project is coming along nicely, here's some WIP shots.

BTW, I'm currently trying to find out how I change the way initiative is computed, so if anyone can help me, it'd be much appreciated :)
I know that the Roll Initiative Macro button refers to a macro from the SR4 Library, but when I checked the lib token I couldn't find anything.
Edit: I found the macro codes, I had no Currently Selected window in my UI so the macros didn't show up when I selected the Lib token :roll:
Now I try to change how initiative is handled to the way it was in Shadowrun 2nd edition: Each character just rolls d6 equal to his Initiative Passes and then adds his Reaction and adds up everything; Highest goes first, then the next highest until 30, 20 or 10 is reached; 10 gets deducted from the Initiative scores already activated, and it starts a new cycle and so on. Kinda hard to explain, an example:

A has 14
B has 21
C has 17
D has 7

Initiative Order is:
21(B)
17(C)
14(A)
11(B) (2nd pass for B)
7(C and D) (2nd pass for C, 1st for D)
4(A) (2nd pass for A)
1(B) (3rd pass for B)

Unfortunately I have no idea how to code or anything, so if anyone wants to help me... Feel free to do so! ;)
Spoiler
Current Seattle city map with places of interest
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Last edited by Cherno on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nergal
Kobold

Post by Nergal »

Cherno, nice screen shots. I envy your players so much right now. Keep up with the good work.

Veggie, thanks for the awsome framework. Some of the people I introduced to it stress, that it's simplicity and intuitive interface is the selling points. You don't need to know squat to run it.
Thanks again.

P.S. Necroposting for the win!

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Yeah.. thanks, though the images are 4 months old and were in fact the first pictures I posted here :D

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Cherno wrote:Yeah.. thanks, though the images are 4 months old and were in fact the first pictures I posted here :D
Indeed!hadn't noticed it.

Return to “Shadowrun 4e Frameworks”