Pathfinder Core Rules Sold Out!!

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Paradox
Dragon

Re: Pathfinder Core Rules Sold Out!!

Post by Paradox »

I have wanted to be cautious about saying this in the wrong circles, but I got my notification on Tuesday afternoon.

I was optimistic because I don't like that many states away from Washington. That being said, no delivery today. I hopeful for tomorrow.

I have looked at the PDFs of all the other August offerings if you have any question. That means I have seen actual adventures with the new rules.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Paradox? I don't suppose you'll be running PFRPG maptool games come the weekend after the 13?
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Notsonoble wrote:Paradox? I don't suppose you'll be running PFRPG maptool games come the weekend after the 13?

I'm actually running Hook Mountain Massacre from Rise of the Runelords this Monday.. That is an Adventure Path Campaigh published by Paizo. Been going for about a month so far.

Then I am going to tell the lads to start updating their characters with the new Core Rules.

I am giving serious thought to running regular Pathfinder Society Scenarios. There is a community doing that now, comprised mostly of Paizo Message Board folk who like Pygon's very cool TTop virtual tabletop. Pathfinder Society would be open to anyone.

But while I got much respect for Pygon, I'm sticking to MapTools. (Though I have some long term interest in iTableTop, but they're a long way from catching up to MT).
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

I'd be up for society games... I just seem to be dming everywhere, and ready to be a character for a change...

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

Paradox wrote:
Notsonoble wrote:Paradox? I don't suppose you'll be running PFRPG maptool games come the weekend after the 13?

I'm actually running Hook Mountain Massacre from Rise of the Runelords this Monday.. That is an Adventure Path Campaign published by Paizo. Been going for about a month so far.

Then I am going to tell the lads to start updating their characters with the new Core Rules.

I am giving serious thought to running regular Pathfinder Society Scenarios. There is a community doing that now, comprised mostly of Paizo Message Board folk who like Pygon's very cool TTop virtual tabletop. Pathfinder Society would be open to anyone.

But while I got much respect for Pygon, I'm sticking to MapTools. (Though I have some long term interest in iTableTop, but they're a long way from catching up to MT).
My group is in The Skinsaw Murders, do you have any old campaign files you're willing to share?

IMarv

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

IMarvinTPA wrote: My group is in The Skinsaw Murders, do you have any old campaign files you're willing to share?

Yes! I have to clean them up a little and reset them...

One thing Marv, it was my first campaign. I learned a few lessons on making efficient maps in the process. A few of them are a little slow because of that...

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

I now have the book in my hot little hands. Muhahaha!

IMarv

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

NO Fair, NO Fair, NO Fair. Well, I actually will not know till I get home.

First thoughts????
--
Big Mac

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

Big_Mac wrote:NO Fair, NO Fair, NO Fair. Well, I actually will not know till I get home.

First thoughts????
It looks pretty. But my wife took it because I still need to get work done...

IMarv

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

IMarvinTPA wrote:
Big_Mac wrote:NO Fair, NO Fair, NO Fair. Well, I actually will not know till I get home.

First thoughts????
It looks pretty. But my wife took it because I still need to get work done...

IMarv
Crack!!! Crack!! Slave labor camp eh? :lol:
--
Big Mac

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Got mine yesterday.. it is an absolutely gorgeous book with top notch production values. I got mine with the Pathfinder discount.. and many will get it from Amazon which was frankly cheaper. However, all that aside, there is 49.99 worth of quality in the actual book.. assuming you actually want the game.

The binding is solid, the paper is glossy high quality with NO smearing, the art and layout is all full color. Huge donkey index.

AS a plug for the PDF... It will not only be bookmarked but hyperlinked inside. Not sure to what extent, but they're pulling every stop to actually make the PDF itself impressive.

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

*wibbles* mine apparently didn't even SHIP until today...

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

It's here!

First note, much better organization of the material.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

FYI, this thread says Paizo.com will have an SRD go live tomorrow! (Oops, that should be "today" now. ;))

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:FYI, this thread says Paizo.com will have an SRD go live tomorrow! (Oops, that should be "today" now. ;))
Yeah, I saw that.

And the Core PDF sale starts at 10AM (Pacific) today.

Wondering if their servers will hold up.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “General Discussion”