Nice to meet you ...

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Phergus
Deity

Re: Nice to meet you ...

Post by Phergus »

Ron - That's too funny. The character on Roar is why I've been using it since then.

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

Yes!
Even though it starred Heath Ledger, it had such a short run I don’t often get to talk to others who’ve seen that show. I feel like I do every 8 or 9 years or so, and usually on a D&D forum. :D Fergus was the best character though. That show the heroes were definitely way more interesting than the villains and all their powers.

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

Probably it was you and I who had this same conversation somewhere else. :lol:

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Could well be. :) Fergus was awesome and I really enjoyed the show for the brief period it was on.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

rredmond wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:58 am
Even though it starred Heath Ledger, it had such a short run I don’t often get to talk to others who’ve seen that show. I feel like I do every 8 or 9 years or so, and usually on a D&D forum. :D Fergus was the best character though. That show the heroes were definitely way more interesting than the villains and all their powers.
You guys peaked my interest... I've never seen nor heard of that show but it looks interesting. Unfortunately, it's not streaming anywhere legit (well, youtube has crappy 240p rips)... and looks like it's only available on DVD (yuck.)

Will have to keep an eye out for it.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Leandro
Kobold

Post by Leandro »

Hey Everyone, my name is Leandro, 31 yrs and I'm from Brazil (Sorry by any tipping mistakes, I know I need to improve my english).

I never had any experience with RPG's and now that I'm listening to a few podcasts I decided to try to play, just found a few friends and I decided that I will be the DM (That's nice :D ).

I decided to use MapTool but is not so simple... I just know the basics of programing and is extremelly difficult to find any step-by-step in portuguese.
That's why I'm here, I decided to learn more and make youtube videos in portuguese to share my experience.

I found a short adventure in portuguese and I create a simple adventure at Maptool 1.5.13, but I have (of course) a few questions, and I wanna first see if any other already solved questions like mine if not I will creat posts with my questions.

Thank you everyone.
Leandro

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

You may want to sign up for the Discord channel, too, at https://discordapp.com/channels/2962308 ... 2262865920. Generally speaking, you'll probably get a quicker answer there, but more in-depth advice here.

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Leandro! And taustinoc that link didn't get me to a discord channel. :?:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

This should be a valid invite link to the MapTool Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/WXpwP8

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

in case you want to learn more about Maptool, in my sig you can find a link to an extensive list of 'learning material'

Leandro
Kobold

Post by Leandro »

Thank you Taustinoc, rredmound, aliasmask and wolph42.

Wolph42 I'm already reading the link you told me, thank you
Leandro

Rukbat
Kobold

Post by Rukbat »

Hello everyone,
I am a long-time GM and I've started pottering with Maptool once more (after a very short stint more than 10 years ago). At the moment I'm running a couple of 5E games and a Runequest:Glorantha scenario as well (I'll move on to a different game soon there though, I don't think the system plays all that well). I'm using roll20 while I can't meet with my players face to face, and it does a passable job, though its editing features are rather lacking.
My goal right now is to get reacquainted with Maptool and try out some dry runs of the many adventures Wizards of the Coast is giving away for free.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Hi Rukbat, welcome to the rptools forum. I would suggest that you check out the first link in my sig and be aware that theres now also a rptools discord channel with a LOT of activity!!

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Your best bet on that is to sign up to the Discord channel for MapTool. (In general, there's a lot more activity there these days, and certainly so among the devs.)

JivagoDortZ
Kobold

Post by JivagoDortZ »

Is this a thread for the introduction?

Return to “General Discussion”