Troll

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aku
Dragon

Re: Troll

Post by aku »

I'll agree with Jr, i dont really like either of those lists.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

I'd prefer the old ranks as well.

Maybe just rename the Troll to Cavetroll (or similar) to avoid confusion and leave the rest.

In general I think these ranks work best if they refer to titles/ranks/creatures and not abstract constructs.

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

aku wrote:I'll agree with Jr, i dont really like either of those lists.

hmm forgot the smileys... like :wink: or :lol: it was more suggested as irony on the question whether it had to be 'monsters'. I didn't seriously expect to become a erm toddler?

Actually what's wrong with being a Troll? your big strong and you regenerate! Granted your also st000pid but so is nearly every monster suggested to take its place so far. Or is the language barrier filtering something here?

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

My only "concern" (not that this is some kind of serious problem) with troll is the usual meaning in forums: wikipedia

Let me quote the summary:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response

aliasmask
Deity

Post by aliasmask »

Since I started "blogging", Troll has a bad connotation of being someone who posts stuff just to make you mad and is usually pretty vulgar and retarded. Other than that, I love Trolls too... especially polymophing in to a Mountain Troll, muhaha.

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

CoveredInFish wrote:My only "concern" (not that this is some kind of serious problem) with troll is the usual meaning in forums: wikipedia

Let me quote the summary:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response

aliasmask wrote:Since I started "blogging", Troll has a bad connotation of being someone who posts stuff just to make you mad and is usually pretty vulgar and retarded. Other than that, I love Trolls too... especially polymophing in to a Mountain Troll, muhaha.

I don't blog and it is indeed a language barrier thing, just didn't know. It does sound like common sense thus to change it. To erm... Toddler? 8)

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

I would say to change it to a specific type of troll, ala "cave troll" or even "bridge troll" or some such

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

You're all a bunch of freakin' troll bigots.

Humph!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

RPTroll wrote:You're all a bunch of freakin' troll bigots.

Humph!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

am not! i am a troll researcher, therefore it is imperative i know EXACTLY the type of troll that i am dealing with!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, "Cave Troll" it is. :)

And I've shelved this for now unless someone comes up with a list that a majority agrees on. Although our top level is 5000 posts right now. We should probably have one more level beyond that at 10000.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Azhrei wrote:We should probably have one more level beyond that at 10000.

Forum Cartel

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Holy cow, I'm in the 5,000+ post group?

...I've wasted my life... :D

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

Rumble wrote:Holy cow, I'm in the 5,000+ post group?

...I've wasted my life... :D

Azhrei wrote:We should probably have one more level beyond that at 10000.

hmmm... 'Undead' maybe? As in "How do you kill that which has no life?" (Southpark: Make Love, Not Warcraft)

Naryt
Dragon

Post by Naryt »

I like the Troll label actually. It gives people a little shock at first and then a bit of a laugh, nothing too serious. :lol:

Oh, it looks like I'm back. 8)
A wandering lost soul

Return to “General Discussion”