Google Android Discussion

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Re: Google Android Discussion

Post by Amaril »

RPTroll wrote:Apple is suing HTC for patent infringement.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-sui ... ?x=0&.v=16
That's a @#%ing joke!
Kristian

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

You think so? How about this one for the blinking cursor. :-)

http://news.google.com/patents/about?id=wPNZAAAAEBAJ
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

loogie
Dragon

Post by loogie »

oops, apparently i didn't submit my reply...

yeah i think apples patent crap is just retarded... of course they should not be able to GET the patent on that... its basically an interaction thing. if thats possibly, people should be ably to patent how they paint a painting, how they shake hands, how they say the word tomato... its a joke.

on a continued amusing note, i definitely do not have any 3rd party apps on my android except what comes out of the box on the HTC Hero... and I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with that, I believe its a bit of magic done by google, since not only did i just watch my phone update a task from ms exchange to my calendar automatically (it showed up in my email, then instantly was added to my calendar and i was notified of it), but i was also able to accept said task successfully from my phone, through google... (i watch my supervisors computer to be sure that the accept actually went through)

that is an unexpected and very nice surprize.

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Funny how they didn't sue MS or HP or any of the other companies that have developed these same things on their own hardware... Oh wait it's because they'd get ground into the dust for it. It'll be interesting to see if they get away with it here.
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Nonetheless, it is discouraging because I am awaiting the next batch of HTC androids being released - my current contract is up shortly. Now the release may be delayed because of all this.

Plus, there is rumor that HTC may be forced to remotely remove certain features on existing phones. Now that would suck.. Hopefully the years that it takes for courts to decide outcomes will be a blessing. :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I suspect HTC will wind up paying a royalty to Apple before they are forced to remove anything.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Kristian

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Good, Google might be big enough to make Apple eat their shorts for this one... which'll make a good morale booster for people who want to compete in markets Apple's had a strangle hold on.

Of course I don't know why I hate Apple so much... most of the things that I come up with when people ask me are things one could hate about MS, Google, and lots of other companies. Yet I have a WinXP box, a Gmail account... and lots of Samsung gear... So my hatred of all things Apple really is weird... I have no idea why I want to see them run to the ground and Jobs as a beggard (okay, there's not any real urge to see Steve Jobs suffer but apple's death you bet)... its completely inexplicable and wrong... and there are days I regret that feeling... but its there.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

That's a bad graphic. It makes me wonder what his right arm is doing out front like that. Maybe the 'droid is just really excited to see the fruit? ;)

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Thread Necromancy...

So I'm thinking about the Samsung Captivate... since nexus one's are kinda out of my finical reach...

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Notsonoble wrote:Thread Necromancy...

So I'm thinking about the Samsung Captivate... since nexus one's are kinda out of my finical reach...
Not to mention discontinued by Google. ;)
Kristian

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

that too... although not quite yet... but I won't be able to save fast enough to order before they finally do.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S (free thanks to some fast talking with my provider)

I think I am in love with android . . .

I know Android is java based (cut-down version of 5 I think) - I have had some players show interest in the 'upcoming' android tablets for gaming.

As MT is usable on a net book, I see no reason it wouldn't be on a slate - is there any way that MT would be portable to android? It might be more affordable and more practical for face to face than net-books.

Also are there any really good free apps people can recommend?

Just a thought - back to playing with my phone
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Yep, got a Captivate over the weekend, there are a few of the not-so-smartphone interface I miss of the Solstice, but so far I'm really enjoying it.

My old man said there's a pair of apps that replace the android market app (something brain, can't remember right this second) that when include better app installation from the computer, and the ability to post an public list of apps on your phone for the purpose of suggestions.

Return to “General Discussion”