Converting source material from PF to SW

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Converting source material from PF to SW

Post by CoveredInFish »

Hi all,

i havent played any kind of d&d since 'bout 20 years and I'm not really interested in beginning now (parts money, parts lazy). I have however some interesting source materials for pathfinder and since i dont now PF a bit i find it difficult to convert it to another system. I'm kind of planning a little bit fantasy savage worlds where that material would fit in perfectly so converting to SW would be my actual goal.

Has anyone that before and can give me some general guidelines or point me to guidelines somewhere?

Help would be appreciated
CiF

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Converting source material from PF to SW

Post by CoveredInFish »

I found a D20 to SW conversion here by savage heroes. I think that this should give me enough help..

if anyone has experiences with such a conversion I'd nonetheless be glad to hear about.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I did it for several (non-pathfinder) modules and its pretty easy. My advice is not to convert but rather re-invent the module into SW. You'll go crazy trying to get something to work exactly the same way in PF as Savage Worlds. Just recreate the creature/person/place in the Fast, Furious, and Fun method and don't get too stuck on the details.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

The Pathfinder SRD is available free to the public http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Return to “General Discussion”