Two help questions

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

mondo
Cave Troll

Two help questions

Post by mondo »

I'm using an older build and Im thinking on moving up to the 1.5 series. ON a test machine I've noticed a hero lab tab. I don't find a tutorial on how to utilize that. Ill move up if it proves stable with my campaign files.

Second question; have there been many issues with campaign files and the newer?

Thanks,

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Two help questions

Post by aliasmask »

I don't think functionality to that tab has been created yet or maybe you need to drop an exported file from hero lab on to MapTool map for it to populate... not sure. I would assume it would need to be an xml file, maybe a pdf? I don't have the program, so I can't experiment with it.

1.5.1 is the newest release. I personally have been experiencing some weird lag when opening tokens with certain token type properties. This issue hasn't been tracked down just yet afaik. I haven't had any other complaints or issues with it though. Once you go forward with a saved file you can't really go back too far, so be sure to save to a new file name before upgrading your MapTool.

Phergus
Deity

Re: Two help questions

Post by Phergus »

Read about the Hero Lab support here.

The Hero Lab macro functions in MapTool can be seen on the wiki. Category:Hero_Lab_Function

Return to “General Discussion”