Grid aura "problem"

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

wisewolf
Cave Troll

Grid aura "problem"

Post by wisewolf »

Greetings again. On my path to improve my campaign, I am exploring a new aura, the grid type.

I config each grid with a unit of 0.5

When I use aura grid, no matter the value I enter, it always shows half grid size. Here I attach a picture to show my problem.

If I enter, for example, 1.5: aura grid 1,5#ffff00, it is the same as 1.6: aura grid 1,75#ffff00 up to 2, where it takes a full unit, but still half grid.

Now I discovered it only works with a single grid size tokens.
Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (150.49 KiB) Viewed 677 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Grid aura "problem"

Post by aliasmask »

Looks like it just doesn't account for token size since the center of token is moved from center of square to the vertex.

wisewolf
Cave Troll

Post by wisewolf »

The token has a Large size. With Huge it is fine, Gargantuan and colossal wrong.

But, If I use FreeSize with macros, I get it right. So it seems there is a problem with standard sizes.

wisewolf
Cave Troll

Post by wisewolf »

And using FreeSize, if I preset the token to "Tiny" before FreeSize (3 cells) I get a token 3 cells wide but when I move it, it just occupy 1 cell (for movement). If I preset it to "Huge", before FreeSize (3 cells) I get a token 3 cells wide and 3 cells for movement.

It also centers different if the preset size is "Tiny" or "Huge". There is something going on here.

Return to “General Discussion”