New user - first couple of questions

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Leandro
Kobold

New user - first couple of questions

Post by Leandro »

Hello everyone, this is my first time asking for help in here and I hope Im asking at the properly place.

I'm creating the adventure of D&D5, Lost mine of Phandelpher, and here I will put my first questions about the MT, sorry if they are silly questions, I hope you guys understand that I cant find any material in Brazilian Portuguese and also this is my first experience playing RPG (Im the DM):

*how do you guys build the character sheet inside MT? (I went to Token Properties and just add there Str, Dex etc...)
*There is anyways to create and controlls the inventory of the PC's inside MT?
*Can I consider Sight and Light as the curent right values from D&D5?
*Is it possible to add music or SFX inside MT?
*How can I roll a dice that only the DM can see the results?
*How can I automaticly move the tokens from one map to another?
*There is any other Brazilian person in here?

Also I just see at https://lmwcs.com/ that MT has a LOT of macros, can you advise the most populars that can make my life easier?

Thank you so much.
Leandro

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: New user - first couple of questions

Post by wolph42 »

Hi Leandro,

Welcome to the MT forum. First off let me make you aware that there's also a discord channel: https://discordapp.com/channels/2962308 ... 2262865920 which is more active so you get faster repsonse to your questions.

As for your questions: first off I would suggest you had a look at the first link in my sig: getting started. A lot of your questions are anwered in there. To go your q's shortly:
*how do you guys build the character sheet inside MT? (I went to Token Properties and just add there Str, Dex etc...)
*Can I consider Sight and Light as the curent right values from D&D5?
menu > edit > campaign properties, here you can set properties, sight, light and other stuff.

*There is anyways to create and controlls the inventory of the PC's inside MT?
yes but thats something you would need to build in macros. Bit much for starters. There are however drop ins available by others that you can use...but again even drop ins is something I would hold off for first use!

*Is it possible to add music or SFX inside MT?
yes...but I have no experience with that. Recent versions however something with sound has been implemented. SEarch this forum or wait for someone else to respond
edit: viewtopic.php?p=275509#p275509

*How can I roll a dice that only the DM can see the results?
[g:1d6]
'g' is a 'roll option', you can stack roll options by seperating them with , e.f. [r,g:1d6]
http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/Category:Roll_Option

*How can I automaticly move the tokens from one map to another?
many many options. I always suggest using my BoT (bag of tricks, link in sig) BUT its a drop-in...so I'd suggest you wait with that. It's also the most daunting drop in as it has a ton of functions...

*There is any other Brazilian person in here?
ask again in discord.

Return to “General Discussion”