Jumping Back In

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

qcgreywolf
Cave Troll

Jumping Back In

Post by qcgreywolf »

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!

I've been absent from DnD for over 2 years now, due to complications from human replication. Now that we have mostly ironed out the initial hiccups of having a miniature human running about, I am going to start DMing again.

I have downloaded the newest version of maptools, 1.5.14 as of now, and I am going through the changelogs betwixt now and x.x.3, where I left off.

I am planning on doing yet another rewrite of my own framework that has changed from 3.5, to pathfinder, to 5e, to Edge of the Empire and now to 2E Pathfinder.

Are there any new shiny toys that I need to be aware of since 1.5.3? Anything that I just have to get my grubby hands on and play with? Anything that I should avoid right now?

My framework is mostly a fancy combat tracker with all the meat and potatoes for magic statuses, conditions, init, dice rolling, complete combat dice rolling and character sheets. I guess the only thing I don't do is mess with inventories on Maptools.

A link to what I think is my latest iteration of my framework, if you are curious. It's been a couple of years since I even opened it up.
Spoiler
Mostly, I just want to know if there is anything that I must pour over before retooling my stuff for PF 2E.

Phergus
Deity

Re: Jumping Back In

Post by Phergus »

Welcome back!

A ton of new bug fixes and new features since 1.5.3. If you used JSON structures in your framework before, the new json.path.* macro functions add a lot of capability.

If you look at the Change Log and keep scrolling down you'll see quite a few new features/enhancements since 1.5.3.

Return to “General Discussion”