Problem with Campaign Properties

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Manitou
Kobold

Problem with Campaign Properties

Post by Manitou »

Hello !
I'm new with Rptool and I followed all the tutorial.
Everything is ok with Map, Tokens and I already have writen some macro that works.
So, i have a problem with the Campaign Properties.
I use the latest version of maptool (1.6) and it seems to me that none of my calculation written in the campaign properties works. The only thing that appears in the statssheet is the calculation.
Here is an example :
Level :1
InitialHP : 6
HPbylevel : 4
HpMax :{Level*HPbylevel+InitialHp}
*@HpTemp :{Hpmax}
Strenght : 3
*@Strenghttest: {Strenght*5}

Am I doing something wrong ?

Merudo
Giant

Re: Problem with Campaign Properties

Post by Merudo »

MapTool 1.6 has bugged token properties. Update to 1.6.1 and your issue will likely be fixed.

Manitou
Kobold

Post by Manitou »

Unfortunately, I have version 1.6.1 and it doesn't work :(
Don't know why...

aethelflaed
Cave Troll

Post by aethelflaed »

I'm running 1.6.1 and got property calculations to run using [r:], however, I have run into a serious issue in my campaign.

My campaign token property sets are disappearing. I had done a bunch of work to just create a very simple set of properties to be edited with a couple very simple macros. It was working just fine, so I set up a bunch of enemy tokens for an encounter and placed them. I ran the game last night and nothing was showing on the stat sheet. When I went into campaign properties, the only one listed was Basic. All tokens were set to use basic again. I know I was in the right file, because the tokens were where I had put them after setting everything up. I also used getPropertyNames() and it spit out all the old, now missing properties on the impersonated token. They just weren't in a prop set any more. I recreated the set and put some of these properties back and all the saved values were there and showing up once again on mouseover. But apparently my saved game just totally dropped my saved campaign's prop sets.

Has anyone else seen this? I will make sure to save the prop sets so I can import if this happens again, but what a pain in the neck.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

I also noticed some strange behavior with {}. I reported a case on github here: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/1560

Until the issue is fixed, I recommend replacing all the {} with [r: ] in the campaign properties.

Return to “General Discussion”