Asset Library Stops Updating

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

wrespawn
Kobold

Asset Library Stops Updating

Post by wrespawn »

I'm really new to MapTool and am running 1.6.1. I'm creating tokens for my campaign in photoshop and placing them in the directory that is part of my resource library. After a while my resource library stops updating, new .png file I place in there do not appear and .png files I may remove do not disappear. I try to "Rescan" but that doesnt work and I try to "remove" the root directory from my library and then readd it and that doesnt help either. The only thing that seems to help is changing the hard drive the files are located in and trying to re-add it then. That's super annoying to do though. The root folder I have is 653mb large but I can scale it down significantly as most of the files in there are other DND resources.

:?: Anyhow, is there a way to re-force the scan or am I doing something wrong?

wrespawn
Kobold

Re: Asset Library Stops Updating

Post by wrespawn »

I think i figured it out... there's a clear cache option near the bottom i happened to find by accident.
Attachments
clear cache.PNG
clear cache.PNG (2.53 KiB) Viewed 929 times

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Rescan only works on folders with PDFs or HeroLab files IIRC.

Folders are only scanned once upon opening in MapTool. So if you add new files to a directory you have already looked at once, they won't be seen until a restart of MapTool.

Instead of futzing around with the Resource library while creating/modifying assets just use a regular Windows Explorer window and drag-n-drop from there to the map area.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Phergus wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:57 am
Folders are only scanned once upon opening in MapTool. So if you add new files to a directory you have already looked at once, they won't be seen until a restart of MapTool.
That is not quite true. If you add something to the folder, and go to a different resource folder (in MT), then back the fold you added it to, the new item will reappear. (I just reconfirmed this in 1.6.1 with a .png, but it's been that way for a long time.)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

You're right. I forgot that worked as it is just so much easier/faster to use Explorer windows.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Phergus wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:38 pm
You're right. I forgot that worked as it is just so much easier/faster to use Explorer windows.
I'm sure this used to be the case, but there have been changes to how it loads since I last tested. For sure, adding a folder, changing directories and going back did not reload the folder at one time. Good to hear it works now though.

Return to “General Discussion”