Pivot point .Png

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

mickeyyoyo
Kobold

Pivot point .Png

Post by mickeyyoyo »

hi all :)

I have a little problem with the rotation point.
In a video on Maptool, the doors were turning on a rotating point at the end of the token, the creator of the video explained that it was because whoever made the door had planned it.

Creating doors at the moment on potoshop, I initially thought it was just the pivot point that had to be moved, but that doesn't work, in maptool my door keeps rotating on a central axis.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Pivot point .Png

Post by wolph42 »

well, either you create a macro that translates a token while it rotates at the same time (offset would be a circular motion so some cos/sin calculations for the x/y coords would do)

OR

you create a 2x1 or 2x2 (cell) transparent image and place the (1 cell) door in the left half of said transparent image and use that.

mickeyyoyo
Kobold

Post by mickeyyoyo »

hey Wolph42,

In fact in his video, the mapper simply added by drag and drop his door but instead of his center of rotation was in the middle he was on the end of the door.
Suddenly by making a manual rotation (Alt + control + wheel), the door turned on these "hinges" instead of in its center

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Yeah, that sounds like the image is twice the size of the door, with half of it being transparent. It's the easy way. Something like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a678pk ... sp=sharing

mickeyyoyo
Kobold

Post by mickeyyoyo »

Hi,
I didn't understand that at all.
Thanks for your help :)

Return to “General Discussion”