Background Map Blacks Out?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

HuffingtonClover
Kobold

Background Map Blacks Out?

Post by HuffingtonClover »

I've got a map that I'm working on.

Every now ant then when I re-position the map, the background map disappears and all I see is all of the tokens / objects and the original black background.

Any thoughts on what is causing this to happen?

(The map shows back up if I exit the campaign and re-load it, but this wouldn't be any fun!)

Thanks,

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Background Map Blacks Out?

Post by Full Bleed »

This is not normal behavior. You might want to share the campaign file so others can confirm the issue or diagnose the problem better. There isn't much to go on from your post.

Just guessing, but it might be a memory issue. What is the resolution of the map in question and what memory settings are you using?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

JoeDuncan
Giant

Re: Background Map Blacks Out?

Post by JoeDuncan »

Had something similar happen to a number of my players after we upgraded to Maptool 1.8.

For some reason it lost their memory settings and couldn't set them back through the UI so we had to edit their maptool configs manually to restore their min & max heap sizes and thread stack sizes (they had all been erased).

After restoring them the problem went away.
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

Return to “General Discussion”