How do you go about making your own custom item or objects??

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

AudreyKingston
Kobold

How do you go about making your own custom item or objects??

Post by AudreyKingston »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole forum thing, but the question I want to ask is, does MapTools have any type of extra tool or program that they use or recommend for creating your own objects or items? (like portals, archways things of the sort)

any info would be great!

Thanks!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: How do you go about making your own custom item or objects??

Post by Full Bleed »

AudreyKingston wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 am
Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole forum thing, but the question I want to ask is, does MapTools have any type of extra tool or program that they use or recommend for creating your own objects or items? (like portals, archways things of the sort)

any info would be great!

Thanks!
MT isn't a digital art program so it's not suited for creating specific objects.

But if you go to File>Add Resource Library and select the RPTools gear logo you can add a bunch of art packs with some item resources.

Otherwise, one of the best ways to get art assets to use in a VTT like MT is to just go to your favorite search engine and do an image search.

Something like this:

"archway.png rpg"

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ar ... BasicHover
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “General Discussion”