Using remote control software to use maptool on tablets?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

JasonRoy
Kobold

Using remote control software to use maptool on tablets?

Post by JasonRoy »

Hello everyone.

Has anyone come up with a solution where a remote control software would be used on android or ios to control the player maptool client running actually on the host ?

I have 2 players in my room with androids devices. I was wondering if from my windows laptop I could:

Start 2 ultra light linux virtual machines on my laptop, containing a matptool client. Use a remote control software like nomachine to give control to the android devices.

We all play in person, and I have one client displayed on the TV, but the players cannot interract with the tokens this way.

It would probably bring my laptop to its knees, but I wonder if anyone as ever succeed.

JoeDuncan
Giant

Re: Using remote control software to use maptool on tablets?

Post by JoeDuncan »

Should be possible through the existing experimental WebAPI.

See this post: viewtopic.php?t=25577
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

Humusk1
Kobold

Re: Using remote control software to use maptool on tablets?

Post by Humusk1 »

If you want to remotely access a user's desktop while they are also connected into the workstation, use the Remote Assistance Protocol (MS-RA). You don't need SCCM Remote Control, the user doesn't have to start the session, and you don't have to install anything on the user's computer.
You can also use MS-RA to access the workstation remotely via RDP while the user is logged in.
Managing subscriptions is now just a click away with subscription management software

Return to “General Discussion”