Help with Remote Application

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Kekegenkai
Kobold

Help with Remote Application

Post by Kekegenkai »

Does anyone have some time to help me test a RDC(Remote Desktop Client) software? I am trying to setup some MapTools tutorials and we had problems using VNC and WebEx, so I am trying to see if Mikogo will work. All I need is for you to download the software at Mikogo and then put in the code 594-102-664 to join. If you can, send me an email and I will send you my ventrilo info.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Help with Remote Application

Post by aliasmask »

I doubt and don't recommend anyone to take you up on your offer, since you're new to the site. If you wish to discuss your issues with screen share software and using MapTool, then I'm all for it. I personally just use Discord Screen Share because it's easy, secure and includes voice chat. I'm not familiar with Mikogo, but if it's like VNC or other RDC Programs there can be an element of risk for users not familiar with its capabilities.

I do find some elements of MapTool not to be included when sharing just the app Window requiring more of a desktop screen share to see all the elements and popups produced by MapTool.

Return to “General Discussion”