Unable build Dicelib and Dicetool

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

jfrazierjr
Deity

Unable build Dicelib and Dicetool

Post by jfrazierjr »

The DiceTool has not been working for several weeks now.. but the dicelib got broken with the latest SVN update I grabed this AM.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Ok.. looks like I had not updated parser. So when I updated parser the dicelib problem got fixed. Still, the problem remains with the dicetool though.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I'll poke giliath about that.

have you told antlr to regenerate the auto generated classes ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:I'll poke giliath about that.

have you told antlr to regenerate the auto generated classes ?
I ran the ANTLR task on Expression.g and the parser is fine at this point, its just the dicetool that is broken now.

While you are at it, perhaps you can poke him about how to get the "variable" values in the javascript functions. I asked that on a thread and PM'ed him a few times, but no response...

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

Can you supply the error you are getting for DiceTool. It looks to be building for me and I have not done any changes in a very long time.

Look at the code in JavascriptFunction within DiceTool for how to get at variables. The resultset, row, vars, rand and out are all assigned as variables.

You should be able to do something like this into the javascript in DiceTool:

Code: Select all

var v = vars.get("variable name");
FYI: DiceTool does not use dicelib. While I have every intention of updating DiceTool to use dicelib, I have not had the time to update and integrate the 2 ideas.

Sorry for the slow responses, I have been really busy with RL lately.
~Giliath

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

giliath wrote:Can you supply the error you are getting for DiceTool. It looks to be building for me and I have not done any changes in a very long time.
Eclipse is just throwing the errors as in the image in the first post of this thread.

giliath wrote: Look at the code in JavascriptFunction within DiceTool for how to get at variables. The resultset, row, vars, rand and out are all assigned as variables.

You should be able to do something like this into the javascript in DiceTool:

Code: Select all

var v = vars.get("variable name");
FYI: DiceTool does not use dicelib. While I have every intention of updating DiceTool to use dicelib, I have not had the time to update and integrate the 2 ideas.

Sorry for the slow responses, I have been really busy with RL lately.
Cool.. Thanks!!

Return to “General Discussion”