Testers - MapTool 1.3 Build 76

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

jfrazierjr
Deity

Testers - MapTool 1.3 Build 76

Post by jfrazierjr »

Place holder for b76's pre release testing.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Testers - MapTool 1.3 Build 76

Post by jfrazierjr »

For all those who have time, there is a long list of changes (see the change log and ask questions here if you need clarification) that need to be tested. There were a large number of small changes/fixes to the map rendering component, so please test thoroughly.

At this point, you will need to check out the latest source code from SVN into Eclipse(or whatever if you know how to do this already).
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

Could you post the link on how to get/implement build 76? Reading the other threads, I would like to try it out.

Thanks,
Skester

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

skester wrote:Could you post the link on how to get/implement build 76? Reading the other threads, I would like to try it out.

Thanks,
Skester
If you start here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 67#p170135 this will give you the basics. Read the other posts after this one as a few people added additional clarification information.

Also, for those who already have source install. In order to update, you should right click on the Maptool project and select Team->Update. This will download all of the latest code changes to your local machine.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

I havent done very systematic testing and it was all local only but I played around two or three hours and it worked all pretty well. Looks promising...

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

I probably have it set up wrong.

I get the following error.

'Lauching MapToolClient (STD)' has encountered a problem
The project: clientserver which is reference by the classpath, does not exist.

I'm new to this - first time I've seen it.

Skester

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

skester wrote:I probably have it set up wrong.

I get the following error.

'Lauching MapToolClient (STD)' has encountered a problem
The project: clientserver which is reference by the classpath, does not exist.

I'm new to this - first time I've seen it.

Skester

Nope.. sorry... the clientserver project is also required and I forgot that it had been broken out. check that out of svn just like the other two (parser and rplib) and I believe you should be good to go at that point.

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

It's working now. Thanks. :D

Skester

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

Just briefly tried Build 76 out last night.

So far everything seems to be working.

(As per the other thread) I noticed there was improvement with moving tokens along a specified path. 5 seconds to 3 seconds in my test. And moving multiple tokens was significantly reduced.

Also my attack macro was a slight bit faster too. Which is great.

Haven't noticed anything broken yet, but I will post if I find anything.

Thanks everyone,
Skester

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

One thing to note. When I "fixed" the individual views, I also incorrectly made it so that FOW was partly individual also. There is a patch outstanding to fix that issue by reverting that change.

On a side note, I am also working on a patch(after b76!!!) to do the above and do it the correct way if I can. In essence, if it works, there will be an option on the start server dialog for individual FOW. When this is enabled, each token will only be able to see the areas it has revealed, but NOT places where anyone else in the party has seen that it has not. I have no idea if I can get it working as I expect, but plan to give it a try.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Exciting stuff Joe! Hopefully we can get plenty of testers to help us out with B77 stuff! We will need it since this new FOW stuff is pretty tricky stuff.

Good job!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Is the most current revision 5427?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Not sure what version we are at atm but if you do an update in eclipse now, you will get the most up to date. I am going to give that one last test tonight and if all looks well, Azhrei will release B76 tonight/tomorrow as it is now.

So if you find anything within the next few hours, let us know! :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Yeah, I am assuming it is the most recent version as the jumping template is no longer there(great fix as that was aggravating!). The lighting works based on having the server and two different characters connecting(all on my PC so didn't check over the 'net).

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

The "[blank] is typing..." message also seems to be fixed.

Return to “Testing”