[patch - MapTool] path computation fix

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Lee
Dragon

[patch - MapTool] path computation fix

Post by Lee »

Mentioned as a side-topic here, this patch fixes the problem mentioned while trying to preserve the precision of the path coordinates. Note that there is one context where I opted not to handle (i.e. path of solo or leading unsnapped token) as this fix would be more invasive than it already is.

Disclaimer: this patch made changes to the Token model to get to the fix. The side-effect of this is, if these patches are applied to your checkout or you are using an MT build that has this, it is highly likely that anything saved (e.g. campaign) will not be compatible with previous version of MapTool (b87 and below). This is caused by an internal check done by MapTool that makes comparisons of what is trying to load to its knowledge of what these are. Stuff falling outside of this knowledge triggers a flag and you will get a version error message.

With this in mind, make backups of critical assets to have something to fall back on. If you save a campaign using a build with this patch in it, consider that it might be lost to older MT versions. A test build with all the latest patches for bug and behavior fixes has just been releaased in the MapTools section.

Edit: patch "finalized". The path for a solo moving, unsnapped token is included. This path, however is an approximation based on its own reflected cell path, so a loss of precision and incongruent points will be seen. Nevertheless, all points fall within the crossing of a token, making it suitable for use (I hope).

Edit#2: taking patch offline to add changes to StampTool. Will upload once changes are applied and testing is complete
Last edited by Lee on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [patch - MapTool] path computation fix

Post by Azhrei »

Aren't there two (x,y) coords in the Token already, one for the snapped-to location and one for the non-snapped location? If so, couldn't the non-snapped coord be the "origin" coord? Or is that coord updated repeatedly as the token group is moved...?

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

It's updated repeatedly on the drag. There's a bug that also happens when you pick up a group (I forgot if it has to be mixed or not) and do not move it, the snapped-type tokens, plop down somewhere else instead of where they began. So it kind of hits two birds with one stone to have a location property that only changes when the token gets picked up and when it lands.

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

Merged fix with FoW modifications as they both touch the same classes; patch can be found here (will upload in a few hours)

Return to “Testing”