Testers - MapTool 1.3 Build 89

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

jfrazierjr
Deity

Testers - MapTool 1.3 Build 89

Post by jfrazierjr »

After talking with Azhrei a few days ago, he is going to "try really hard"(my words...) to built the what's currently in the SVN repository and release b89 within a few days.

Please make sure that if you have manually applied any of the other patches either provided in this forum or any other forum thread that those changes are reverted and update to the most current revision before beginning your testing. We are currently on revision 5897. To revert, you will need to do something something "like" this(going from memory here, so I could have missed a step or gotten the wrong name for an option but hopefully it's fairly self explanatory(notes are for those who are using Eclipse, if you are using another IDE, you probably know what your doing anyway!):
  • Select the MapTool project within Eclipse
  • Right click->Team->Revert(this may take several minutes for some people if you have manually applied patches)
Once the above has completed:
  • Select the MapTool project within Eclipse
  • Right click->Team-> Update to Revision(or I believe Update to Head would work also.)
The first set of actions undos any possible changes made by manually applied patches back to the revision last time you sync'ed. The second set checks to see if there are any new changes to any of the files in the project and automatically downloads them.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to do testing. From what I can recall, I believe Azhrei has said that the UPnP changes that Lee made are in the repository as we well as the(well... several places actually.. so hopefully all that need it) fix to support Java 7 with Vision Blocking are in place along with a few other minor defects.

Also, the b88 bugs with token placement and such was rolled back(so the behavior here should be exactly as it was in b87.) If I recall correctly, the two major bugs introduced in b88 were a result of trying to fix the "my campaign loads up, but some stuff is invisible until I resize my screen" bug, so that means that that "bug" IS still an issue.

I am not aware of the specifics of any of the other fixes that have been applied.. hopefully, Azhrei will comment here before he does the build to answer any questions you guys have.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Testers - MapTool 1.3 Build 89

Post by Full Bleed »

jfrazierjr wrote:I am not aware of the specifics of any of the other fixes that have been applied.. hopefully, Azhrei will comment here before he does the build to answer any questions you guys have.
Will this fix (SVN 5827) be in b89?

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 7&p=214410
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Full Bleed wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:I am not aware of the specifics of any of the other fixes that have been applied.. hopefully, Azhrei will comment here before he does the build to answer any questions you guys have.
Will this fix (SVN 5827) be in b89?

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 7&p=214410

Well... anything checked in already(ie, you have an SVN revision number so of course that means it is) will be in the build UNLESS it had to be rolled back due to causing other issues(as what happened to the two bugs introduced by b88.)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

jfrazierjr wrote:Well... anything checked in already(ie, you have an SVN revision number so of course that means it is) will be in the build UNLESS it had to be rolled back due to causing other issues(as what happened to the two bugs introduced by b88.)
Ok, I wasn't sure exactly how the roll-backs worked... that is, I didn't know if everything that was new in b88 was pulled out and then only certain things added back in to try to get a stable b89.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I checked just to be sure; yes, this fix is included.

When I backed out the changes in b88, I believe there were two or three that caused problems and those are the ones I took out. I could give a more complete answer (and I will update the ChangeLog when I do b89) but the hotel's Internet connection is terrible so I'm not going to attempt it tonight. I'll have a better connection starting on Thursday (I hope).

Return to “Testing”